Soysauce, Meet Rappoki

As Awesome As Kimbap and Soysauce On Your Tongue
Please log in to read the full chapter

3. Soysauce, Meet Rappoki

 

Her doll like eyes were wide opened. Brown iris with golden sparkles looked back at him as the pink little lips stretch wide and beautifully. White and cute bunny teeth peeking shyly between the luscious and soft tissue. It was as clear as the cleanest mini store's window that the owner of the gorgeous face was indeed, happy.

 

Off to Japan.. :) :) :)

 

Was written under the photo. The owner of the account was very pretty and shiny and flawless and everything that a Byun Baekhyun with a scar wasn't. She's Dara, Chanyeol's not so secret crush, who was also a member of 2in1.

 

Almost every single soul in the fandom knew. The letters in bold practically told the whole world about it, Park Chanyeol wasn’t being subtle about his little crush.

 

Exo_PCY loves this photo

 

It wasn't only happened once or twice, so it's a far cry from coincidences. Chanyeol would be among the first ones to leaved comments on her posts and vice versa. Only dumb person who refused to acknowledge the flirting banter between the two who would say no- because even the blinds could read between their lines.

 

Lately, Park Chanyeol was quite active on his new instagram account. He posted handsome selcas or updating the fans about his new works (and also part time fanboying over 2in1). Baekhyun, being a devoted new fans, made an account too (like the rest of the fandom). It was amazing what a social media could do these days. It provided everything, news to photos or short videos, even blowing up rumors. And the latest rumor brought by a digital little birdie said, that Park Chanyeol and Park Dara were an item.

 

Baekhyun blinked mindlessly, it was as if he wasn't in his body. Strange. The brunet's mind clearly wasn't there. His lungs felt like rubber, he wasn't even sure whether he was breathing or not. His small eyes were wide opened but he couldn't process what he saw. His ears were fine but it was as if he was deaf to the rest of the world but the rackety sound from the old and noisy air conditioner. It’s because of what he just saw and read through his phone. Endless proves that suddenly popped out of the blue: theoris about social media interactions, fancams, candied photos of them both that so undeniable. He wasn’t supposed to be affected this much to be honest. But somehow, he was. And he didn’t know why. Or refused to know why.

 

His mind was flying back just for a second as he unconsciously made a note at the back of his head to call the maintenance guy tomorrow morning because it's already passed the supposed aircon service's schedule, thus the rackety sound like an old bus ready for the junk yard. Involuntarily, his eyes went up and stopped at the mini store's clock. It was 10 passed 9pm. He supposed to get off the work already but yet he was sitting there, on the semi dirty tiles, pretending to have the busiest day of his life by arranging the popcorn boxes for the hundredth time (when he was actually stalking his bias via phone) while waiting for Jongin to came back from his delivery. Kyungsoo called, like almost 30 minutes ago, asking for 2 bottles of soda and a brand new mop with a stick. Baekhyun volunteered to stay, stating that the popcorn shelves need a better arrangement for a better selling while ushering Jongin to the door talking about how Kyungsoo would love to see the younger instead of him. And Jongin went away with a smile plastered on his face.

 

It was almost 3 weeks since the last time he met his bias in person. All this time he was successfully dodging all the duties to send orders to their apartment. Jongin began suspecting something’s fishy because of his reluctance but he never pushed it anyway because, 'hello, who was he, refusing the official invitation from his big eyed hyung in the form of house hold orders from their mini store'?

 

It wasn't because Baekhyun hate the giant now or something, but the last thing he saw on the music station, along with the flirting things going on in the social media, the 'crushing' thing and all the jazz, somehow made him lost all his courage to face his favorite giant. He couldn’t explain the weird uncomfortable feeling that was nagging him everytime he think about Chanyeol, especially now after the rumor’s out and he didn’t bother to find out why. Who was he anyway, just a fan and a mere mini store employee. Therefore, Baekhyun settled only fanboying through his account, eventhough more often than not, it hurt his heart repeatedly instead of making him happy.

 

32 minutes had passed from his shift and even the tip of Jongin's nose wasn't there yet. The little brunet almost hit his head to the popcorn boxes when a bell sound by the door woke him up from his dozzing off state and his younger partner appeared by the door with the widest toothy grin that Baekhyun ever saw on his face.

 

"Kyungsoo hyung asked me to go watch Dumb and Dumber this Saturday."

 

"Good for you." Baekhyun smiled, genuinely happy for his taller friend, because Jongin dreamt about it since the first day he laid his eyes on the cute manager. Dusting off his working pants, the brunet employee then stood and stretched his limbs.

 

"I'm sooo happy." The younger one twirled around in the crowded ministore like a ballerino. When his shoulder accidentally hit the popcorn shelves, and some boxes were falling scattered to the floor, it was as if he was hit on the head and his eyes widened as he realized something, "Ah, hyung, I'm sorry. It was already passed your shift."

 

Baekhyun hummed, "It's okay." He bent down and took the boxes, put it down swiftly to the place because he's been arranging it for like ten times or more that night.

 

"Hyung, just let me do it. You can go change and get ready to go home."

 

"Okay,"

 

...................

 

Baekhyun frowned, what on earth the universe had against him because it seemed like it kept pushing him toward something that he was dreading the most lately. 'Something' like a direct interaction with Park Chanyeol. Because, when he just got out of the locker room, Jongin told him that Kyungsoo just called and ordered two cartons of eggs. The tanned boy, 'naively', asked Baekhyun to dropped it off on his way home since it's on the same direction anyway. To ignore the request would be too strange and Jongin would smell his insecurity issue with his sharp nose anytime now. So Baekhyun just nodded, took the plastic bag with 2 cartons of egg inside that Jongin had prepared while he was changing, and pray to Anyone up there on his way to the apartment that Chanyeol wouldn't be at home. Or at the very least, please make Baekhyun a smooth talker just for this once.

 

It seemed like, the universe had decided that granted one Baekhyun's pray wouldn't hurt, so, when he rang the apartment bell, it was the petite manager who opened the door before him. Sky blue apron over black long sleeves shirt and a trace of flour on his left cheek.

 

"Good evening, Do manager. I got your eggs,"

 

"Ah, Baekhyun. Come on in,"

 

"Ah, but I was just here to-"

 

The petite manager opened the door wider, inviting him with no room for rejection so Baekhyun had no choice, "And please call me Kyungsoo." He watched as Baekhyun stepped into the foyer hesitantly and waited patiently until the same height brunet wear his guest slippers before heading inside, "Long time no see,"

 

"‎​Yeah, the store is always hectic and Jongin is kinda jumpy whenever we got a call, expecting it was from you so-" Baekhyun smiled.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled knowingly, "I see,"

 

The petite manager walked down the corridor even further, and Baekhyun was there enough time to know that Kyungsoo was taking them to the kitchen, "What are you cooking?"

 

"You know that Yeol always love snacks, the unhealthy ones, because he has sweet tooth. So, I deciced to make him carrot cupcakes for today's desserts."

 

Baekhyun peeked at the half baked batter in the oven over the small glass window as he put the plastic bag on the counter carefully. It smelled really good. It's good to know that someone as kind as Kyungsoo always took a good care of Chanyeol. Speaking of which, he should go home before the rapper arrived, "Okay, I'll get going. Good luck with your cupcakes, it smelled good by the way."

 

Kyungsoo frowned and suddenly his expression turned happy, "Why don't you wait for a bit? The first batch will be out of the oven soon," he looked at Baekhyun and continued, "-and judging from your clothes, you're off duty already, right?" Baekhyun was about to refuse but the manager beat him to it, "The others are still out. They're having an interview with some Chinese medias. Xing is taking care of them. Chanyeol would be happy to see you here when he got back. He kept asking for you everytime Jongin came here doing his duty."

 

It was a pleasant thing to know that your idol was actually missing your absence, or if it was just Kyungsoo being kind, Baekhyun would still appreciate it anyway. Not everyday someone as unimportant as Baekhyun was being asked 'repeatedly' by someone as important as Chanyeol. Or it was mattered because it was Chanyeol who asked. Honestly, even if it was Kris who asked about him, Baekhyun probably wouldn't feel that flattered.

 

But again, getting your hope high wouldn't bring you anywhere, Baekhyun should just stop all these butterflies in his stomach everytime his and Chanyeol's name being mentioned in one sentence. Because there's a high and pretty wall named Dara that would be forever too hard and too high to climb.

 

"Uhm, I think I should just get home. Because it's getting late and I have to buy dinner, I-"

 

"Even more reason to stay!" Kyungsoo cut him off with a honey sweet smile. "I'll cook for you. I love to cook,"

 

Baekhyun's small eyes widened, "Uh, no. I can’t-"

 

"You see, Chanyeol's friends are my friends too. Unless, you don't wanna be my friend, Baekhyun."

 

"It's not like that, it's because-" '-I have other reason for not staying. I can't see Chanyeol today, not now just after his scandal break out,' Baekhyun reasoned out in his mind, which wasn't do any help for his situation right now. "I-"

 

A jingling sound of keys was heard from the front door. Not even a second after that, the door was opened and came in three picturesque like guys. Kris and Chanyeol were looked exhausted, but Yixing was still as blank as he always looked. Though, the tiredness on Chanyeol's eyes and entire face was immediately wiped away when he landed his eyes on the shock small brunet in the kitchen door.

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

Baekhyun's heart dropped to his stomach at the deep voice calling out his name.

 

...............

 

Everything happened so fast- one moment Chanyeol pulled him out of the kitchen, made him sat on the couch in the living room and talked about this and that, that Baekhyun had no recollection about. And around 30 minutes after that, Kyungsoo called him back to the dining room and a table full of late supper for five people was there. They ate and talked and ate some more. Most of the talks were about the job: their interview with the Chinese portals because Kyungsoo wanted to be updated about it, but Baekhyun enjoyed hearing anything that Chanyeol related so he didn't mind.

 

They were finally back to the living room when Kyungsoo shooed all of them out of the kitchen to started cleaning up. As if the whole universe still not done in teasing Baekhyun this whole night, everyone suddenly stayed clear of the said living room. Kris went to take a very long bath while Yixing went straight to his room on the second floor, leaving Baekhyun and his wrecked heart and mind alone.. with Chanyeol.

 

It was a very 'entertaining' night to say the least. Baekhyun really enjoyed Kyungsoo's food and the whole companies, he rarely had someone with him when he had his dinner. He didn't even stuttered for once, although it's because he didn't talk much that night, given Chanyeol doing most of the talking because he's just that.. 'excited' (as Kyungsoo said) to see Baekhyun. The statement induce something weird (like flying butterflies) in his stomach but Baekhyun acted all cool with no words and just a small smile.

 

Good. Keep it up and no one would know your dying fanboy inside.

 

Looking around, to everything, from the cream rug to the hanging Optimus Prime clock on the wall, basically everything but Chanyeol, Baekhyun finally speaked, "I think I really have to go now. I have work tomorrow, and besides, you guys are tired like hell, I know," He was standing beside the couch before Chanyeol, therefore the taller disappointed expression was clear on his eyes.

 

"Can't you stay for a couple more minutes?" A shadow of frown and pout was crystal clear on the taller's face. His puppy like face was the one that succeeded to get Baekhyun's slight nod and approval.

 

It was worth it for Baekhyun, because he got to see the widest grin on the taller's face.

 

"This is like the best day of my life," the rapper displayed all his white pearl teeth, the stretched smile reached his eyes. "The interview was fun, I got a 'yes' and I got to see you too,"

 

Baekhyun blinked at the 'yes' slipped in the middle. He was too caught on that word that he didn't get the part when Chanyeol felt really happy to see him.

 

"You're like the precious friend I barely have," the wide smile morphed into a softer one, but the sparkle in Chanyeol's eyes were still there, "You know, in this kind of industry, it's hard to find people who really care about you. I believe time had nothing to do with our friendship because I can feel it, Baekhyun. That you're a very kind and sincere person."

 

"Ah.." There it was, the uncomfortable feeling now’s coming back in full force.

 

"And because you're my friend, I'll tell you this," Chanyeol paused, a giggle escape from his lips, "I got Dara to finally say 'yes' to me this afternoon, just before I went to the interview. You know, you must have he

Please log in to read the full chapter