Rank Two

Do Opposites Attract?

*AJ's POV*

I walked into an old classroom, which was U-Kiss's hideout. As I did so, Soohyun tossed me a purple paper bag. Catching it easily, I turned my head to smirk at him. 

"What's up?" I cocked my head to the side as I leaned against a wall, sensing a bit of jealousy from Soohyun.

"Nothing much. Same as usual now that you mention it. Girls trampling over us and giving us loads of gifts. As usual, more than half of them for you and the others for us." Soohyun replied, kicking a chair to the right of him, making Kiseop protest. Kiseop was lying on a sofa made from the classroom chairs with Eli, talking about girls.

"Tch." I threw the bag back at Soohyun who stumbled, trying to catch it. I sat on the 'sofa' next to Kiseop as he moved an inch closer to Eli to make room for me. "I don't need petty gifts. All of these girls are throwing themselves all over me. It's revolting. I thought I'd get some game at this school, but seems like there isn't. How disappointing."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Hoon asked, smirking a little. "If you want a nerd-type of girl, you could easily have her. If you want an extremely hot one, the hot one will come to you." Hoon was sitting on top of a desk that was fairly close to Kevin's 'work' desk, where he sits almost everyday doing some lame student body president thing. 

"So? I mean your luck isn't that bad either. Look at you. You've got lots of girls around you too. If you want to get a girl, step up your game. I'm feeling rather bored with all of them. If you need my help, I'll definitely help." I yawned as Dong Ho began pacing around the room, trying to find something to keep him busy. "Honestly, school is getting rather boring for me too. The only grades I ever get are A's. I'm thinking about ditching school and hitting some clubs."

"But we're not old enough too yet. You don't have an ID." Dong Ho piped up. Dong Ho, as a freshman in High School, he was still so clueless.

"Who says we need a real ID?" Hoon asked, his smirk growing bigger. Honestly, if there was someone I could possibly be blood-related to, it would be Hoon. There aren't much differences between him and I, except for the fact, I'm twice of everything he has. Maybe even more than twice.

"Who says we even need an ID to get in?" Hoon turned to me, slightly confused as I could feel Dong Ho admiring the way we think.

"We need one whether it's real or fake right?" Hoon asked, his smirk slowly disappearing. Without a reply, I took out my wallet and showed it to him. "But clubs are opened at nights only. Where are you going to find a club filled with hot girls in the middle of broad daylight? Night is when things happen."

"Not all of them open at night. Some of them are 24/7. During the day, they still have a lot of college girls going wild." I smirked at the thought of catching the attention of the college girls.

"I would love to ditch, but my mother would kill me if she found out." Kiseop pouted. "I already have such bad grades in Physics and Global History. She said if I get below an eighty in any of my classes, she won't buy me my own car." 

"Well, I'd like to go at night," Hoon said smirking again. "That's when the girls are completely wild and we can get some fun time with them." 

"I'll go too." Eli piped up as Soohyun couldn't help but join in too.

"So Dong Ho obviously can't go, since he looks nothing like a twenty-year old. But Kevin, what about you?" Hoon asked, getting up and walking towards silent Kevin, who shuffled his papers every now and then. Without a reply, Hoon stole one of Kevin's papers and began to look at it. "Oh, transfer student. Hey, it's a girl and she's pretty cute too." Hoon smirked at me. "I guess she could be your game." Hoon handed me the paper as I took it, showing complete disinterest on my face.

"Cute." I said, refering to what Hoon had said. "What makes you think a girl like her could be my game?" I asked. "She's cute, but look at Min Seo. If the hottest girl in school can't get to me, what makes you think she can?" I threw the paper on the floor, as Kevin, who seemed to be smirking too, picked it up.

"Hellooo?" Hoon said. "She's the only girl who doesn't know you yet and won't until she sees you or hears of you. You could make a move on her and play with her if you want. By the way, she's from America." Kevin picked up the paper, nodding his head to what Hoon had said.

"I'd trust Hoon on this one." Kevin said mysteriously. "She'll be your game once she comes to this school." Kevin faced me and gave me his most innocent smile. "Not to mention, she'll be in our class."

"No way." My head started to hurt at the thought of having another girl drool over me during class. "Do it like you always do. Transfer her to a different class. You know how much I hate having girls in our class."

"I wish I could help you, but all the other classes are full since you made me transfer every girl in the other classes. She has to be in our class this time." Kevin replied.

"She seems pretty cute." Soohyun said. "I'd transfer to your class if I could, just to get closer to her. Dude, she's a foreigner!" 

"But she has Korean roots. I consider a foreigner to have blonde or brown hair. Maybe red hair." Hoon said. Ignoring their comments, I sighed.

"The way you guys talk about her, makes me even more sure that she's the same as te other girls. Stupid and desperate." I scoff.

"We'll see."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What'd you think of the test today?" Kiseop asked Hoon.

"Eh." Hoon used his hand  to show he did so-so on it.

"It wasn't as hard as I thought it'll be." Kevin said beaming.

"Shut up, Kevin." Kiseop muttered. "Everything is just so easy for you and AJ. It's not fair!"

"It's called studying." Kevin said, making me smirk.

"I've never studied before and I turned out just fine." I said, mocking Kevin.

"It's only because you're a genius!" Kiseop pouted, slinging his arm over Dong Ho's shoulders. "If I was born like you, I wouldn't study either."

"What are you talking about, hyung?" Dong Ho asked. "Talk about you right now. Even now, you don't study. What's the difference?"

"Shh." Kiseop shushed Dong Ho quickly while Hoon laughed and gave Dong Ho a high five. "Whatever. I need to know whether or not I need to stay at Kevin's place or I can go home tonight. I think I got a fifty on the test."

"Either way Kiseop, your mom is going to hit you." Kevin reminded him. "I don't mind having you sleep over, but in the end your mom will still hit you."

"Whatever. I need you to visit my mom then." Kiseop said. "But I'm still sleeping over if I get a fifty. I don't feel like dealing with her right now." Kiseop began push us all to the the front of the school where all of our scores were laid out.

"What a waste of my time." I scoffed as Kevin stayed next to me.

"I think I dropped a rank." Kevin sighed. "I'll just study harder next time." 

"How could someone beat my man?!" I could hear Min Seo's cries clearly as she stood in the front. As Kiseop, Dong Ho, and Hoon made their way to the front, the huge crowd of people seperated to let them through.

"I guess Min Seo found another man right?" I smirked. "Probably another loser." I could tell Kevin wanted to laugh so badly. Before I could ask him what was so funny, Min Seo spotted me and came up to me, clinging onto me. Flinging her off and tell her to go away, Dong Ho came speeding back to me.

"AJ!!!" Dong Ho cried out. "Do you have any idea what your rank is?" Hoon and Kiseop came back, stealing glances at me before laughing.

"Number one as usual." I replied confidently.

"Tch." Hoon, Kevin, an Kiseop let out a laugh. "Dude, you're second." Hoon announced.

"Oh hahaha." I replied. "Do you think I'm stupid enough to fall for your pranks?"

"Then I dare you to head over there and see your rank. Don't tell me, you're too chicken to see that you're number two." Hoon said smirked. The whole crowd turned to us before hurrying off. Rolling my eyes and muttering under my breath how it was such a big waste of time, I headed over to the board to look for my name. Looking at rank one, I realized my name really wasn't there, but a new name. Kevin stood next to me, trying not to laugh. 

The name was.

Lee Hyo Jin. 

Who the hell is she? My eyes immediately went to rank two.

Kim Jaeseop.

"Who the hell is Hyo Jin?" I asked Kevin angrily.

"The new girl. You'd know if you paid attention during class today." Kevin was now smirking at me. "What are you going to do?"

"Whatever, let's talk about it once we go out for dinner tonight. My treat since I don't have to stay at Kevin's place. I got a sixty!" Kiseop said, trying to divert our attention.

"Like I told you AJ, she's your game. You're losing."

"I won't lose to her."

 

 

*I know it's a rather short chapter compared to the ones I do in Arranged Marriage to... but honestly, it's only because beginnings are always my weak points the middle is when I feel more comfortable and I have a burst of ideas. So many good ideas for the middle of story, it's actually motivating, but it also reminds me of how I have to do the beginning of the story before I can do the middle of the story. Anyhow, enjoy!~*