CHAPTER EIGHT

❧ W O L V E S & W A R R I O R S ❧
 
 
The cold air caused my heart to stop
However the moon influenced us on this night,
Tonight’s atmosphere is hazy,
I enjoy the thrill, it’s crazy,
You cannot be taken away, never. 
 
- Thriler, BTOB
 
❧  ❧  ❧ 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Kris held her body in his arms, taking out his cell phone and holding it with one shoulder. Glancing down at the hallway to see if anyone was there, he'd taken a towel from the closet and wrapped her in it, trying to get the most of the chemicals off her body. She hadn't been in the closet long enough to have gotten burned, but he was worried she was still intoxicated from any toxic substances she had inhaled. Closing his eyes and praying that the phone would pick up, he'd dialed for Baekhyun, but for some reason he wasn't answering. Damn it, he thought, as he put his cell on speaker and immediately called Kai. Running out from the building as fast as possible, he scanned the parking lot for any stray passerby, stealthily ducking behind the cars so that no one would recognize him. 
 
"Hello?" 
 
Kai's soft voice went through the speaker as Kris balanced it between his collarbone, fumbling with his key from his pockets. His hands were shaking for some reason, and he willed it to stop as he opened the passenger door with a click. Taking ________'s body and carefully placing it in the passenger's seat, he bent over to help her clip on the seatbelt and stopped when he looked up, noticing that his face was immediately in front of hers. "Kai," Kris answered slowly, his eyes still locked on her face. He felt a rush of possessiveness overcome him at her fragility - the way she was so small in his arms, how - as well as her strength at how she hadn't given up on herself when she was stranded in the closet. 
 
"Where are you? You need to be back - you're so late that Sehun's going to kill you." 
"I've got a situation. I can't come." 
"What do you mean you can't - "
 
"I need to bring someone to the hospital." 
 
The phone was dead silent before Kai barked out a harsh reply, making Kris cringe. "NO! Are you ing insane?" Sighing, Kris took his hand and touched a strand of her hair, gently moving it out of the way of her sweaty face. "I know, Kai, but there's something I have to do there." 
 
"You're crazy. Stop being stupid and get to your senses-"
 
"This time I can't. I have to, Kai."
 
"You know that we don't go well with hospitals. Remember when Xiumin got pneumonia as a child and they did those tests on him? Remember how D.O had a high fever for a week and couldn't get out of bed? Every single time we brought someone to the hospital, we always had to escape before the doctors locked us in to take tests on us. You know our blood tests are inconclusive, you know that our abilities are medically impossible - and yet you still want to threaten our existence by going to the ing hospital? , Kris - it's not just about you - it's about us as well!" 
 
Kris furrowed his brow. "I'm sorry Kai, but this time it's important - just cover for me, okay?"
 
"First it's Baekhyun, and now it's you? Hell, Kris-"
 
"Baekhyun? What's going on?" Kris interjected, suddenly suspicious. Baekhyun was one of the most gifted vocalists of the group - he knew that he had to attend every single meeting in order to record and edit all of his parts. He was always meticulous when it came to music, and ensured that the rest of Exo were working diligently in order to finish their lines for their next single. "He's not here too, just like you are. I don't know what the hell you two are pulling, but I want answers when you come back," Kai growled before Kris heard the dead tone of the phone, and knew that Kai had cut him off. Swearing under his breath, he threw the cell into the back, before glancing at ___________'s face again. 
 
He touched her cheek gently with the back of his hand, brushing it slowly before he closed the door. 
 
Climbing into the driver's seat, he quickly the engine, the tires screeching as he headed to the nearest hospital.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP796nUDs-dU_A1CwdG66
____________________________________________________________________________________________