~ Chapter Twenty-One ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

 

Sung Im seemed determined in executing the Royal Prince in front of the entire universe as she mercilessly drove the sword towards Jong Kook. Though his heart ached from the unbelievable speech of Sung Im; Jong Kook’s quick reflex saved himself from being nailed.


Sung Im was about to deliver a blow to Jong Kook when she abruptly halted her action. She strained her ears and frowned. Clearly, Sung Im was unhappy with the sudden intrusion. Taking a short moment to think, Sung Im decided to change her target.


The Demon King appeared on the stage out of nowhere and shocked the crowd. “Well, well, well… It seems that our Sung Im has decided in marking me as the number one enemy. Shouldn’t we cooperate and eliminate the Royal Prince first?”


“Hahaha!” Sung Im laughed. “For all I know now, Kim Jong Kook has no memories of himself being the Royal Prince. And as a bonus, he is defenceless as all his powers are being locked. Why would I ever need your help in eliminating him? Don’t take me as an idiot, Demon King. Though I may be just a little seemed-to-be harmless girl, I know that by killing you, all of your power and strength would be transferred to me and I will be able to lead the demon reign!”


“Hahaha…! Alright then, let’s have a contest!” The Demon King laughed at the overly-confident girl. Using her power, Ji Hyo swept everyone from the stage, clearing the area for the sparring to take place.


“And oh, since it’s not my style to spar with a vulnerable girl, as a tiny bonus, I’ll tell you my weak points then. If you ever managed to drive your sword into my head, spine and heart consecutively, I’ll officially be dead!” The Demon King smirked and kindly provided the information.


“Hmm…? Has the Demon King gone nuts? Providing essential information about himself to his opponent?” Kwang Soo mumbled, making Suk Jin and Jae Suk worried for their lovely gal. They knew the Demon King would not be that easily defeated and leaking of such important information was nothing good.


Nonetheless, the match began. Surprisingly, Sung Im was equally capable as the Demon King. Jong Kook smiled at the small, agile girl who managed to dodge every blow from the furious Demon King.


Knowing that he could not interfere in the battle and fully trusted Ji Hyo’s capability in attacking the Demon King, Jong Kook used the time to think and analysed the whole situation. He came up with only one conclusion – Ji Hyo was obviously baffling.


Having stayed in her house for six months, Ji Hyo would have plenty of time to act. And he being not cautious of her would have been killed in anytime and anywhere. He knew Ji Hyo was protecting him in her own unique way again. And though Ji Hyo had swept all of them down the stage, it was just a soft blow which made them landed safely on ground.


Suk Jin and Jae Suk caught sight of Jong Kook’s smile and both knew that the young man chose to trust in Ji Hyo. They patted understandingly on Jong Kook’s arm and continued to watch the match intently.


It wasn’t long before Sung Im managed to drive her sword from the top, directly into the skull of the Demon King. Though the crowd was not pleased to witness the match, they still cheered for the tiny victory.


However, the Demon King merely grunted in dissatisfaction with no harm caused. On the other hand, Sung Im collapsed to the ground, holding her head in pain.


The crowd was shocked at the scene. The sword had obviously pierced through the Demon King’s head but why wasn’t he injured? Instead, Sung Im was hurt by the action!


“Hahahahaha!” The Demon King roared his laughter, feeling extremely satisfactory. “Cheon Sung Im, you are so naive! Do you think I will let you kill me that easily? You must remember to listen to full details. I’m not a fool to disclose my method of death! Oh yes, the three strikes to my fatal body parts are sufficient to kill me but… Hahaha! You would need to suffer the pain on my behalf! No, no, no, you don’t have to worry… You will not die from it. You will just feel as if the sword was embedded in your crucial body parts. So… Are you able to withstand the tremendous pain to the skull and spine first before delivering your final blow to my heart?”


“Oh god, so that is why no one is able to snatch the throne from the Demon King for decades!” Joong Ki, the kingdom’s adviser finally learned of the knowledge.


Suk Jin and Jae Suk felt their hearts wrenched in pain as they saw how their daughter suffered. “Ji Hyo ah… Sung Im ya… No matter what your mission is, would you please stop now?” Suk Jin walked towards the stage and stretched his hands towards the painfully wriggling girl.


Sung Im did not reply. Instead, she merely glanced towards her always supportive fathers, hoping that her message was sent clearly across. Suk Jin understood her message and had no choice but to slowly step back.


“Sung Im ah…” Jae Suk placed his arm around his hyung and said to her. “Rest assured that your appas are always on your side, forever supporting you. I-If this is what you want, if this is your mission to be completed, we would just stand aside and watch you walk towards your goal even though it pains us a lot… But always remember that we love you and you will still be our only lovely and filial daughter!”


A tear escaped from Sung Im’s reddened eyes. The touching speech of Jae Suk, the never-ending support and love showered upon Sung Im from the two non-blood related men had also moved the crowd. It was the first time the citizens of the universe saw Sung Im shedding a tear. No matter how painful her injuries were or how many blows she had received, Sung Im had never showed her weak side and had never cried. Catching the underlying phrase of Jae Suk’s speech, the citizens knew that Sung Im had been a good girl to her two adoptive fathers. And that was why they were baffled on why Sung Im insisted on defeating the Demon King. Why was there a need to seize the throne and led the demon reign.


Feeling the warm love and support from her fathers, Sung Im found the renewed strength to stand up. She staggered a little bit but that did not stop her from raising her sword and challenged the Demon King.


No one would know how much Jong Kook wanted to dash on stage to help his beloved girl. But Jong Kook knew he was powerless to assist in the battle. And hence he tried to seek help from the four young men who had been studying him closely from the time he was standing in front of them.


“Do you guys know me?” Jong Kook inquired directly.


“Your Highness, I’m Song Joong Ki, the kingdom’s adviser and these are Ha Dong Hoon, Kang Gary and Lee Kwangsoo who were your best friends and are now assisting by leading the universe on your behalf till you are back to claim your throne.” Joong Ki bowed courteously to the rightful successor.


“O-oh, is it? I’m sorry.” Jong Kook apologised and bowed politely, feeling apologetic for not remembering his three buddies. “Seriously, I have no memories of that. Can anyone help me in retrieving my memories and unlock the powers that I supposedly to have?”


The four young men looked at each other and shook their heads sadly. They too, had no idea.


While the five young men were discussing, the battle had already resumed on stage. Ignoring the throbbing ache from her head, Sung Im charged skilfully towards the Demon King. Sung Im combined the powers inherited from her pure blood mother and her father of demon origin to create a higher strength almost comparable to the Demon King. And by using the martial arts learned from the alternate universe, Sung Im appeared to have an upper hand in the match.


Sung Im delivered hard and fast blows to the Demon King continually, causing the latter to dodge here and there, unable to retaliate. Utilising the opportunity, Sung Im rapidly jumped behind Demon King’s back and drove the sword precisely into his spine.


And as expected, no harm was caused to the Demon King while Sung Im yelped in pain and dropped to the ground. The second blow was even harder than the first as it seemed to paralyse her.


“Ji Hyo!!!” Suk Jin, Jae Suk and Jong Kook shouted out at the same time. Tears rolled down their face when they saw the unmoving girl.


The crowd was shocked and heart-rending at the tattered girl. Even though Sung Im fought for the sake of being the leader of the demon reign, her competent effort towards her goal was not gone unseen.


“Hahahahahaha…! Do you admit defeat, Cheon Sung Im?” The Demon King sneered and stomped his right foot hard onto Sung Im’s shoulder blade, making the poor girl cried in pain.


Watching the Demon King brutalising his precious girl, Jong Kook got highly agitated and in turn triggered something important. Flashes of his past, his memories with his small girlfriend, his memories with his parents and his memories with his group of buddies were all returned at once.


As if the heaven had already predicted the changes within Jong Kook, Fairy Lizzy was quickly sent down to earth to pass him the throne. Within seconds, Jong Kook was instantly crowned as the Royal King of the universe.


But to his dismay, he remained powerless.


Seeing the throne was handled to Jong Kook before his eyes, the Demon King roared in frustration and dashed towards the newly appointed Royal King with his sword aiming at his heart.


The sword was quickly embedded in flesh but it wasn’t Jong Kook’s.


Blood dripped from Sung Im’s shoulder blade where the sword was embedded in. Fortunately for her, she was slightly shorter than Jong Kook and hence the sword was not driven straight into her heart.


The crowd gasped audibly at the unbelievable fast girl who had managed to stand up despite the immense pain from both her head and spine. Her action was so quick that she was just in time to save the Royal Prince by using her body to block the attack.


The Demon King did not expect the present situation and was stunned rooted to the spot. Seizing the hard to come by opportunity, Sung Im raised her sword and plunged it into the heart of the Demon King.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope no one will chase after me with a chopper! >__<

Mianhae... Sorry for so much twists! There will be a few more in the next few, though I've yet to type it out, I've already have the storyline planned... And one thing I'm sure that no one would like it... >__<

Here's a long chapter! Wow, it's so long that I was tempted to divide into two chapters... But thought I was too bad in doing so...

Thanks for leaving such lovely comments for me, it was a pleasure to write on aff. Initially, I thought the response was bad and I wanted to abandon this story. But after getting so much support and encouragement from all my lovely readers (yes, it includes you, the silent reader group), I've more confidence in continuing!

As usual, do continue or start to comment... Try to guess the storyline as I'm giving away karma points! ^_^