CHAPTER SIX

❧ W O L V E S & W A R R I O R S ❧
 
 
"It's okay even if I can't love you,
It's okay even if I can't touch you,
Lonely love, yes I love you, 
Even from far away I can see you."
 
- Touch Love, Yoon Mi Rae
 
❧  ❧  ❧ 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
C H A P T E R
S I X
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Baekhyun glanced at his cell phone, taking his aviator shades from his pocket and shielding his eyes with them while ducking his chin into his scarf. Praying that nobody would notice him despite the fact that he was in broad daylight, he hoped that Chanyeol would come as soon as possible. 
 
Dammit, what if this is just a trap?
 
Shaking his head and assuring himself that he was doing the right thing, Baekhyun looked around at the place that Chanyeol had messaged him to wait at, glancing at the quaint cafe that was situated in the heart of Seoul. The vibrancy of the capital's youth seemed to explode around him, emanating the pulsing energy from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Store vendors were yelling for teenagers to eat inside their small, cramped stalls, while teenagers gossiped on their cell phones, and middle-aged men and women rushed to work in their crisp, pressed suits and dresses. Glancing at the utter normalcy of the world around him, he sighed as he thought about how wrapped up humans were in their day-to-day errands, to the point where they never looked further for answers. If only they knew there were beasts - monsters like us in this world, he thought, as he opened up his palm face-up to see the brand permanently marked across it. It was a symbol which had appeared on his wrist, one that he'd gotten during his First Shedding which was when he'd first transformed into a wolf. Having control over light, it was a sun-shaped star with a hole in the middle to represent the moon, and eight dots on each spike of the sun to depict the eight planets of the world that revolved around it. 
 
If only these people knew what was hiding behind the shadows - then they wouldn't be able to walk so comfortably anymore, he thought, as he saw a little girl grabbing on to her mother's hand, laughing as she almost tripped on the sidewalk. 
 
"Lost in thought, Baekhyun?" 
 
The hairs on Baekhyun's neck immediately prickled, and he felt his body tense up as a sudden spike of anxiety shot through him. Pushing back the nervousness and trying to regain his composure, he looked up behind him, and came face-to-face with who was once his brother, his best friend, his teammate - 
 
And who was now his sworn enemy. 
 
"Where's Suho?" He asked, frowning as he noticed that Chanyeol had come alone. The boy was born a couple months after him, but they were born during the same year, which meant that they held an exclusive bond because they shared their tribal rituals and birth celebrations at the same time. However, because Chanyeol was born when the silvery orb was full, he was supposedly revered as the most benevolent and intellectual one - with his mellow personality and calm demeanor, he was always the one the pack respected the most. Baekhyun, however, was constantly getting into trouble, and the elders blamed it on his fiery disposition since the moon was shaped as a three-quarter crescent during his birth, a period when it was the most unstable - for the moon was not quite quite half, but also not quite whole. 
 
"That's all you've got to say to me after five years?" Chanyeol smirked, shoving his hands deep into his pockets, as he snapped Baekhyun out of his thoughts.
 
"I thought I made it clear that I was looking for Suho, not you," He retorted, scanning Chanyeol's appearance as he neared his table. 
 
His hair was dyed a reddish-brown color, with wavy bangs tucked under a black baseball cap that was twisted backwards. He was also dressed in casual clothing and donned a hoodie over a plaid shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and the latest basketball sneakers. Rings adorned his fingers, and he noticed that Chanyeol even had multiple piercings on his ears - a spike driving into his left, and a silver stud on his right. On anyone else, Baekhyun would have found the attire normal, stylish even - but he frowned when he saw it on  someone who was once like a brother to him. Chanyeol never paid attention to what he wore back then, for he often randomly threw on his hyung's clothes and wore mismatched garments, not even caring how they looked. They'd often joked about the fact that his t-shirts always had holes in them and how he would never get rid of ratty loafers - and even the fact that he could go on for weeks wearing the same filthy ensemble. 
 
So why was he so fashion-conscious now - as if he were trying to act - like a human? 
 
"You asked for Suho?" Chanyeol asked, sitting down across from Baekhyun.
 
"Yeah." 
 
Chanyeol smiled, suddenly taking Baekhyun's cup and taking a large swig. 
 
"Funny you'd ask that, because he's been sitting next to you since you came here," he said, as he pressed the cup to his lips and took a generous swallow from the drink. 
 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP796nUDs-dU_A1CwdG66
____________________________________________________________________________________________