I Forgot

Flicker

Biting back the overwhelming urge to run over and hug him, Kai watched with awestruck eyes as Kyungsoo made his way over to the empty seat in front of him. He longed to reach out and touch him (he'd never had the chance to do it deliberately before) but he knew he mustn't. He made a mental note to make sure they sat together in lessons and to accidentally on purpose brush their arms together as many times as possible.

It may be difficult (or even impossible) to make him remember dying, but if Kyungsoo really was infatuated with him it shouldn't be too difficult to resume their relationship, right?

Wrong.

Kyungsoo, as it turned out, was unbelievably shy.

At the end of their last lesson, Kai approached him, willing himself to stay calm. He strode over nonchalantly, trying to act confident even though his heart was thudding against his ribcage and his hands were clammy. "Kyungsoo." He called as he got closer to where the other was standing. "Kyungsoo, I was wondering if..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you wanted to... go out... with me?"

"Go out... With you?" Kyungsoo stammered, blinking slowly like a cat as if he didn't understand what was being asked. 

With a sudden burst of confidence, Kai grabbed hold of Kyungsoo's hand. "Yes. I want you..." He tightened his grip when he felt Kyungsoo's hand go limp in his own. "To go out with me."

Kyungsoo stood there staring, looking like a frightened animal. Then he was gone.

The mobile phone he'd been holding fell to the floor with a loud clatter; this gave Kai an idea: he picked up the phone and quickly added a new contact, transferring his own number to Kyungsoo's phone, and Kyungsoo's number to his. Remembering their nicknames for each other, he entered his name as 'Jonginnie~' and Kyungsoo's as 'Kyungie Oppa~'.

 

He received a text while eating dinner; naturally, his parents scolded him for having his phone out at the dinner table, but he just ignored them.

'How can I go out with you when I don't know you?'  It was, as he'd expected, from Kyungsoo.

He swiftly tapped out a response. 'I feel like I know you.'  He couldn't help but cringe at his own reply.

When he didn't get an answer for a while he texted, 'I know, Kyungsoo. I know everything.'

He grinned to himself when the other responded unmediated. 'Know what?'  He could just imagine his big wide owl eyes peering at him in shock.

'I know about you following me.' No answer. He sent another message. 'I'll meet you after school tomorrow.'

With all the thoughts of Kyungsoo whirling around in his mind, Kai was unable to get to sleep that night. He was just drifting off when his butler entered the room to wake him.

 

Just as he'd planned, Kai met Kyungsoo at the school gates at 3pm. Instantly, without even bothering to greet him first, he tugged on Kyungsoo's hand and led him back inside the building.

Once inside, he pulled him into a deserted classroom and pushed him up against a wall, closing the distance between their bodies.

Forgetting everything but the two of them, Kai wasted no time and pressed his lips to Kyungsoo's. He formed a cage around the older with his arms and bit down softly on his lips, demanding entrance. He pushed his tongue further in, craving his taste, leaving no part of the cavern untouched.

He finally managed to stop when he felt a weak shove to his chest. They were both breathing heavily. When Kai managed to compose himself, he spoke to Kyungsoo with genuine concern. "I'm sorry. Was that too much? I forgot..."

"Don't be sorry. It's just that... I've never kissed anyone before... Forgot what?"

"Oh, nothing." Kyungsoo's words cut him deeply, though. He had kissed someone before. They'd kissed before. But of course he wouldn't remember.