Resurrection

Flicker

Author's note: Sorry this chapter's so short. I hope you still like it! 

___________________________________________________________________________________ 

“So…” The figure turned to greet them. “You must be the ghost.”

“What? No, I’m… I… My name’s Kai.” Kai babbled, almost incoherently.

“I wasn’t talking to you.” The figure snapped at him, making him jump. “I was talking to him.” She pointed passed him, to the empty air (where Kyungsoo was standing). “The wide-eyed, ‘rodent caught in the headlights’ guy.”

“Oh.” Was all he could say. He was more than a little surprised that she could see Kyungsoo, considering he was a ghost and therefore invisible to humans.

Kyungsoo bowed courteously. “My name is Do Kyungsoo.”

The figure didn’t bother bowing back; she simply said “Take me to your grave.”

And they did. She followed the two of them to the cemetery, and Kai led them both to the grave. Kyungsoo wasn’t aware that he had memorised the way.

“Human, you’ve done well.” Kai glanced up at her. Human. She said it as if she wasn’t one. Ignoring his befuddled expression, she continued. “You are clearly dedicated. Most people wouldn’t have gotten this far – they usually give up when they discover they need to get their hands on their mother’s blood and a few dead creatures.”

“Kyungsoo’s special.” He smiled, not sure how else to respond. Unknowingly to Kai, Kyungsoo smile back.

Kyungsoo then asked the question that had been on Kai’s mind since they found the note in the attic. “Why did we need to find those things, anyway?”

The woman just laughed at him. “That was just to test how much you and your pet human here wanted this.”

“Oh.” The two of them sighed simultaneously.

The woman seemed vaguely amused by their ignorance. Then she said, seeming slightly impatient, “Well, shall we get on with it or what? It’s actually a simple spell when you learn it properly…”

Kai interrupted her. “Spell? So you’re a witch?” Kyungsoo shushed him, telling him to be more polite.

“Yes, I am a witch. Why? Do you want me to turn you into a frog?” She snarled, before cackling at her own joke. “Oh, and one more thing,” She turned to Kyungsoo. “Once this is over, you won’t remember ever dying. Or anything from being a ghost.”

Kyungsoo looked at Kai. Kai looked at where he guessed Kyungsoo was. “We still have to go through with it. I owe you that much.”

“You’re sure? You don’t owe me anything.”

Kai nodded. “I’ll make you remember me.”

“I’ll still love you. I loved you then. I love you now. And I’ll love you when I’m alive again. I’ll even love you next time I die.”

They both nodded at the witch. Taking that as a ‘yes,’ she started running the hands above the grave, muttering words that made no sense to either of them.