~ Chapter Three ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

Only minutes had passed after the closure of the porthole and the kingdom was immediately attacked by the Demon King’s army. The once clear blue sky was suddenly taken over by reddish-purple thunder clouds, enveloping the universe in an unwanted tense atmosphere.


“Hahahaha! Do not be mistaken. I’m not here for the revenge for Cheon Sung Im though I would have thanked her for eliminating the Royal Prince for me! She has saved me the trouble!” Deep rumble of the Demon King’s voice could be heard throughout the universe.


The Demon King moved fast like lightning; in split of milliseconds, he already had the Royal Queen killed and the bloodied sword aiming at the heart of the Royal King.


“Would you like to say your last word, my Royal King?” The Demon King sneered triumphantly while stabbing the sharp blade inch by inch into the Royal King’s left chest.


“I would leave my best last words to the beautiful fairy.” The Royal King smirked before plunging himself straight at the sword. The crowd erupted into mournful moans for the consecutive losses of the Royal Prince, Queen and the King.


“Hahahaha!” The Demon King erupted into satisfied laughter before addressing the crowd. “Whatever folks, whether you like it or not, I’ll be ruling the universe from now on!” The crowd entered panic mode but none had the courage to retaliate the Demon King.


“Erm… Sorry, the great Demon King, but I’ve yet to read out the will left by the late Royal King and Queen.” One beautiful lady ascended from the red sky. She landed graciously on the platform and took out a white feathery book from nowhere.


“Oh, hi there, everyone, I’m Fairy Lizzy!” She began by waving enthusiastically to the crowd but the people were too stunned by her cheerful action and never responded to her. Shrugging her shoulders and ignoring the lack of response, Fairy Lizzy resumed with her task. She flipped over the book and began to read out.


“To my beloved people, I plead you to believe our decision. I shall now appoint Ha Dong Hoon, Kang Gary and Lee Kwang Soo to temporarily lead the universe with the assistance from the kingdom’s wisest advisor, Song Joong Ki. My rightful heir will be back to claim his throne ten years later. If he does not appear by then, I would then declare the Demon King taking over the universe.
From your faithful King and Queen”


“Alright, that’s the will left by the late King and Queen and I demand all people to abide by it.” Fairy Lizzy said in such commanding tone that no one had the guts to defy the order.


Below the stage, eyes of three young kids were wide opened. Their mouths hanging ungraciously opened too as they were unable to believe that they had to lead the universe at such young age. How could the almighty kingdom be led by two nine years old and one five years old kids? The citizens also doubted their abilities in doing so but they dared not defy the Royal Order and had to accept it. In addition, they were dumbfounded by the fact that the Royal Family had another heir.


“Hahahaha!” Unexpectedly, the Demon King laughed heartily. “Is this the only way to postpone the inevitable from coming, you old man? Alright then, I shall claim the throne ten years later. I wouldn’t mind waiting for another few years!” With that, he disappeared into the thin air together with his army. The clear blue skies again returned; the sun shining brightly, signalling the start of a new chapter for the universe.

---

“Hey there, little girl, what’s your name? Where’s your daddy and mummy? Why are you out in the street late at night? How did you get all those bruises?” Detective Ji were trying to coo answers from the unresponsive girl while attending to her injuries.


The young girl was found by an old street vendor by the dark alley when he was dodging from the debtors. He was shocked to see the girl covered in injuries, panicked, he quickly sent the girl to the nearby police station.


“Aish… Hyung, you wouldn’t be able to get any answer from the frightened girl. She seemed to be in a daze; most probably she had encountered a great shock and had lost her memory. Anyway, you shot a string of questions, how do you expect her to answer?” Detective Yoo shook his head and walked into the room, holding a cup of hot chocolate for the little girl who timidly nodded gratefully at the officer.


“So what do you suggest, Jae Suk ah?” Suk Jin emitted a defeated sigh and rubbed his forehead in frustration.


“Well, what we can do now is to announce a missing girl found and wait for her family to pick her up.” Jae Suk handed another cup of the hot coffee to his partner.


“Alright… We shall do accordingly to your suggestion but first we should give a nice hot bath for the little one and dressed her up.” Suk Jin agreed with his junior partner and carried the little girl to a female officer for her to take good care of.


However, days passed and yet no one came to claim back the lost child. The two men began to panic. They were afraid that should one week passed and no one came to collect the child before the deadline, the girl would be deemed as orphaned and be sent to the orphanage. This was the least they wished to see as both liked the quiet girl.


Finally, one week had passed and the paperwork needed to be done. But Suk Jin and Jae Suk were sad to part with the girl. Hence, the two single grown men made a big decision – they decided to adopt the girl.


“Jae Suk ah, we need to fill in the particular form for the girl but how shall we name her?” Suk Jin tapped the pen rhythmically on the desk, trying hard to rack his brain for a suitable name. “Should her surname start with ‘Ji’ or ‘Yoo’?”


“Well, it wouldn’t be fair for both of us if we to use either surname for her.” Jae Suk replied, tapping his right foot on the floor and glanced around the room to seek ideas.


Seeing the girl nodding her head along with the music, Jae Suk asked her a question. “Little girl, what do you like?”


The girl raised her head to look at the two kind-hearted fatherly-like men who were only in their twenties. “I like listening to songs.” It was the first time that Suk Jin and Jae Suk heard her spoke and they were delighted to know that there was nothing wrong with her voice cord.


Suk Jin squealed happily like a girl at the sweet and lovely voice. “Well, your surname would be ‘Song’ then!”


“What about the name, hyung?” Jae Suk queried. “Why not we use a combination of our names?”


“Hmm… You mean ‘Ji Yoo’?” Suk Jin suggested.


“Hyung! What about ‘Ji Hyo’? It definitely sounds better than ‘Ji Yoo’!” Jae Suk merrily popped out with another great idea.


“Alright, settle then!” Suk Jin happily pumped his fist in the air. “Welcome home, Song Ji Hyo!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

*peek*
Hi there! Thank you for reading my spartace story! ^_^
I'll try to update once every day!
As always, do leave down your comments (or criticism) or maybe even guesses at the storyline... Who knows maybe you will hit the jackpot! ^_~

I'm sorry that there isn't any spartace moments yet... But there will be the Suk Brothers and Ji Hyo moments which is one of my favourite combi in RM.. Hope readers will enjoy reading! ^_^