~ Chapter Twenty-Two ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

 

The Demon King grunted in pain and kneeled down clutching his bleeding chest. He had underestimated the little girl and was so humiliated to die in the hands of her. The Demon King truly regretted in disclosing his weak spots.


He stared wide-eyed at Sung Im with vengeance and reluctance. Just then, something clicked in his mind. The Demon King finally knew of Sung Im’s ultimate motive. But before he could say anything, Sung Im had already plunged the sword deeper, successfully in eliminating the Demon King and seized the power and authority from him.


Due to the transfer of strength from the late Demon King, Sung Im’s wounds healed quickly on its own and were soon recovered. The demon troops kneeled and bowed to their new leader with respect even though she was a female.


Sung Im gave a wave, signalling the troops to return to the demon reign while she cleared off the loose ends.


Triumphantly, Sung Im walked round the stage, proudly showing off that she had succeeded the throne. The crowd was now afraid of her as Sung Im possessed much more abilities than the late Demon King. They knew it would be time for her to seize the entire universe as no one would be her match and the Royal King had yet to retrieve his power.


Sung Im strolled leisurely towards the newly-ascended Royal King akin to a predator closing on to its prey. Within seconds, she was standing in front of Jong Kook. The couple stared at each other with different expressions.


Out of the blue, Sung Im shot a question. “Kim Jong Kook, do you love me?”


“Yes, I love you... No matter in the past where I was just a small kid or previously as a famous singer in the alternate universe or even now as a newly appointed Royal King. I have only loved two girls in my short life – Cheon Sung Im and Song Ji Hyo…” Unafraid of her intimidating aura, Jong Kook answered while gazing lovingly into her eyes.


Sung Im giggled softly like a little girl. “I do love you too, Jong Kook… And that is why I have to do this. Would you blame me? Are you willing to give me what I want?”


Suk Jin and Jae Suk could slightly guess Ji Hyo’s next step and they could not bear to watch further. Tears rolled down their faces as they waited for the inevitable to happen. Dong Hoon, Gary, Kwang Soo and Joong Ki who were watching the duo could not figure out why they were crying. They wondered whether the two men were of any close relationship with their Royal Prince.


All of them knew Jong Kook was in danger, being alone on the stage with Sung Im who seemed determined in seizing the throne. Those elders with high power did not render their assistance for fear of risking their life. Only the three buddies and the kingdom’s adviser went on stage to protect their new Royal King. They knew their strength was limited but they willingly chose to die in honour.


Sung Im arched her eyebrows at the weak human shield and grinned smugly. In just one plain move, she had those meddlesome people swept off the stage. Sung Im then created an invisible barrier around the stage, securing Jong Kook in her cage and preventing others from intruding.


“A-Are you ready, Jong Kook ah…?” Jong Kook was surprised at the unexpected soft and shaky voice of Sung Im. It was as if she couldn’t bear to carry out her next step.


Though puzzled of her sudden change, Jong Kook hesitantly nodded for her to proceed. He did not close his eyes as he greedily wanted to drink in more of her beauty. It was odd. It was indeed odd for Jong Kook to feel loved and secured even though he was at the receiver end of the danger. But somehow Jong Kook stubbornly placed his trust in Sung Im and believed she would never harm him.


Sung Im placed both her palms on either side of Jong Kook’s face and leaned in to kiss him softly on his lips. A tear escaped from her eye as she spoke. “Forgive me… Forgive my way of loving you…”


Totally bewildered at her action and unable to rescue the Royal King, the crowd could only helplessly watched as Sung Im placing her right palm on Jong Kook’s forehead and mouthed a spell.


Slowly, some pinkish gas escaped from Jong Kook’s head and was crystallising on Sung Im’s outstretched palm. No one could identify the beautiful item until one of the elders shouted out.


“Damn! This is strange! What the heck are you doing, Cheon Sung Im? Why are you removing memories of you and the Royal King from his mind?”


Upon hearing the outburst of the elder, Jong Kook stared questioningly at Sung Im and started to struggle. However, Sung Im tightened her control over him and sped up the process of removing the selected memories.


“Mr Park, what makes you think that Sung Im is removing their memories?” Joong Ki curiously inquired the elder.


“Sigh… Pink represents romance and we all know that Sung Im was involved in a relationship with our Royal King whether in this universe or alternate universe. The spell she casted is one of the most difficult spells which is very rarely used.”


Now, all the citizens of the universe were perplexed at Sung Im’s intention except Suk Jin and Jae Suk. The three buddies switched their attention to the two middle-aged men again as it seemed that they knew of Sung Im’s purpose.


“Hi---” Kwang Soo’s greeting was halted by Suk Jin who merely whispered a ‘shh…’ and pointed towards the couple on stage. The process had completed with Jong Kook sliding down to the ground and a heap of pink crystals formed in Sung Im’s palm.


The invisible barrier was temporary removed. Suk Jin and Jae Suk dashed onto the stage and hugged the motionless Sung Im.


“Are you certain that this is what you want, Sung Im ah…?” Suk Jin sobbed and hugged his daughter tightly.


Sung Im was too devastated to reply. She merely nodded in her fathers’ embrace. Slowly, she withdrew from their embrace and crushed the pink crystals to powder. Coincidentally, a gush of wind blew and the powder was blown away.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! ^_^
Here comes another update. Eh... Well, hope the little twist is not too much for you guys to handle as there are still more to come.

Haha, guess I love taunting my readers too much. Initially, Jong Kook was in danger then next was Sung Im who was stabbed. Whew, nothing too serious happen. So, relax...

As usual, do leave down your comment or guess! Karma points are practically on sale! Haha!

Thanks for reading & I'll see you soon! ^_^