Soysauce Bottle is Rolling To The Edge

As Awesome As Kimbap and Soysauce On Your Tongue
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chap 12 Soysauce Rolling to The Edge

 

Baekhyun sighed as he took a sip of coffee in his hand. To be honest, he's really not a fan of caffeine- he'll chose strawberry milk over the black liquid anytime, but lately he felt like he couldn't function well without at least 2 cups of coffee.  He couldn't help but feel everything's wrong, there's the need to make everything's right of course, it's just he didn't know how. Working in 365 didn't feel the same anymore, everytime the door opened and went ding!, he flinched as if a ton of angry fans would suddenly come swarming in and point their fingers at him. Or worse- Jongin, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Kris, or even Chanyeol himself would walk in with disappointed look painted on their faces because he's the cause of all this mess.

Since the photos were leaked a couple of nights ago, Chanyeol never stopped being mentioned in every single articles-  of how the internet was in chaos because: he's dating secretly and deceived his fans, the fans was shocked that Chanyeol was dating a misterious guy instead of Park Dara, of how disappointed and how big those fans' expectations of Chanyeol to get someone on his level as his lover instead, of how public didn't like the public display of affection because of the kissing photos in front of the minimarket, and of course of how his dating would affect EXO eventually. Some fans were giving positive feedbacks, congratulate him and promised to stay with him and always support him no matter what- but quite a large number also against it because they simply didn't like the misterious guy. One of the forum was having a crash when Chanyeol's fans were discussing about Hyun: he's misterious, who would have know that he's actually an (or a serial killer)  who would deceive and took advantages of our precious oppa? (Jongin sent him the link to make him laugh, because 'really guys?' - but Baekhyun felt even worse after that). Baekhyun knew though, that all of it would have affected Chanyeol, but what tortured the taller the most was probably because Dara also misunderstood and therefore break up with him.

A plane suddenly flew over his head and Baekhyun followed the iron bird with his eyes. He sighed for the nnth time that day, even brooding in his sanctuary didn't help him feel better at all. Watching all the planes landing and take off- imagining his father was in one of it- usually would enlightening his troubled mind but this time around, it didn't help even in the slightest bit. He needed someone to talk to. Someone who wouldn't judge him. There were times when Baekhyun talked by himself while imagining the shadow of his father was there, listening to him. It was always enough back then, just to think that someone heard him was always enough- but this time, Baekhyun really need a help. An input of how he could handle this mess he made. But sadly, as usual, he's alone. Baekhyun chuckled in agony, he was sitting on the metal bench, surrounded by strangers who were busy with their own lifes, dragging their suitcases to God knows where. The airport's high ceiling and the tall glass windows made him feel even smaller and lonelier than ever. Baekhyun stood up, walking straight to the windows,

 

"Hey, Dad.. How are you? I messed up.. Badly.."

 

..................

 

Baekhyun sighed as he was crouching down with a box on the popcorn isle. The stares that followed him since the girls was coming through the door finally stop as the popcorn racks were shielding him from the girls' eyes. They didn't give up though, the girls walked around the racks to the cooler next to the popcorn isle, pretending they were looking for popsicles- and not long after, Baekhyun could feel the piercing stares at the back of his head once again. A long pair of legs in creamy troussers suddenly appeared and shielding him this time. He looked up at Jongin who was restacking chips on the higher rack. The girls became even bolder, they walked around once again to the ramyun racks right behind Baekhyun and Jongin now standing.  

Baekhyun flinched when Jongin suddenly put a bag of chips with too much strength- the onion flavored chips almost bursted out from its packaging, "What are you guys looking at?" he growled.

"Jongin, they are customers," Baekhyun's whispered while tugging the taller's pants.

"Yes, they are customers not some zoo's visitors and we're not some freaking animals, so they should stop staring at us,"

The girls were so shocked, they squeaked and flew out of the store in no time, leaving a bunch of items that they didn't get to buy scattered on top of the cooler. Baekhyun stood up and sigh, "They are the third customers that you scared away, Jongin. If the boss know, he'll be pissed,"

"They didn't intend to buy anything anyway, they're just curious which one of us who kissed Chanyeol hyung, or if we knew something about the kissing incident. Those gossip thirsty witches," the younger one groaned exasperatedly- one hand perched on his waist while the other one rubbing his temple.

Baekhyun worried his lower lip, he felt really guilty because now he made his friend get the annoying and unwelcomed attention too, "I'm sorry, Jongin,"

"No, it's not your fault, hyung. They were probably just had too much time in their hands," Jongin shook his head, he smiled understandingly.

"But still-"

"No, buts, hyung," Baekhyun watched as Jongin bent to take the empty chips' box and walked to the counter. He was waiting the younger's next words because it seemed that Jongin still have something to say. Jongin's putting away the already deflated box behind the cigarette's rack silently, then took a brief look at Baekhyun before wiping the counter,  "You know, hyung. You never really talk about it before, but if you want to, I can always be all ears for you," Baekhyun startled when the younger began, "I just want you to know, I always support you... and Chanyeol hyung no matter what," he felt a sudden rush of brotherly love towards Jongin at those words. The younger surely more than his bestfriend, more like a younger brother at this point. He was always by his side and never failed to cheer him up since Baekhyun's forget when.

"Thank you, Jongin," Baekhyun began, and just like that, he finally told Jongin everything that had been weighting his shoulder all this time. Including his supposed to be secret one sided love- but he didn't think he could keep it by himself any longer.  Jongin was really a good listener. He didn't judge,  not even once he said anything when Baekhyun was pouring all his problems that's been bothering him- not even a single comment or a schrunching nose or skeptic eyes, and Baekhyun thanked Jongin for that. The younger one sighed deeply as Baekhyun was reaching the end of his story.

"So, that's it," Baekhyun smiled a sad small smile.

"I- I don't know what to say, hyung,"

The brunet chuckled, "You don't have to say anything, Jongin. I'm happy enough to have you here, knowing that you're willing to spare your time and listen to me. Believe it or not, it's kinda reducing my stress for a bit," 

"Anytime, hyung," The younger guy smiled back, but then he frowned, "To be honest, at some point, I knew that Chanyeol hyung was kinda had something's  going on with Park Dara, that's why I'm not that shocked when you accidentally mention about it when Sehun was here. I mean, I met her once or twice when I was delivering Kyungsoo hyung's orders in their apartment, and Kyungsoo hyung only shrugged when I asked him about it. Moreover there were already some hush hush about it all over the internet,"

"But you beca

Please log in to read the full chapter