Story

The Mobster

Jiyong rushes into his bedroom and closes the door behind him. He didn't want his granny seeing his face at the moment because it is in pure shock. 

Did he really just see what he thought he saw? Seunghyun from Jiyong's point of view was definitely with another woman and they looked really comfortable around each other. 

Jiyong only saw a couple of seconds...but it was enough to scare the out of him. He doesn't know what to think. He's not sure how he missed this...Seunghyun was never with a man before him. He figured the man would maybe be tempted every now and then but he would never think to this extreme and in broad day light. 

The man lays on his bed and watches how his phone buzzes for the millionth time. Of course it's Seunghyun and he knows that word travels fast because his workers are very loyal. The phone stops buzzing and then goes to voicemail. Jiyong is just not ready to talk to him but he at least opens the app to listen to his voicemail...

"You have 26 recorded messages. New message....Jiyong...please...just answer the phone....let me explain...baby...." The call hangs up and Jiyong puts the phone back on the dresser with a huff. He has been around people have cheated before and Seunghyun on message 26 didn't sound like the good guy. Jiyong gets up from his bed when he hears a knock at the door. He knows it's his granny because her knocks are always light...maybe she's afraid she will walk in on something. 

Jiyong opens the door. "Sorry...I just needed some time." 

The woman looks at her grandson's eyes. "What happen dear?" 

"It's just...I....I dropped the tomatoes on the street...they are all ruined." Which is partly true but a complete lie. The older woman falls for the lie as she brings the younger into a hug. "Granny forgives you...no need to hide because of such things." She releases the hug and looks into Jiyong's eyes. "Give me a smile." 

Jiyong smiles but it's not real...it's completely fake as he grins and tries not scream and shout over what just happened not even 1 hour ago. The younger follows his granny down the stairs to the noodle shop and takes his place in the kitchen. "We must be backed up...look at all of those people." says Jiyong concerned about the unattended customers. 

"You are more important....they can wait." says the older with a grin passing a stack of orders. "But now they have waited enough." Jiyong laughs a bit and this laugh is what he needs right now. This place is home. Nothing he doesn't know is here...there are no surprises, just he usual customer. 

"Order up!" 

//////////////////////Seunghyun 

The boss is back in his car and Daesung is sitting on the other end of the car. "Did you give Seungri a good talking to." 

"Ne...I think that he was high...." 

"Yeah...not like him to do such weird things...even though the kid is insane." 

"He can't help his personality." 

"Yeah his mother dropped him a little too much." 

"He can't help it." says the man with a slight growl making Daesung smirk a bit. "Why are you so defensive. Is he your lover." 

"What if he was...what would you do?" says Seunghyun not even looking at the man but challenging him with his words. Youngbae who is in the front passenger side reacts before Daesung could respond. "Hyung feels like Seungri's big brother. He gets sensitive on the topic." 

The words were calmly said and it eased a bit of the tension that Seunghyun was about to increase. Once again Seunghyun almost lost his cover and also is hearing the reality that Jiyong would not easily fit into this word. A woman would be a huge risk but having  a gay lover is even worse because Seunghyun would then look as weak. Jiyong would be a prime target because he is a man...he can be roughed around. Jiyong was already once in front of his eyes...he can't bare that again. 

They drop Daesung at his hotel near the mansion and the cars make their way to the front of the house. Seunghyun is the first to get out with Youngbae in his tracks. The younger calls out his name. "Boss, we need to talk." Seunghyun turns around and nods as he follows Youngbae into his office on the first floor. The room is a dark wood with silver accents. Two chairs sit in front of a desk where Bae takes a seat in one and Seunghyun sits in the other. 

"What happened back there?" 

"Jiyong saw me with her..." 

"He did..." says Youngbae with a sigh. 

"Did you talk to him..." 

Seunghyun crosses his legs with a sigh. "I have left voicemails..." says the man knowing that his absence making those calls was probably not the best decision. 

"Hyung...I'm going to say this again...Jiyong could be the person to bring you down." 

Seunghyun huffs and stands to his feet. "I don't need to hear this again. The man walks to the door and puts his hand on the door knob. 

"You need to realize that this thing is not going to be long term. Let him go...let him think that you are with another woman. A least he can move on thinking that you are a cheater." 

"What are you saying...." 

"You need to let him go...you can't live with him let alone talk to him. You are using our men to protect him like he is the lady of the house. How much longer will we do this....how much longer do we have to cover your tracks? We are loyal but we also have the mind of taking over." 

The older looks dark into the younger's eyes. "Taking over what? My empire? Who the thinks that they can just take something from me. What are you trying to say..."

"I'm just saying like I said before. Things were better without Jiyong in the picture. You are getting weak...." 

"So you now need to tell me how to run my ing life?" Says the older again. He then shifts his weight on his other leg. "So what are really trying to say? I'm tired of this puzzle . Speak your mind mother er...." 

"What I'm trying to say is get your life straight or I will do something about it." 

Seunghyun grabs the man by the neck with eyes and Youngbae doesn't even flinch. Through struggled words. "Kill me if you want to..." Seunghyun throws the man out of his grasp. "You don't threaten me..." 

Youngbae gasp for air and picks himself up. "I want the old boss back..." 

"Oh me ing women and being depressed and mad...." 

"We got things done. We could get this place taking on even more." 

Seunghyun sighs and leaves the room. He can't believe what he is hearing and is learning that it's getting harder and harder to trust. One thing he really wants to do is see Jiyong. He needs him to know that he is not a player...that he really does love him. They have been through a lot and he is not going to give up now. Seunghyun is not sensitive. He is just now becoming more human. 

Something the mob world doesn't understand. 

//////////////////////1am

The shop closed early due to the low volume of people they made most of the money for the day during the mad lunch hour, so Jiyong doesn't feel so guilty. Jiyong is serving the last few and places their orders down. It was nice not thinking about things and just doing what he loves. He loves making noodles and watching peoples reactions.

His last customers are a little drunk so most are just drinking down what is given to them due drinking all night. "Yaaaaaaaah more noodles."

Jiyong then frowns. "We are closing...drink up and go...."

"Yaaaaaaah you brat...we have money...."

Jiyong then growls. "I have money too. You can leave when you are done." The drunks grumble and Jiyong huffs at the situation. He always gets in drunk arguments with customers. Sometimes he wishes that he could have a drink too because the people are just so care free. They really don't give a because they are drunk they can get away with anything.

Sometimes Jiyong wishes the world was drunk and didn't care what other people did. You could get so drunk you could just forget and it's not a temporary thing.

"Store is closed...." says Seunghyun coming into the shop. Jiyong looks up at the man and huffs. "I really don't want to see you. You know it's not good that you are here."

Seunghyun knows that he is going to get some heat but he needs to explain himself. "Can we talk."

"We are talking now...." says Jiyong as he picks up his last customer's tabs. "Have a good night." Jiyong then looks at Seunghyun. "Store is closed."

"Come on...hear me out."

"I have heard you out over and over again. I never see you damn... barley even get to hear your voice."

"I know it's because of today you are mad."

Jiyong is silent for a bit and then speaks. "You clearly showed your true happiness to someone else...I don't know why you are holding on to me." says Jiyong putting chairs on tables to prepare to mob. The silence is thick and he can tell that Jiyong is mad and not really going to listen.

"Jiyong...just listen. It's not what you are thinking."

"What do you mean not what I'm thinking. Explain to me Choi Seunghyun." says Jiyong with a look of just being over with the conversation.

"She is a prop. Not real...it's just a woman that Bae hired to pose as a girlfriend for the China trip. Daesung was starting to ask too many questions and a friend came in and helped me out. It was nothing real. Just an act."

Jiyong looks the man in the eyes with his arms crossed. He looks at the man's expression and knows that he is telling the truth. "How come you didn't say that when you first came in...dumb ..." says Jiyong starting to mop. Seunghyun laughs a bit. "Wait...now I'm confused...do you forgive me...or are you still mad...."

"Mad that you didn't just tell me in one of the 26 voicemails that it was all an act?"

"Baby...I was in a alley. I didn't know who was around. I didn't want to risk it."

Jiyong then takes down a chair and sits in it. It's a breath of relief knowing that Seunghyun is not cheating on him...it was all an act...a cover up. "I'm glad that you didn't cheat...but today really got me thinking. What my granny said and what I saw today and what we have been through. I love you don't get me wrong...but is this all really worth it? Risking your career your business because of me...and me...I'm just risking not getting my beat up by a gun or a ." says Jiyong bluntly. "I think that we need a break..."

Seunghyun makes a look of devastation. "What?"

"I think...that we need a break." says Jiyong looking the man straight in the eyes. "I don't know if this is really the life that I want for me and my granny. I barely see you any ways....I know it's selfish to think this way because of your situation...but I have needs too. I want my boyfriend for more than just two hours at a time. I want to see you, hear you, touch you....baby...you have no idea how hard it has been and today...that fake reality just slapped me in the face. It just got me thinking...." 

Seunghyun is quiet and he can't even speak. Jiyong is kinda wanting to break up with him...after all that they have been through. "Baby we have been together for so long. I know it's been hard but wait for me a bit longer."

"How long....how long Seunghyun?" says Jiyong with tearful eyes. You can hear that he loves him. "I love you...but I don't know if this relationship is really what life wants us to have."

Seunghyun shakes his head. "You know how much you mean to me. Everything I do is for us. To maybe one day being together."

"Your life doesn't have room for me. Not a man like me and we both know that."

Seunghyun then takes a chair and sits in it. "What are you trying to say....like what do you really want?"

Jiyong shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know...that's why I need a break..."

"Breaks mean that you are breaking up...why not just break up...."

"You don't mean that...stop with the bull..." says Jiyong knowing the man all too well. "Let's take a break..."

"How long?"

"Let's try a month...."

Seunghyun shakes his head and stands up to the chair coming closer to the younger. Jiyong backs away and resist the man coming near him. "Seunghyun stop...." says Jiyong with tears coming down his face. Seunghyun pauses but then walks closer and wraps Jiyong in a hug. "I can't do that....I can't be without you."

Jiyong pushes the man away. "I need room to breathe...pleases...just leave and let me think...."

"I didn't even her and you are treating me like I'm trash..."

Jiyong then looks the man in the eyes. "You are trash for treating me this way." Seunghyun looks at the man in shock. "Why are you saying these things. I didn't her. What else can I say....."

Jiyong then looks the man in the eyes. "You know what...maybe breaking up is a good idea...." Jiyong looks the man in the eyes but you can tell that he is lying.

"Why are you like this...I love you."

"Just leave here and think of me as a dream...."

Seunghyun doesn't know what else to say. "If that's what you wish...I will do what ever makes you happy...because I love you." Seunghyun walks out of the noodle shop and Woobin comes to the older's side. "He will come back to you Boss..." Seunghyun doesn't say much but just continues to leave the store. 

Jiyong then slams down his mop and gets in a fit of tears. He just told the person that he loved to leave him. "Are you happy now..." says Jiyong with a growl. 

"Well of course Jiyong shi. Your shop and your granny. I will keep things as they are as promised." The man walks around to Jiyong's mop. "Looks like you missed a spot." 

" you..." 

Daesung smiles. "You are lucky that I don't kill you two off now." 

"You might as well kill me..." 

"No...that would be too easy. I will kill Seunghyun instead." 

Jiyong's eyes widen. "Please...." 

"Oh change of tone I see...well...." The man snaps and a man with a brief case comes in. "Here is the money I promised." 

Jiyong's eyes widen to the man coming in. "I don't want that dirty cash." 

"You will take it. Say it's a parting gift...maybe buy yourself a new life." says the older with a sick laugh.  "I'll let you two talk." 

"What the ...like are you really Seunghyun's friend." 

"I'm not his friend...I work for him and I work for Mr. Choi. I do what's best for the business." says Youngbae unable to looking Jiyong in the eyes. 

"You are a coward. How could you do this to your hyung. How could you." 

"I don't need a ing lecture from you. Like I said....I do what's best for the business and that's my only priority. Seunghyun was becoming weak minded because of you. We are tired of covering for him and this waste of time called love." Bae looks the man over. "You should have been killed when we had the chance when you witnessed that murder." 

Jiyong then frowns. "I can still talk." 

"You talk and we will kill your grandmother and she will then have to watch you get arrested for involvement with the mob. You think that you can get out of this...you ed with enemy...you ed the man who was close to killing you years ago. Why are you holding on to him. He doesn't see you...you don't talk to him...you said that your self." 

Jiyong just shakes his head. "I feel sorry for you...he will figure this out...and he will come back for me..." 

"As soon as he figures things out...your life will be in danger. This is not a warning. I will kill you myself." 

"He trusted you." 

"He trusted the wrong person." Bae walks out of the shop and into the car that Daesung was driving. Woobin bows to the car and the car drives off. Woobin then comes into the shop. "You ok?" 

"Why didn't you call him...." says Jiyong to the man. 

"You know I can't do that...I have family too....They will shoot them all dead before even telling me." 

Jiyong knows the situation well. "I'm sorry...." 

"I'm sorry I couldn't do more for you." 

Jiyong smiles. "That's not your job anymore Woobin shi. You can leave now..." 

Woobin bows and leaves with his other men from the shop. Jiyong is now left alone and with no one to console him. He can't talk about things...he just feels so alone right now. 

///////////////////2 Hours earlier

The shop was not that busy but enough people to stay open. A man comes in a dark suit and takes a seat reading the menu carefully. "Can I help you?" says Jiyong placing a water on the table. 

Daesung looks up with a smile. "Jiyong right?" says the man with a smile. 

Jiyong nods. "Ne...what would you like to eat...." 

"You are Seunghyun's lover right?" 

Jiyong's face goes blank. "I don't know what you are talking about." 

"Ohhh don't be so shy. I'm a friend of Seunghyun's. Kang Daesung...." 

The name puts chills down Jiyong's back. "Why are you here...." says Jiyong kind of scared. 

"Oh don't worry I'm not going to kill you. We just need to have a talk. Do you have some time?" The way the man asked the question you knew that there was not an option. Jiyong takes a seat at the table and stares at the man with a slight tremble. He is not sure what they are going to do. There are four other men scattered through out the restaurant. "So...looks like we both have something in common. Seunghyun Shi...he is a good catch huh. I hear that he is really good at ing. Never knew he preferred men as well." says the man with a  chuckle. "So...I recently heard about you so I wanted to meet you and fix things." 

"Fix things...." says Jiyong with a low voice. 

"I'm sure you know where I'm getting at...You will break up...since I'm nice...I'll let you do that...you must break up with him..."

Jiyong makes a shocked face. "I promise...you will never hear of me....just please...let me stay with him.." says Jiyong almost begging.

"I can't let that happen. You stay together I will have to kill the ones you love. Your granny for starters and then your friends...your mom...and then I will kill you and make sure Seunghyun is there to see you bleed out...." says the man in a very calm voice. His presence is scary and all Jiyong can do is nod...because now his actions affect others. "Good boy. I'm sure Seunghyun will come by tonight. That should be a good time."

Jiyong sighs wiping a tear. 

 

YAY A UPDATE FINALLY!! THANKS FOR WAITING FOR ME. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CHAPTER? I LOVE YOUR THOUGHTS^^

ELISE CHOI^^