CHAPTER FIVE

❧ W O L V E S & W A R R I O R S ❧
 
"Why didn't I know that the shadow casted over my face,
Was created from the light called you?"
 
- Black, G-Dragon
 
 
❧  ❧  ❧ 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
C H A P T E R
F I V E
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
"You !" 
 
I'd heard the words clearly - they had resonated through my mind, but they hadn't quite registered yet. I then remembered the leery look the manager sent me, at how his fingers clutched at my arm just a little too tight for my liking. 
 
Was he taking advantage of me just because I was a mute? 
 
"You almost cost me my job - the celebrity whose room you were supposed to keep clean began to complain - and then I had to take care of all the you didn't clean up. You entered the wrong place, stupid girl - the CEO was close to giving me a promotion, but after having taken in stupid mute girl who can't even properly do her job, even a dog would be worth more than you, you wench, ing things up on your first day." My heart was pounding at his dagger-like words, my body feeling suddenly so small and weak as he pushed me, and as I knew bruises would soon blossom on my skin. I tried to hold my hands in front of me, trying to protect myself, but he sneered as he grabbed both my wrists, making me trip on the stairs. "Oh, you can't even walk properly now, ? Not only can you not talk, but are you disabled too?" He snarled, twisting my arm as he flung me into the janitorial closet. 
 
I shook my head, pushing the tears back as I refused to cry at his abuse. 
 
"You stupid ," He said, standing in the doorway as I was sprawled on the floor, backing into the shelves so that he wouldn't touch me. "You want to escape? You try getting away from this," He spat, grabbing random bottles off the wall, flinging some of them at me. They spilled all over the ground, mingling together as I tried to move away from the chemicals, knowing that some of them were toxic and could burn my skin. He then threw a mop at me, grinning maliciously as he stared at the pitiful sight I had become - unable to even verbally cry for help. "Clean this mess that you just made, , and then you can start work again tomorrow. Or maybe you'll just have to spend the whole night here," he said, before he closed the door with a gentle click so that no one could hear.
 
I finally let the tears loose as I heard the jangle of a key, locking the door so that I truly couldn't escape. 
 
 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP796nUDs-dU_A1CwdG66
 
Man, did I ever just things up, Kris thought as he walked down the hallway, taking a longer path towards the recording studio that the rest of s were in so that he could recollect his thoughts. That couldn't have possibly been the girl that he had seen nearly five years ago - the girl he knew was a fighter, her strength lying in the fact that even though her parents had died, she'd continued to take upon the responsibility of caring for her brother. Even though she was on the brink of death that night, she didn't lose her will to live, and that was the quality in her that Kris admired the most. He'd vowed to get revenge not only for her, but for himself - and the fact that she was holding on helped remind him that he was doing the right thing. By trying to get back at someone who was a brother to him, who was connected as part of his pack, the only thing that kept him going was knowing all the lives Chanyeol had affected after his disappearance. Today, however, she looked pitiful, almost as if she were a different person, like a fragile piece of glass. She was so introverted, so shy that Kris could barely even make out what she looked like, until he saw those haunting eyes. 
 
Eyes exactly the same as the ones five years ago - eyes that were fearful, that flickered in the light every time she was scared. 
 
He couldn't help but feel as if something was off, despite what seemed like her utter repulsion to him. Not only was she the first girl that didn't attempt to crawl over him (or propose marriage to him, for that matter) but she also didn't seem to like to or even know how to talk - at all. She didn't even attempt to make conversation - in fact, speaking seemed to be something that she was scared of. He wondered what had caused her to become like this - someone who closed themselves off from the rest of the world. 
 
But for such a shy person, she's awful friendly with Yong Guk, he thought, shaking his head.  
 
Trying to clear the thoughts away from his mind, he noticed that he hadn't paid attention to where he was walking, and had taken the wrong stairway - ending up on the second floor instead of the fourth, which was where the studios were. There was nothing important in this wing - it was mostly reserved for some janitorial offices and extra storage, as well as costume design and makeup. Preparing to turn back, knowing that for sure he'd get dirt from Kai for being late, Kris tensed as he smelled something strange - a pungent, sickening odor from the farthest room in the hallway. It was a sharp, bitter smell, and as he briefly tapped into his wolf senses, he frowned as he recognized the disinfectant. 
 
Formaldehyde?  
 
Why would there be a chemical spillage in the janitorial closet?
 
Nearing the door, he placed a hand on the doorknob. As his fingers tried to turn the cold metal, he suddenly noticed that liquid was seeping out from under the slat between the door and the ground. His eyes widening, he then heard a thumping noise, registering it as a heartbeat that was coming from within the closet. 
 
Is there - is there a person in there? 
 
His eyes widening, he tried to yank at the door, but it was to no avail. The damn door was locked, as if someone had purposely tried to trap someone in there, and wanted them to stay inside. Swearing under his breath, Kris looked behind him, checking if the hallway was abandoned. Noticing that there was not a single person standing in the area, Kris began to violently shake the doorknob - but it was still shut tight, sealed as if it were keeping a dark secret. Shocked, he felt an innate sense that time was running out, and he decided to take the last resort, manifesting himself into a wolf. His hands began to extend, turning into paws, as his silvery-white coat began to materialize and long, obsidian claws began to take their form. Deftly picking at the lock with his sharp nails, the knob opened with a satisfactory click, and he pushed open the door, bounding into the closet. 
 
Staring at the sight in front of him, Kris couldn't believe it. 
 
____________ was half unconscious, surrounded by bottles of various cleaners that had emptied their contents on the ground.  She stared at him for a couple of seconds before her eyes fluttered and closed, and he snarled, furious with whoever had done this to her. 
 
 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP796nUDs-dU_A1CwdG66
____________________________________________________________________________________________