Partners

Do Opposites Attract?

*AJ's Pov*

I walked into homeroom during the last five minutes since they can't count me as late if I had actually showed up in class for the minimum of five minutes. I walked in to see Hoon relaxed with his feet lying comfortably on his desk. Kevin on the other hand was sitting with number one, or should I say about to become number two. I sat next to Hoon as our homeroom teacher left and our Physic's teacher came in.

"Okay, since we just had a test last week that marked the end of our gravity unit, we'll be getting started on our next project. I will give this class ten days to complete the project." Mr. Im said passing around sheets that told us what our project was going to be on. "This project will start two weeks from now, since I believe that some of us need a slight review or even a lesson to be taught in order to complete this project sucessfully." I smirked. I was ready to start the project now, but yet we still need a slight review?

"Mr.Im?" Kevin's hand was in the air, catching Mr.Im's attention. Mr.Im nodded towards Kevin, indicating he could speak as Kevin began to ask his question. "On this sheet it says we will be working in pairs. So, do we get to choose we work with?" I could tell Kevin wanted to work with number one, since his eyes darted to her as soon as he asked the question.

"Of course!" Mr.Im said. Kevin' face lit up. "You'll get to choose through this paper bag." As soon as Kevin heard him say so, his face dropped as he took his seat. "Once you get your assigned partners, I want you two to sit together. During these two weeks, I want the two of you to discuss what project you plan on doing. Get a head start on your project now. It'll be much easier on you. Of course though, I'll have faith on the top class of this school though!" Mr.Im began to walk around with the paper bag, letting people draw names. The classroom became a mess with people shuffling to other people. The classroom door opened, meaning someone was leaving the classroom, but who could notice when the classroom was in a mess? Only me. Only half of the class was able to choose from the bag.

When everyone was seemingly in their places, Mr.Im seemed to notice that I was sitting alone. "Jaeseop, do you not have a partner?" I nodded without much of a word. "Does anyone here not have a partner too?" Nobody answered. 

"Hmm, seems like everybody is partnered up already. Why don't you join a partnership for this project?" 

"I'd much rather do a project by myself." I replied confindently. Mr.Im shook his head.

"I'd like everyone to be working with each other for this project." Mr.Im stated strictly. "If you don't choose-" As he was in the middle of talking, the classroom door slid open and in came Number One. Noticing how she was interrupting something, she left the bathroom pass by Mr. Im's desk and hurried to the last seat in the back of the room. "Hyo Jin, do you have a partner?"

"No." Hyo Jin replied. Mr. Im smiled and turned his attention back to me.

"Great! Jaeseop and Hyo Jin. Partners for this project!" Mr.Im said. "Now let's get back to class, shall we?"

"Wait-why do I have to work with her?!" I blurted out, frustratedly. "I'd much rather join another partnership!"

"Partnerships have been decided. If you really want to change, see me after class." Mr.Im said strictly. "Hyo Jin, could you please move over to the seat next to Jaeseop?" Hyo Jin looked around the room blankly. "The one sitting by himself." Hyo Jin moved over to the seat next to me and took a seat. Mr.Im turned his back to us as he wrote on the black board.

"So you have a Korean name too?" Hyo Jin asked. "What was your English name again? Adam right?" I ignored her as she caught on quickly and began to copy down all the notes Mr.Im was writing, making me smirk.

How is she even Number One if she needs to copy down notes like these? These are facts I''ve known since the day I was born. I let my eyes wander out the window and led myself to not pay any attention. Once class was over, Kevin darted to my desk. 

"AJ, do you want to exchange partners with me?" Kevin asked.

"Sure." I replied. "Take her. I really don't care." Kevin shot her a smile that had girls melting, but Hyo Jin didn't seem to get affected and smiled back.

"We have Literacy next." Kevin told Hyo Jin. "I need someone to read over my essay. Can you check it for me?"

"Sure." Kevin sat in front of Hyo Jin, passing her his essay. Scoffing, I moved to sit next to Hoon who was busy playing with his phone.

Lunch came to us quickly and Kevin spent his lunch doing student body work again. As I was using this time to relax, I noticed how Kevin kept looking around the lunchroom for someone. Smirking, I left the cafeteria as usually and headed to the rooftop. Unfortunately for me, Number One was there as well. She wasn't singing this time, but seemed to be practicing a dance for a song. Scoffing, I left and bumped into someone, causing them to drop al their papers on the floor. I saw a picture of Number One of once of the papers and snatched it from the floor because of a company name I read.

Name: Lee Hyo Jin 

Born in: New York City, New York, United States of America

Parents: Lee Suk- Chul and Ryu Min Hee

Birth date: December 2nd, 1991

"Working?" I muttered.  "Working at....

NH Media. Trainee.

 

"I told you, she'd be interesting."

 

 

*So, here we are. Third Chapter. Hoped you guys enjoyed it ^^. Ugh. I hate having the main female character an idol. But I feel it would be more interesting? Please leave a comment <3 I love to see what you guys think of each chapter. Anyhow enjoy~*