Wrapping Paper

The Mobster

Jiyong goes to the tiny tree in his shared apartment and grabs the only box that has his name on it. Of course he knows who gave him the gift so the younger is not wondering what is going to be given to him. 

"Open it Jiyong ah" says Granny Kwon watching her grandson eye the pretty paper. 

"I don't want to ruin the nice wrapping. It's too nice." says Jiyong looking up at his granny with a smile. He then of course carefully undoes the wrapping paper so that it doesn't tear. They like to reuse the paper if a holiday or birthday comes by. 

The younger then gets to the tissue paper and slowly unravels it to reveal a sweater. He always gets a sweater every year with something printed on it that you would only want to wear in your house. Because Jiyong loves his granny so much he doesn't care about the print of a huge reindeer and puts the sweater on. "Perfect fit." says the younger with a smile. Granny Kwon then smiles. "You look fantastic." 

"Oh I know I do. You picked it out." 

"Aigo my sweet boy." says the older. She then holds up her gift and rattles it a bit. "I wonder what you got me this year?" 

Jiyong is actually excited for this gift. He was able to get her a nice bracelet from the market with out her knowing. It's hard to keep secrets from the old lady. She opens the gift. "Oh it's lovely." It's a simple loop bracelet...fake gold but it is pretty for now. The sales person said that the gold won't tarnish.

"I'm glad that you like it." Jiyong then sits next to his granny. "Did you want to do something special today?" 

"Well I was just going to rest. Are you going to do something?" 

Jiyong shakes his head. "I think that I will rest too." Since it's Christmas day they are opening the noodle shop later in the day. The two wanted to rest a bit since it's a holiday. Not all of Korea celebrates the western tradition so they decided to open later to accommodate the late holiday drunks. 

The younger turns on the TV and rest into the sofa. He hasn't had much sleep the past couple of days due to it being so cold in the apartment. They have a heater but the place is so old the bedrooms tend to stay cold. 

////////////////////Seunghyun's////////////////////

"I TOLD YOU PRICKS THAT I WOULD GIVE BACK YOUR COMPANY. YOU SENT THOSE GOONS!!" Screams Seunghyun at Samsung's president and CEO. "I didn't know..." 

"Bull. Now...what are you going to do for me...since you already tried to kill me like a dumb ." The older sits back in his chair and watches the nervous man in front of him. "I don't have all day...." 

"What do you want?" 

"I want to be a shareholder. Give me stock in the company and a seat on the board. After you pay me back I will sit quietly as you run your company again." 

"And let you just up the hard earned money that I worked for...never." 

"Or you could just crumble. I could take back that loan...I give your company three days before they declare bankruptcy...then I will buy your company out...I think a name change would be in order too." 

The CEO furrows his brows. "Fine...I will give you stock...but not a chair on the board.." 

"I didn't give you a choice. Chair on the board and stock. Deal or no deal." 

The man huffs as he switches his legs. "Fine..." The man then stands and his body guard follows him out of the room with his pride lingering. Seunghyun then smiles over at Bae. Prepare the contract and fax it to them. "Ne boss" 

This is Christmas for Seunghyun. No presents under a tree. Nothing but business deals year round and people always wanting money for something. The man never complains on those days he wishes that he could just have the day off but he can't...this is a one man show. 

Who was really suppose to run this company was Dongwook. The man from birth as the first son was trained to run a company. Since Seunghyun was the youngest and not as focused Papa Choi didn't really breed  the man to take over the company. It was Dongwook who got the attention and Dongwook who knew the answer to any situation. 

The man was so driven but that drive turned into a crash once their mother suddenly passed away. To this day Dongwook blames his father for the sudden death even though she really died of natural causes. Dongwook was very close to his mother and so was Seunghyun. She was the normality that they both seeked out side of their crooked world. 

Seunghyun sometimes sees that innocent soul in Jiyong. How he is so...normal. He gets up and does a job that he loves and pays bills and has to change light bulbs and cooks noodles. The man is so normal his poverty is almost something of envy even though it's crazy to say. The man who has everything desires every thing that he doesn't have. 

He may be envious but he doesn't walk away from that reality that is still there. There is a business and it's too deep into crooked to just stop and be normal. Many people have been killed and may people have dealt with crooked money leading to more crooked things. 

/////////////////////////4pm Seunghyun's Office/////////////////

Work is still going and so is the snow as it starts to pile on the man's window. There are kids running up and down the streets outside his window with child laughter and the sound of snow hitting random things. 

The older flips through a proposal for China to only get it put down on his desk again. "Aish." The man pulls out a pen and starts to cross out what he will not do for their demands. China wishes to get a loan but doesn't want to give up anything. They wish to ship goods into Korea but it's at a price and the connection in the ship yard doesn't take chump change. 

Seunghyun then dials a number. "You think that I will  sign this...forget it." says the man in mandarin. "I thought that we decided on shipping at 2mil...64 equity." 

"We wish to not give up that much...you would have too much..." 

"Do you want to do this or not..." 

"Please come back and discuss with us..." 

"I'm not playing with you ers...stop wasting my time..." growls the man. "No deal." The phone hangs up and Seunghyun then bangs his hand on the table. As much as he wanted to just be done with these people...he kinda needs them. China is a gateway to many opportunities. He calls them back. "62"

"58" 

" you" 

"No deal" 

"Wait...I will come back to Hong Kong. I don't want to mess up our relationship." 

The person on the other line chuckles. "I knew you would call back...see you soon Seunghyun" 

Seunghyun bawls his fist. He hates that those men think that they have the control but really they don't. Seunghyun has to go back and discuss the contract again. He will not give them more equity...he will invest what is best for his company. 

Seungri comes into the room with a bowl of icecream. "Hyung...it's Christmas..." 

"And..." says the older putting away another file. "I thought I told you not to eat in here..." 

"Oh...I forgot..." says the younger putting another spoon full of food in his mouth. Seunghyun sighs and stands from his desk. "I'm going to rest....please don't eat all my food." 

"You don't eat any of it...I'm just helping hyung out...." Seungri then follows his hyung out of the office. "Have a good rest hyung..." 

Seunghyun waves his hand and goes into his room with a click of the lock. The man has been awake since six AM dealing with people. 

///////////////////////11pm///////////////////

Jiyong is closing up shop since it's Christmas. There has been a steady flow of customers but due to the holiday it has been slow. Granny and Jiyong decided to call it a night since they were wasting product. 

"I will do the rest." says Jiyong with a smile. The woman goes up stairs and Jiyong starts to mop the floors. The room is cold due to the draft and the younger is too lazy to put on another jacket. When he is normally taking orders the room is not too bad...but since he is not moving as much...he is freezing. 

"Put on a coat..." 

"I will put one on when I..."Jiyong looks back at a smirking Seunghyun. "When did you get here." 

The man sits at a random seat. "Just now." 

"We are closed." 

"I don't want noodles. I came to see you" 

Jiyong rolls his eyes. "I'm not even going to ask why." 

Seunghyun then stands to walk over to the younger. "You almost done moping?" 

The younger looks around the room.. "I just started..." 

"Well...when you are finished meet me outside." 

"Huh?...for what?" says the coffee eyes looking at the taller man. Seunghyun then averts his eyes. "Just come outside when you are done." The older leaves the room and then goes outside leaving Jiyong confused. He has no idea what the man is use to but he takes his time and finishes mopping. 

He closes up the rest of the shop and steps outside to see the green car parked in front of the Noodle Shop. Seunghyun gets out of the car and comes around to open the passenger door. "Get in" 

Jiyong looks the door over. "For what..." 

Seunghyun then comes over to the younger grabbing his wrist. "Get in." 

Jiyong huffs and does as told. He gets into the car for the first time not being thrown in. The older gets in on his side and closes the door. "Where are we going?" 

"Just enjoy the ride." 

Jiyong clicks his tongue. "So I guess you are not going to kill me." 

The older laughs. "If I was going to kill you I would have seconds ago." The car takes off of course too fast and reckless as the man speeds through the streets. The car ride is not long but Jiyong notices that they are approaching downtown Seoul. "Where are you taking me." 

The older ignores the man. Of course with Seoul like NYC the place never sleeps with people hanging around the streets with loved ones still shopping for gifts and looking at displays. The car suddenly stops and Jiyong notices the car being parked. They are in Hongdae on a random street. 

Seunghyun then turns to the younger. "We are here." 

Jiyong gets out of the car and shivers due to his lack of a proper coat and gloves. Suddenly a coat is put over his shoulders. "Aish...can't you afford a coat and gloves." The older then pulls gloves out of his pocket to give to the younger. Jiyong looks at the man now coatless. "What about you?" 

"I will buy one if I see something of quality." The older then smiles."Follow me." 

Jiyong follows the man down the streets of Hongdae and the place is semi crowded. It's refreshing to see people who are not drunk but happy and sober as people trail in and out of shops and cafes. The two end up at a Cafe called Harmony. Most cafes in Hongdae have themes so this one is just like the name. There is a dark wood theme and there are music notes gracing the walls with composers names written in fancy writing. Still the place is really calm like a regular cafe. 

Seunghyun then leads them to a random booth. Jiyong takes a seat and continues to look at the surroundings. "Why are we here." 

The older then smiles. "Because I missed you" 

Jiyong then rolls his eyes and rest into the booth chair. He then looks at the menu of the music themed drinks. "Have whatever you like" says Seunghyun looking at the man gracing his eyes over the menu. Jiyong then looks up. "Why did you bring me here really?" 

"Because we are on a date." 

Jiyong's eyes widen..."Da...date...eh?" 

"I told you liked you right. We kissed...why not go on dates.." 

"I have a girlfriend...." 

"That you have been trying to break up with for weeks....what ever Jiyong..." says the older looking over the menu. "Why don't you try the Latte.. It's really good there." 

Jiyong bawls his fist in the slightly larger gloves. "Aish...this is a date...I didn't say I wanted to date you." 

"You got in the car...that is saying yes...why would you get in a car with me and travel all the way here if you didn't want to spend time with me..." says the older with a smirk. Jiyong just grits his teeth in silence. The younger then starts to scoot out of the booth making the older react. "Yah...don't leave." 

Jiyong continues to scoot to then stand. "Here is your coat and gloves..thanks for the ride." Jiyong then starts to leave the place but the older stops him by turning the man around. The dark eyes look into his softly. "Don't go...we don't have to call this a date...just be with me today...It's Christmas after all" says the older with a smile staring into the coffee eyes. "You will stay...ne?" 

Jiyong looks into the puppy eyes and suddenly feels guilty. "Fine...fine..." The younger then turns to go back to the booth with the older smiling behind him. 

"What can I get you?" says the waitress. 

"I will have a black coffee and what you want Jiyongie" 

Jiyong then blushes at his name being called affectionately. "Latte...the Melody." 

"Excellent choice...be back soon with your orders." Jiyong smiles and then it drops as soon as the waitress leaves. "Yah why did you call me that in front of her!?" says the man about to leap over the table and punch the older. 

"Letting her know that you are not available." says the older with a smirk. "She has been checking you out." 

"You don't own me your bas...aish...let's just drink coffee and leave..ne?" 

Seunghyun smiles. "How was your day?" 

"Huh?" 

"How was your day...I'm making conversation." 

Jiyong crosses his arms. "You are weird." 

"Conversation makes time go by fast." 

Jiyong then rolls his eyes. "My day was fine." 

"Did you get gifts?" 

"Ne...this sweater.." 

"I can tell" 

"Yah..." says Jiyong with a sigh. "What you get..." 

"Nothing." says the older smiling as he receives his drink. He takes a sip of his coffee. "I don't celebrate Christmas." 

"Oh...are you Buddhist?" 

"Nope..just stopped." 

"Well that's depressing...why you stop?"

The older then smiles. "Why did you open the shop today." The man avoids the question about his personal life...because he is just not use to answering those questions. Jiyong doesn't want to pry...so he decides to keep the conversation Seunghyun's way. "Because people drink and they want noodles year round..." 

"What did your girlfriend give you?" 

"Why do you care?" Jiyong did receive something from Yoobin. It was another sweater from the market and it was decent. "A sweater..." 

"Aaah I see. So what you get her?" 

Jiyong takes a sip of his coffee. "How come you drive that flashy car?" 

They both of them are dodging questions and it makes the older chuckle taking another sip of the warm liquid. "Why not? It drives great and people move when they see it coming." 

"I bet it's terrible on gas." 

"When you have a Lambo you don't worry about gas." 

Jiyong rolls his eyes again. The man just indirectly bragged about his wealth. "What ever." 

"Do you drive?" 

"Nope...I don't even have a lisence." 

"Why not?" 

"I don't plan on driving...." says Jiyong taking another sip of his Latte to then gulp down the rest. "I'm done...can we leave now?" 

"I don't celebrate Christmas normally because my Mother was the one who normally celebrated it. She was the one that made us all stop work and not think about life...we almost felt normal." 

Jiyong has no idea why the man suddenly talked about his mother but the way that he spoke of her...he can hear that she is no longer apart of his life. "Why did she stop?" 

"Because she passed away back in 2008. Without her...it was never the same. We tried...but it's not the same without her..." The older takes another sip of coffee and Jiyong can tell that it's not easy to talk about his mother. "She sounds like a nice lady." 

"She was...sweet and gentle...kinda like you..." 

"Like me?" says Jiyong pointing at himself.

"Ne...because you are normal." 

"Normal..." 

"Ne. You always ask why I come by...it's because of you." 

"But I'm not normal..." 

"Ne...you are...your Christmas sweater shows that you are loved...I carry a gun...make crooked deals and kill.." 

"I'm sure you are loved." 

The older chuckles and shakes his head. "I can't love...I can't even really date you but I want to..." 

"Can't love?" 

The older chuckles and stands from the table. "Jiyong shi. My world is nothing that anyone wants to step in." Seunghyun then puts some cash on the table. "I'm sure you are ready to go." 

The coffee so called date ends on a rather interesting note. Jiyong was ready to go earlier but then he didn't....and now it seems that Seunghyun is ready to leave himself...which is rather odd. 

Jiyong follows the man into the cold still wearing his jacket and gloves. "Are you not cold?" 

Seunghyun then turns around with a smile. "I'm fine...been through worse." 

"What is so bad about your world?" 

The older then turns around. "Ne?" 

"Why is it so hard to love in your world...I see on mob shows that the wives live just fine." 

The older chuckles. "It's not that easy...I can't trust anyone...letting my workers see who I date or marry could either be a good or a bad thing. People everyday are trying to find a way to get on top. They don't care what they have to do. Most are cowards and they go after their boss's loved ones....I can't risk that...and thanks to our talk...I changed my mind about dating you." 

Jiyong didn't think that he would be disappointed...but he is. "Why..." 

"I just told you. Because it would never work...Why?" says the older getting closer. "Did you change your mind too?" 

Jiyong looks into the older man's eyes. "I don't know..I don't know about any of this...I can't sleep because of you you bastard..." 

The older chuckles. "I have that affect on people." 

"Aish..." 

"Just playing...but sorry Jiyong shi...we could never be. I guess this date is a way of saying goodbye..." The man smiles but you can tell that he is sad. 

" that." says Jiyong in a mutter as he pulls the man in a passionate kiss. It throws Seunghyun off guard because he didn't think that Jiyong had such moves in him. The younger attacks the thinner lips and continues to kiss the man like crazy. He doesn't want to let him go as he clasp the older's arms. 

Larger hands wrap around the smaller man as they makeout in the cold air. Jiyong presses his body more into the older like it's natural allowing his hands to slip around the taller man. Jiyong is not that much shorter than the man but kissing him he really has to lean up forcing his body to press more and more into the man. Lips move fluidly over each other until they run out of breath. 

Jiyong is the first to release the kiss as cold air escapes his mouth. Seunghyun is out of breath but continues to look into the younger eyes. "Where did that come from?" 

Jiyong smiles. "I like you pabo" 

****Thanks for reading this update. This chapter was in my mind and I had to write. I will gradually update the rest of my stories. The holidays are busy busy. Please UPVOTE AND SUB! LATERS!!