~ Chapter Four ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

“Suk Jin appa! Jae Suk appa! It’s time for dinner!” Seventeen years old Ji Hyo shouted from the kitchen.


“Alright, baby gal! Appas are coming!” Despite his age, Suk Jin skipped merrily into the fragrance filled kitchen. Unable to resist the delicious-looking honey roasted prime rib; Suk Jin’s fingers itched towards the mouth-watering dish. Unfortunately, his hand was swiftly slapped away by his lovely daughter.


“Naughty appa, no eating!” Ji Hyo pouted and stomped her foot cutely before walking towards the dining room where Jae Suk had already perfectly laid the table and sat there rubbing his growling tummy. He grinned at his silly hyung who followed Ji Hyo out of the kitchen like a lost puppy.


“Hey, baby gal! What’s wrong?” Suk Jin asked innocently while pulling the chair for his daughter, totally unaware of the mistake he had made.


“I’m no longer a baby gal, Suk Jin appa!” Ji Hyo whined and swung her appa’s arm childishly. “I’m already seventeen years old! Besides, I’ve been promoted again!”


“Yes, Ji Hyo. No, Sergeant Song! Though you are nicknamed ‘The Ace’, you will always remain as our baby gal!” Jae Suk joined in the fun of teasing their daughter. It was a simple yet heart-warming dinner to celebrate Ji Hyo’s promotion. Being the senior officers in the police force, it was a contentment to see their daughter rising to be the Ace of the academy at such young age. Both Suk Jin and Jae Suk were so proud of Ji Hyo at the promotion ceremony where they received envious looks from their colleagues.


After the sumptuous dinner, the trio washed and dried the plates together before retreating to the living room. Suk Jin winked mysteriously to Jae Suk who disappeared to his room with a smile. Ji Hyo looked to and fro between her two dads and wondered what was up their sleeves again. Nonetheless, she threw herself onto the couch as she was feeling too full and lazy to move around.


A short while later; Jae Suk emerged from the bedroom holding two big boxes. He tossed one to Suk Jin who captured it perfectly before placing into Ji Hyo’s hands. “It’s just a small gift for Princess Ace!” Suk Jin smiled brightly.
 

Curious to know what was inside the box, Ji Hyo opened it straightaway and couldn’t help to emit a yelp of excitement. “Thank you, appa! It’s my favourite animal kingdom! Wow, soft toys of tiger, lion, giraffe, impala, penguin, monkey and lastly grasshopper!”


Suk Jin was glad to know his daughter was pleased with his gift but was interested to know one thing. “Ji Hyo ah, I can understand that lion, tiger, giraffe, impala, penguin and monkey are considered animals but isn’t grasshopper an insect?”


“Hahaha! That I know too but I don’t know why I like grasshopper as well, it’s one of my favourite!” Ji Hyo grinned, pinching the giraffe and hugging the tiger.


“Hey, hold that, young girl; you’ve yet to see my present for you!” Jae Suk held out another box towards his excited daughter.


Ji Hyo felt so blessed to have two fathers doting so much on her. Both of them treated her like a precious princess even though they were not blood related. Their age difference wasn’t that big as Suk Jin was only older than her by twenty years while the between Jae Suk and Ji Hyo was only nineteen. So somehow it was like being with two older brothers at times. Nonetheless, it was fortunate to have such a warm and welcoming family.


Ji Hyo carefully opened the box and saw ––– a stack of newspapers? She dug out the newspaper and looked questioningly at her younger appa.


“Oh, come on, you have to unwrap your present, don’t be so lazy.” Jae Suk grinned and .


Ji Hyo pouted adorably at Jae Suk before reluctantly unwrapping layers and layers of newspapers. Finally, towards the end, Ji Hyo saw three concert tickets.


“Dang-dang! Three tickets for you, me and Suk Jin appa to watch Kim Jong Kook’s concert on coming Saturday!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Jong Kook?? Yes, it is Kim Jong Kook! He's gonna appear soon..! ^_~

Sigh... Feel so disheartening... I'm wondering whether this story is not up to standard? Coz it seems that the response is poor... Might consider to discontinue the story... T____T