~ Chapter Twenty-Six ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

 

Fairy Lizzy supplied the trio with tissue papers. Her own face was a crying mess as she dabbed frantically with the tissue at her reddened eyes and nose.


The Royal King was the first to recover. He patted softly on Sung Im’s shoulder and said. “We knew. Both of us know it as the Queen had already foreseen the scene today.”


Sung Im who was gently blowing her nose on the tissue, raised her head enquiringly. At the Royal King’s signal, Jong Kook lifted the charm of the barrier which parted, drawn beautifully apart like a curtain.


The lovely landscape was once again transformed to the stage in the city central. Sung Im was shocked beyond words as she saw the entire universe citizens crying and smiling at her. Suk Jin and Jae Suk rushed onto the stage and hugged Sung Im tightly, relieved that she was still alive.


Unable to utter any words, Sung Im turned to look disbelievingly at the royal couple for explanation.


The Royal Queen stepped forward with a smile and explained. “Upon our decision, I had another vision attack. I saw you lying in a pool of blood with Jong Kook holding onto a bloodied sword. And I knew I have to think of another solution to counter-attack the future event.”


“During the process of absorbing and locking Jong Kook’s power, I had duplicated a copy of his memories in the pendant. Not only that, I had already informed Jong Kook of the situation beforehand. He was highly agitated and I had to reassure him that this is the process that both of you have to go through and it will be successful. Believing in us, Jong Kook stopped struggling and accepted the proposal.” The Royal King added on.


“However, as we have tried to alter the future too much, I was unable to foresee what happen after the change, meaning I have no idea what will happen after you are being revived, Sung Im.” The Queen sighed.


“But even so…” Jong Kook stepped onto stage and walked towards his beloved girl with a confident smile. “You are destined to be my wife, Cheon Sung Im.”


Unexpectedly, Sung Im shook her head and took a step back; further herself away from Jong Kook, making his smile faltered and the crowd gasping in surprise. “No! I do not agree!”


“Why? Sung Im?” Joong Ki could not help questioning. “It’s totally obvious that both of you are so in love with each other! Is it because of your demon origin? You don’t have to worry. I’m sure that the citizens are willing to accept you with welcoming arms. You have proven yourself to be capable of restraining your demon instinct. You have put the stability of the universe and the well-being of the Royal Family before yourself. This is what we expected from our leader. So what is stopping you now?”


“Moreover, just think of Cheon Sung Im of being dead and Song Ji Hyo the ordinary policewoman was reborn instead.” Fairy Lizzy brilliantly supplied.


Still shaking her head, Sung Im stepped forward and addressed the crowd. “Yes, I may be capable of reining onto my demon traits. But do you still remember that the demon blood is still pulsing around in my body? It does not necessarily guarantee that I will forever be able to grab tightly onto my conscience. And it certainly does not mean that my children, if I have any with the newly-appointed Royal King, will be faithful to the universe!”


Pausing to take a breath, Sung Im rubbed her forehead and continued to reason. “This does not mean that I don’t trust my children nor I do not emphasise on strict upbringing of them. But fact will remain fact. The probability of me or my children betraying the universe is still relatively high! Would you gamble on that?”


The crowd was quiet after Sung Im’s outburst as they pondered the possibility raised by her.


Tears resumed flowing down Sung Im’s face again as she pleaded. “Since… Since I’m revived… May all of you consider my past effort and grant me a tiny wish?”


The royal couple nodded their heads for Sung Im to carry on.


“Please… Please send me back to the alternate universe with my two appas. Just let me live peacefully like any ordinary person.” Sung Im sobbed and turned her head away, not bearing to look at Jong Kook. Suk Jin and Jae Suk took Sung Im into their warm embrace while gesturing Jong Kook to do something about it. Both of them loved Sung Im and they wanted her to achieve her happiness. They hoped that the Royal Family would have any answer to Sung Im’s doubts.


“Hahahahaha!” Jong Kook began laughing out loud without reason, making everyone staring bewilderedly and worriedly at him. Kwang Soo was worried that his old buddy had officially gone nuts and had actually thought ahead of sending the new Royal King for a mental health check later.


“Sure!” Jong Kook suddenly bellowed. “Leave all you want! Leave even at the expense of me dying!”


The new Royal King’s short speech stunned the entire crowd.


“Kim Jong Kook!” Dismissing the formalities due to anxiousness, Sung Im tried to knock some sense back to the muddle-headed Royal King. She walked towards Jong Kook and hit him hard on his chest several times. “You can’t seek death! I knew it! That was why I erased your memories! I don’t want you to follow me even in death! You must not be so irres--”


“Sung Im” Jong Kook grabbed hold of her two small hands and hugged her tightly. Furious at her movements being restrained, Sung Im struggled. “Listen to me first.”


Sung Im gradually stopped her struggling and listened attentively to Jong Kook. She wanted to withdraw from his embrace but of course he did not allow and instead tightened his hug.


“I know you would be even madder after hearing my explanation.” His warning beforehand made Sung Im arched her eyebrows inquisitively as she smelled something fishy. Jong Kook grinned childishly before continuing his explanation. “You die, I die…”


“Psst… Hahahaha…!” Gary could not help bursting into laughter. But then he realised everyone was looking at him. “Sorry! I just remember a similar line from a movie! Just ignore me… Carry on, carry on…”


Jong Kook cleared his throat again and took a deep breath. He slowly distanced himself from Sung Im, taking steps and steps away from her and covered his precious hair with both hands.


“I have no patience…” Sung Im growled in a warning tone.


“Patience is a virture, Sung Im ya…” But one glare from the girl made the almighty new Royal King gulped and discontinued his lecture. “Well, it’s actually nothing big… I’ve merely joined our life forces and powers together. This means that I’ll die when you die or you will die when I die. I know this is rather selfish of---”


“WHAT???!!!” Sung Im was fuming mad as she took a step nearer to Jong Kook who stepped back timidly. “How can you do that? What if I die before you? What if---”


“No worries, Sung Im ya. Calm down, come on, relax and take a deep breath…” Jong Kook tried to cooed his fury girl but to no avail when Sung Im bellowed again.


“Kim Jong Kook! This is no laughing matter! It’s a serious life-and-death issue! I don’t care! By hook or by crook, you have to undo this process! Do you hear me?” The hot-headed Sung Im demanded making Jong Kook winced.


“But… Sorry, Sung Im ya, the process is irreversible.” Jong Kook answered and hurriedly added more information to assure her but to his dismay, it spited her even further. “I’ve also combined our powers together, meaning I can use yours and you can use mine! Therefore, we are formidable and no one will be able to defeat us!”


Sung Im began to rub her throbbing head. “Oh gosh! This is doom! This is doom! Gosh! I’ve to think of a solution…” Sung Im softly mumbled but it was caught by the Royal Queen.


“Whatever, Sung Im… I guess there isn’t any solution at the moment. Hence you should just stay here and marry to Jong Kook to ensure both are still living healthily. And as for your adoptive fathers, they may stay but it depends on their decision to leave the alternate universe. So, in the meantime of searching for the antidote or whatsoever, hope you and Jong Kook will find time and create next batch of the royal successors!”


The Royal Queen clapped her hands in glee and the Royal King beamed happily at his son and daughter-in-law.


Sung Im shook her head in disbelief. “My Royal Queen, how can you even suggest---”


“Sung Im, you should start calling us Father and Mother, just like what Jong Kook does. If not, you can address us by ‘appa’ and ‘eomma’ like what you do in the alternate universe!” The King cut off off Sung Im’s protest and suggested.


“But---” Sung Im tried to protest again only to be cut off by Jong Kook this time. Not by words but by kiss. Jong Kook successfully quietened his long-winded girl, earning a round of applause from the crowd.


“Whoa…! Great! That’s my son! It’s the most effective way!” The Royal King complimented his son.


“Thank you, Fairy Lizzy, for letting us to clear all the misunderstanding. My wife and I shall return.” The royal couple bowed to the pretty fairy who smiled and led them back. But before they were gone, the cheeky Royal King winked at his son and said to the new royal couple. “Remember to let us have a chubby grandchild soon!”


Before Sung Im could mouth her protest, the royal couple had already gone with Fairy Lizzy in a flash.


“But… Wait! We have to think of a solution! Jong Kook possesses my power! This means that he would have half of the demon power as well!” Sung Im shouted to the clear blue sky but sadly, no one answered her.


“Well, Cheon Sung Im, I guess it would be fine.” Song Joong Ki answered her query. “Since the Demon King is eliminated, the universe will be slightly off-balance. Yes, I know that evil should be eliminated but without them, it would not be balance. Do you know the ‘yin-and-yang’ theory? Anyway, it would be good if both of you possess power from the demon reign in order to maintain stability of the universe.”


“See? Even the wisest kingdom’s adviser says so!” Jong Kook smiled arrogantly, glad to have support from Joong Ki.


“Kim Jong Kook!” Sung Im yelled.


“Ouch! My hair! My hair! Ya! Sung Im ya! You wouldn’t want a bald husband, right?” Jong Kook yelled frantically in pain when his precious hair was in the demon clutch – ahem (author’s mistake) – Sung Im’s hand.


“No worries, I’ll buy you a wig!” Sung Im grinned devilishly and the crowd had difficulty holding their laughter.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there, everyone!
Thank you for reading, subscribing and upvoting! ^_^

I'm so sorry for the long wait as I was too absorbed in watching Ji Hyo's drama - Mandate of Heaven... And hence, I couldn't find time to update *bow*

Finally, I've managed to swerve the story to a lighter tone!
So please look forward to hilarious and cutie moments from now on...

Wonder how many chapters left for me to write... >__<

Anyway, as usual, please leave some footprints behind! Your comments are my motivation! Thank you! ^_^