Kai Oneshot - Can't Sleep~

Exo Oneshot Scenarios - Very Short

1 Sheep, 2 Sheep, 3 Sheep....Ah it's no use...I'm wide awake!

 

You scrunched up your eyes and nose, trying hard to fall asleep, but failing miserably.

 

Checking the time on your phone; it was 2:00AM, you winced and you sat up feeling thirsty. Letting out a sigh and shuffling your pyjamas to the right place (since you'd been rolling about for the past 3 hours dishevelling your clothes in the process), you walked out of your room, keeping your eye mask on, knowing you'd only be a minute, and what were the chances of any of the boys being awake?

 

You opened your bedroom door, trying to be as silent as you could walking over to the open kitchen, not wanting to wake any of the EXO boys up. taking a glass from the cupboard, feeling frustrated that you couldn't sleep. 

 

'_______-ah, you can't sleep either?' An unintentionally y voice asked behind you, causing you to drop your glass in shock. Thankfully Kai caught it before it hit the floor and smashed. You both stared at the glass as Kai lifted it and gave it back to you, asking if you had a grip on it before he let go. 

 

'Jesus sorry about that, you startled me. I didn't think anyone would be awake at this time...' You mumbled, your heart racing a little at the look of Kai's bedhead, wearing black loose trousers and a casual white tank top that revealed his tanned skin and subtle arm muscles. 

 

‘I didn’t know you wore an eye mask to bed.’ Jongin said pointing at it on top of your head, you patted it horrified he’d seen you with it.

 

‘Ah…yeah I do..’ You replied so embarrassed, looking at everywhere but him.

 

You realised he was unintentionally standing a little too near, causing you to gulp hard, gripping onto the glass tighter to your chest, trying to stop your hands from shaking. 

 

'Um, well...I better go...' You said about to set the glass down, realising that you must have looked awful.

 

'But you haven't drank anything-‘ 

 

'But I look awful, I didn't even put my mask away…' You replied feeling so self-conscious around him.

 

'We've seen you in every form possible - it's fine. Besides you look comfortable.' Kai replied shrugging, walking over to the dining table, ushering you over, you sat opposite each other while you sipped the water slowly and painfully, feeling incredibly awkward. But it was all your fault - you and Jongin usually had very good conversations and a lot of fun....but recently in the past few weeks...things changed...

 

It probably had a lot to do with the fact that you realised you had feelings for Jongin. You were so attracted to him it was ridiculous; everything he didcaused fireworks to go off inside. But you knew he would never ever feel the same way, so there was  no point in telling him or anyone else for that matter - it would just make things in the dorms awkward, besides you had to work with these guys and be with them 24/7, so there was no merit in confessing to him.

 

'_______...why have you been acting weird towards me lately?' Kai asked bluntly leaning back in his chair, watching your shocked reaction. 

 

Of course he was blunt about it you thought.

 

You shook your head in denial. But of course you were a terrible liar, and Jongin knew you long enough to know when you weren't telling the truth.

 

'I don't know what you're talking about...it's nothin-'

 

'If it's something I've said or done, then please tell me so I can fix it. Because right now I don't want it to be awkward between us, I consider you someone close to me, and I miss us being close, so please just tell me-'

 

'It's nothing Jongin-ah seriously there’s-'

 

'______-ah just tell me-'

 

'I LIKE YOU.' Your grasp on the glass tightened as the words left your mouth loudly.

 

Silence

 

Both of you sat still, you stared down at the glass, completely in awe of what you just said; your mouth was wide open in shock. Regret flooded you as soon as those words escaped your lips. You let go of the glass, realising the mistake you had made. You knew this would happen. You couldn't help but well up in anger at yourself for being so weak. You let go of the glass and stood up slowly, feeling sick to your stomach. 

 

You refused to look at Kai, knowing his mouth would be wide open in shock, and then he'd probably close it and just stare at the floor, not knowing how to let you down easy. But he was blunt usually so he'd just say - 'Sorry but I’m not interested in you like that' and then your relationship with him and the boys would be forever awkward...brill..

 

You let out a sigh, walking past him.

 

'_______-ah.'

 

You heard a chair scrape against the floor as Jongin grabbed onto your wrist, stopping you from taking another step away from him.

 

You refused to look at him, trying to compose yourself for a few seconds before you turned around. 

 

He looked extremely nervous, you'd never seen him look this nervous before except probably just before EXO's debut showcase…

 

He stared at your hand, you could tell he was turning slightly red, it made your eyes widen, turning red too, not knowing what to say. 

 

Kai let out a sharp breath through his nose before opening his mouth;

 

'I wish you told me a long time ago.' He muttered quietly in the darkness.

 

You bit the inside of your cheek, not really knowing what to say. You still didn't know whether this would be a rejection or not, causing the butterflies in your stomach to stir...

 

Before you could mentally prepare yourself, Jongin stared straight into your eyes - you knew it was a difficult thing for him to do, it made him feel vulnerable; he hardly did that to anyone because in reality he was shy - nothing like the y ‘Kai’ on stage.

 

He searched your eyes for something...asking questions that only you could answer.

 

Your eyes widened like saucers as he gulped hard, biting his bottom lip unsurely, he took a step closer to you, still holding onto your wrist...

 

His face was unfathomably close to yours, his warm, hot breath filling your nostrils and your senses, causing you to go blind in that moment.

 

His eyes started to close, you had already shut them, he tilted his head a little, his plump lips a centimetre away from meeting yours...

 

You held your breath....

 

'Ahhh I'm not the only one who's awake then.'

 

Both of you jumped off each other in pure shock from the low husky voice that belonged to Chanyeol as he emerged from his dorm room. 

 

‘Aish Chanyeol-ah you scared us.’ Kai replied sounding just as shocked as you were feeling. Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, pulling his hoodie down as he sat down on the table, picking up the glass of water while you sneakily tried to creep away, tip-toeing to your bedroom nervously. 

 

'Ahhh-ah _____-ah, come sit down, let's talk~~' Chanyeol pouted, pushing his glasses up his noise, letting out a sleepy cough as he gulped down the glass of water. 

 

You looked at Kai, and Kai looked at you, but you both turned away anxiously. It was the most awkward moment of your life. 

 

'Sit in front of me so I can see you~' Chanyeol ordered pouting, ruffling his hair sleepily. You hesitated, heart pounding a hundred beats per minute, but you held your breath, pulled out the chair next to Jongin, and sat down - wanting to disappear into your room so badly. 

 

'Why are you being so shifty? What did you guys do? The tension is so thick I can cut it with a knife…’ Chanyeol asked nonchalantly.

 

'Oh nothing, nothing, I couldn't sleep, I came out here, and Jongin came out too, so we just sat and chatted, and then I was...just leaving but then you came out and-'

 

'I was just joking...sheesh...' Chanyeol sleepily said, grumpily eyeing you two as he stood up, both of you stood up with him, giving him fake toothy smiles, trying to act natural.

 

‘_____-ah, you sleep with an eye-mask huh?’

 

‘Oh yeah this old thing hahahahah yeah I do…’ You replied trying way too hard to be nonchalant.

 

'Well I'm off to bed again, goodnight...weirdos...' Chanyeol muttered giving you two a final look before stretching, yawning and going back to his dorm room, closing the door behind him. 

 

You both stood still for a moment. 

 

'So....um...I-' Kai scratched the back of his head, returning to shy Jongin. 

 

'-I should go now.' You said quickly, feeling incredibly flustered. 

 

'Yeah...yeah you should go.' Jongin said still messing with his hair as he walked over to his room door slowly, watching you open yours, knowing the moment was nearly over. 

 

'________-ah.' You froze at Kai calling your name. You looked at him, gulping hard. 

 

'Yeah?' You asked trying to sound smooth, opening your door wider, putting a foot in. 

 

Your eyes gazed into each other’s; all of a sudden Jongin's face broke out into the most soft, beautiful smile you'd ever seen him give in your whole time of knowing him, it made you physically sick, seeing how beautiful it was. 

 

'Goodnight.' He said lowly, showing his teeth, your heart melted into nothingness.

 

'Goodnight.' You replied nodding at him politely, unable to hide the genuine grin erupting from your face, feeling very hot. 

 

You walked into your room closing the door behind you and sliding down it, unable to think or breath, knowing fully well you wouldn't be able to sleep now. 

 

Uh my stupid heart~

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just something silly - COMMENTS AND SUBS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!! :D

Cute Jongin-ah~~

-------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_m3egl4JfBi1r2xenuo1_500.gif

large.gif

tumblr_mmw1i6mWSc1r4yji7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mh14exdCxU1s38eg8o1_250.gif

tumblr_m9d0hd8FYp1revps8o1_250.gif

large.gif