CHAPTER SEVEN

❧ W O L V E S & W A R R I O R S ❧
 
 
"Your attitude was different, making my heart ache - you felt strange,
The sky is black as if it will rain,
Both of us getting sick of the repetitive disappointments and arguments,
You will probably break up with me here today."
 
- Stupid in Love, Soyu ft. Mad Clown
 
❧  ❧  ❧ 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
C H A P T E R
S E V E N
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
"What?" Baekhyun slowly turned around and froze as he saw their former leader.
 
He was stunned that although he'd almost worshiped and looked up to their leader for all his life, not once did Baekhyun recognize that stranger who he'd sat in front of, merely dismissing him as another customer. Once the man took off his cap and raised his head, however, Baekhyun gripped the side of the table tightly as he saw who was supposedly someone thought to be dead. Scanning the facial features of the man who had just moved to their table, Baekhyun could see the resemblance was still there - the dark hair, pale complexion, and expressive almond eyes were as confident as usual, displaying his natural capability as an alpha. Everything about him was the exact same as it had been five years ago - his defiant stance, despite his medium build, and his powerful aura were still completely intact, characteristics that had stubbornly refused to leave him. However, on a closer inspection, Baekhyun saw the lines on his face and the tense lock in his jaw, realizing that they had all matured and grown older these past five years - and it seemed that Suho hadn't lived all this time without suffering any pain, either. 
 
But...was this really...Suho? 
 
How was this possible? 
 
"Hello, Baekhyun," he said, his tone calm despite the relentless pounding through Baekhyun's chest. Baekhyun stared before trying to piece together a string of words. "H-h-hyung," He muttered, unable to even look at him. 
 
This is just a cruel, cruel joke - 
 
"Baekhyun - it's me. It's Suho." 
 
Baekhyun looked at the man in front of him, trying so hard to piece together who this foreign being was, to discover what this - this intruder - who pretended to be Suho was doing. Stumbling out of his chair, he felt as if he were in the midst of a panic attack - his throat had constricted, leaving him to slowly fumble with his weak voice in order to exhume a few skeletons of sentences. Running his hand through his hair, he could see that his hands were shaking, and he tried to compose himself despite feeling a bitter cold sweep throughout his body, sending chills down his spine. "You're lying. Hyung - hyung you're just a liar. We all know what happened to you that night and nobody recovered your body - D.O didn't sense anything from you even though we waited, we goddamn waited -
 
How can you be back, hyung?" 
 
Suho's face looked pained as he tried to reach out at Baekhyun, but Baekhyun pulled his arm back. 
 
Chanyeol let out a snarl as he avoided Suho's touch, frowning at him. 
 
"Didn't you say that you missed him these five years? Didn't you guys say that you would do anything in order to have him back? Well look at this, Baekhyun, you're seeing him in the flesh and yet you still don't believe that this is him! Stop being such a brat and listen carefully, damn it!" 

"Chanyeol-ah," Suho said softly, trying to appease the situation, but Chanyeol shook his head. 
 
"It's time all of us grew up. All of us. And that means knowing the truth," He said stubbornly, walking towards Baekhyun and trying to make him sit down in his chair. 
 
"Don't touch me!" Baekhyun snapped, grabbing Chanyeol and pushing him away. 
 
"!" Chanyeol yelled, as he tumbled on to the floor, nearly crashing into the table next to them.  Despite the clang the metal chair made as Chanyeol's body slightly brushed it, only a few passerby stared, while the rest were too distracted by the bustling noise of the afternoon rush to care. The lone table that sat at the other end of the patio gave them fearful looks, but made no effort to come any closer in between the tense situation between them. Looking stressed, Suho ran over to help Chanyeol get up, while Baekhyun stared in shock at what had just happened. He glanced at his hands, the very fingers that had grabbed at Chanyeol's shirt and flung him, and even though he flexed them he felt normal, the same - not painful as it should have been in order to impact Chanyeol like that. 
 
What the ? 
 
Chanyeol had always been the stronger one - it was a characteristic that Baekhyun had been inherently jealous of, and the push that he'd given him shouldn't have even made him move. The only possible way for this to happen was if Chanyeol - if Chanyeol - 
 
Was human. 
 
"W-W-What's g-going o-on?" Baekhyun said, his voice rising in pitch as the things he didn't understand began to pile up, shrouding him in a fog that he couldn't see through. "W-w-why is t-this h-happening?" He looked around him frantically, seeing Suho with a grim look on his face and Chanyeol avoiding his gaze. "Baekhyun, you need to calm down -" Suho said, his arm around Chanyeol as he supported the younger boy's weight, helping into a chair at the table. "I know you don't understand what's going on right now, but you need to relax-" Suho tried to grab Baekhyun's hand, but Baekhyun began to yell as his fingers tried to touch his. "HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THAT WHEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING?" He stared at them as he tried to catch his breath, hating them because he suddenly felt as if the realization had dawned that they had kept something hidden, not only from him, but from the entire pack for the past five years. 
 
"You bastard. You're so ignorant," Chanyeol cursed, as he wiped his hand across his mouth, spitting at the ground. 
 
"You ing-" Baekhyun retorted, but stopped speaking once Chanyeol interrupted. 
 
"The reason why these five years you haven't heard from us, why you couldn't sense Suho anymore - I'm sure you've already pieced it together but you're still not willing to believe it. So I'll just say it for you. We've become human, Baekhyun, and we're back to help all of you become mortal," He said, as Baekhyun felt the entire world around him crash, burning away in the midst of the inferno Chanyeol's flames had just created. 
 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP796nUDs-dU_A1CwdG66
____________________________________________________________________________________________