The Soysauce's Dream

As Awesome As Kimbap and Soysauce On Your Tongue
Please log in to read the full chapter

2. The Soysauce's Dream

 

 

Baekhyun panted, he tried to float himself but it's difficult to do since he's fully clothed. Baekhyun was not a good swimmer. The jeans was so heavy, it kept pulling him down. His converse didn't do any help either.

 

"What did you do to Baekhyun?"!

 

Between his hard pants, Baekhyun heard Chanyeol was screaming angrily to the girls, while Panda was barking softly to him. She’s probably trying to encourage him who was struggling to get to the side. He kept paddling and pushing himself forward, albeit so slowly but surely. When finally he reached the edge of the river bank, Panda barked a soft cry then biting his right sleeve, trying to drag him to the land.

 

"Oppa, you're scary.."

 

The girls' voices were weak, laced in fright.  Baekhyun looked up just in time when Chanyeol looked to the side worriedly and their glances locked. The worried and scared face of Chanyeol when he saw Baekhyun, soon turned into red in raged when he faced the girls again, "Go away before I call the police!"

 

Something tugged Baekhyun's inner when he saw Chanyeol threatened the squirming girls. They have no other choice except following what Park Chanyeol told them to do. They were running away in tears, but Chanyeol didn't even spared them a second glance. Instead, he ran to the exactly opposite direction, where Panda and the drenched Baekhyun were. He crouched and help to pull the little male up before fell down on his own beside the exhausted Baekhyun. Panda came to her master and his pale face.

 

"Good girl, thank you Panda." Chanyeol patted the loyal dog's head. "God, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Baek. Are you okay?" He frowned sadly, hands reaching for Baekhyun's arm gently.

 

Baekhyun shook his head- still felt light headed because he just imagining that Park Chanyeol was scolding his fans for him, "Well, I'm ookka-aaachhooo!"

 

"Oh my.. Let's go home!"

 

.............

 

Baekhyun sat, save and warm on the black couch in front of a huge screen flat tv- a rerun music show on screen- wrapped in a thick and heavy cocoon made of five Chanyeol's blankets. He was wearing Chanyeol's spare clothes too, an oversized t-shirt and a Nemo pajama bottom, that smells very much like the owner. Chanyeol's fragrance thickling his olfactory, and he ridiculously remembered the scene of a cliche romantic movie.

 

The giant star came in, guilt reflected in his glasses, and hot chocolate on both hands. He put the cups on the coffee table and sat comfortably beside Baekhyun. "Once again, I'm sorry Baek. I dont-" Baekhyun's chuckles suddenly cut his sorry pleas and the handsome rapper blinked rapidly.

 

"Can you imagined how rich I am right now if I got 1000 won for your each and every apologies? I've told you to cut it off." His bubbly laugh filling up the wide and white living room. Baekhyun then smiled reassuringly, "I'm okay, really Chanyeol" Chanyeol's pout induced another light chuckle from him.

 

Chanyeol sighed and continued, "Anyway, I'm sorry I could only make you this." He gestured his hands toward the still steaming hot cups of cocoa on the coffee table, but then his eyes widened and a big hand come to covering his lips when he saw Baekhyun just cocking up his eyebrows at another Chanyeol's apology. "Uh, well, sorr-uh Kyungsoo was actually the chef here. He could make you everything, but he's not here, because he's at your workplace right now- explaining everything to Jongin.. uhh which actually could be done by phone but..yea.." he frowned, "And I can't give you anything to eat either because he already dumped all the junk foods- my snack, my money and basically the source of my fun- to the trash bin, insisting that he'll cook for us instead, just like a nagging little mom."

 

Baekhyun let out a soft laugh, "That's because he cares about you guys a lot"

 

"Yeah, he is." Chanyeol smiled warmly. It's clear that the giant had a soft little spot in his heart for his petite manager. "I'm rambling too much again, am I not?" he winced at his own question.

 

Baekhyun shrugged while sipping the cocoa from the blue ‎​cup, "Well, to be honest I think it's cute." He commented without thinking. But when the naïve words sipped into their minds, both of them froze. Baekhyun stuttered when he saw Chanyeol's red ears, '', his eyes widened in realization.

 

The giant nodded, "Well, I'll take that as a compliment."

 

"Sure", Baekhyun mumbled softly. He bit his lower lips and knocked his forehead with the glass on his hand repeatedly when Chanyeol reached for the remote and began flipping the channel. It was silent for a while except for the drama on tv. Strangely, it wasn’t awkward. Baekhyun decided to asked what’s been bothering him since a while ago, "Do you think your fans will be okay?"

 

Chanyeol glanced to his side and found Baekhyun watched his cocoa as if it was the most interesting thing in the world for him, "Hmmm?"

 

"You were screaming at them earlier today,"

 

Chanyeol looked like he was thinking about something for a while before he blinked and nodded in an understanding way.

 

"What if they hate you or something," Baekhyun’s voice laced with guilt, right point finger was busy tracing the edge of his blue mug, and small eyes were fixed on the mindless gesture.

 

Chanyeol's eyebrows shot up high, "Baek, are you worrying about me?"

 

"Well, of course," I think of you as a friend, somehow?

 

The star before him flashed his wide smile, all teeth visible, that's how he earned the teethrich nickname anyway, and suddenly reached out to pat Baekhyun's fluffy brunet head, "I'm honoured."

 

.............

 

 

They were waiting for dinner delivery because Chanyeol insisted to order hawaian pizza and cola to sealed their newfound friendship and Baekhyun didn't get to finish his dinner because of today's unfortunate events anyway. Eventhough Baekhyun didn't mind to lost a couple of his frozen kimbaps, the taller man said (with a serious face, as serious as the cute dobby face could get) that the smaller one’s a precious friend to him now, so he would make sure that Baekhyun felt his heart (as if putting his huge career on the line by scolding his rude fans for Baekhyun didn't prove his sincerity enough). Baekhyun couldn't help but wonder, how this nice guy would put himself on his relationship with his soulmate if he's already this sweet and caring as a friend. Chanyeol probably catch a grenade or jump in front of the train for his lover, just like the lyric of that famous song.

 

A soft bark and a fluffy head suddenly appeared, calling him back from his trance, Baekhyun might had stared creepily toward its' master, because then, a pink tongue made its' way and his fingers that still clutching around the blue cup of sweet cocoa. "Oh hey, girl," the brunet smiled, his eyes disappeared behind the pretty lids. He looked up when he heard a small bariton chuckle from his side.

 

"I think Panda's really in love with you, she couldn't leave you alone."

 

Baekhyun put his drink on the coffee table and leaned forward to hug her, because the naughty puppy had put her paws on Baekhyun's lap while head tilted to the side, asking for the brunet's attention cutely.

 

"She dumped me." Chanyeol pouted, white teeth hidden behind pursed lips adorably but still failed to gained both Baekhyun's and Panda's attention toward him, the duo were just too busy cooing each other. A sudden knock on the door was the one that catching all of their attention instead. "Ah, must be the pizza. I'll go get it and leave you lovebirds alone." He joked, while Baekhyun just smiled brightly and Panda barked happily.

 

There's a slight clicking sound and then the door opened even before Chanyeol could reach it, a majestic blond head appeared followed by a model like figure. "Hey, I thought I didn't bring my key, figured out I did," Kris chuckled as he stepped in and rubbed his shoes on the welcome mat. He paused in the middle of his attempt of stepping on his left sneaker with his right one to took it off, when he caught a not so familiar person in their livingroom.

 

"Good evening." Baekhyun, who clumsily stood in a jify when he saw Kris walking in through the door, pushing off poor Panda from his lap in the process, greeted him stiffly.

 

"Oh.." Kris acknowleged, caught Chanyeol who already stood by his side and gave the younger giant a sudden peck on the neck.

 

Or at least, it's looked like that to Baekhyun's eyes, because the shortest male in the room immediately sent his eyes away and looked fidgety all of a sudden, almost looked like he was wishing he wasn't there. He knew that Kris' eyes didn't left him at all though, the felt lingering and he tried hard not to be looked affected. 

 

But then he heard Kris' teasingly asked Chanyeol, "This's the first time you brought a guy home."

 

"Shut up." The younger giant pushed Kris off of him and somehow looked pink, the tip of his ears though, was cutely red. "Baekhyun is my friend. I invited him to dinner."

 

"I didn't say he's not a friend," Kris talked with a heavy accent and then pursued to talk the rest in chinese, which of course, Baekhyun couldn't follow. But he looked like as if he was intending to

Please log in to read the full chapter