Council Meeting

The Abandoned Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTY six

It was silent. The only sound that could be heard was the crows around the grave. Some were cawing as they flew in circles up in the sky while the others were just on the tree branches, watching the scene in front of them silently with their black, beady eyes. Everyone at the funeral had their head bend down as they wordlessly pray for the dead man named Lee Minsoo. After the mother-and-son duo ended the life of the GreyRaven pack’s alpha, they just left the body there, mainly because they want the others to find it.

Jungmin took a step forward before kneeling on both of his knees. the tombstone with unshed tears, he swore to get revenge for his father. “I swear I will kill each and every one of them, including Do Kyungsoo.”

“No.” Daeyoung looked at the boy—now the alpha of the GreyRaven pack—with eyes filled with seriousness, as if he will kill Jungmin if he touches Kyungsoo. “Touch Jongin and Kyungsoo and you will get it from me.” 

“They killed my father!” The younger male shouted in rage when he remembered how they did not even leave his father’s body in one piece.

“Don’t make me repeat myself. You might be the alpha of GreyRaven now but that does not give you the right to oppose me. Even Minsoo respected my decision and you should not be an exception.”

“Jungmin,” The beta of GreyRaven looked at him. “Alpha Kim loves his son a lot. Remember the first time he came to our place to get a wife for his son? This shows that he still thinks about his son after so many years. You won’t want someone to hurt your son too if you have one, right?”

“Then what about my father?” The tears in Jungmin’s eyes finally rolled down and the young alpha wiped them away angrily. He does not know what to do. Never had he expected his father to die so early. He was not ready to be an alpha and he definitely does not have the same great mind his father had.

Daeyoung squeezed Jungmin’s left shoulder. “We will avenge him, Jungmin. We will kill them all and even the whole town if you want to. Just do not touch my boys.”

Jungmin knows. He knows that if he does not listen to Daeyoung, then it would be a war with the TwoMoons pack AND the BloodCrow pack. He wants to kill every single one of them but he has to think about his pack too. “Fine.” He muttered before walking away, his pack following him.

Daeyoung let out a soft sigh as he watched the son of his best friend walked away. He was not kidding about fighting with Jungmin if that guy were to hurt Jongin or Kyungsoo. The both of them are important to him and he does not want to see any more of the people he loves die. He then faced Minsoo’s grave. “I’m sorry, but my son is my everything now.”

Daeyoung knows that Kyungsoo had taken control over the wolf demon or the boy would have been by his side the moment the fight ended. Now the alpha was not sure if Kyungsoo would be able to defend himself if they were to attack TwoMoons but he was sure he would be the one protecting Kyungsoo and Jongin if he needs to.

 

++

Kyungsoo was on his bed, staring at the crystal stone necklace that was in his palm. Even when D.O. let him take over, the crystal stone was still there around his neck. He does not know if whether not wearing it will make him loose control over his powers so he decided to just keep it. He realised that D.O. was helping him. He could easily summon the demon’s powers whenever he wanted to now and easily control it. However, his combat fighting was still not as good as the rest of his friends.

“Kyung?” Geunyoung knocked on his door of his room that was opened.

“Noona.” He grinned, shoving the necklace into his pocket, silently reminding himself to wear it later.

“We’re leaving. Well, the rest are leaving but I am staying.” She announced and he got out of his room and towards the living room. “Yifan asked us to go back incase the enemy might attack our pack since the alphas are not around. I’m worried about you so I’m staying.”

“But what if they come here? What if you are in danger again? I can control my powers now, Noona. I can take care of myself now.”

She smiled and ruffled his hair. “That still does not stop me from being worried about you, kiddo. If it worries you that much, then I will try to avoid fighting as much as possible okay? I will just be part of the first-aid group.”

“Pinky swear?” He held out his pinky and Geunyoung chuckled before entwining her pinky finger with his.

“Pinky swear.” She said and he smiled.

They entered went out of the house and saw that everyone was prepared to leave. “Bye uncle.” Kyungsoo hugged his uncle and Seokjin patted his back.

“Stay safe.” It was more of a command than a plea and Kyungsoo promised Seokjin he will be safe. Kyungsoo bid Jonghyun goodbye as well and the older male gave Kyungsoo a bone-crushing hug before telling the boy to be safe as well. They did not spend much time together but the both of them had grown attached like how Geunyoung and Kyungsoo are. I guess you can call this the ‘Kyungsoo disease’.

The door to a black van opened and out came Minah. She went to the red-headed male and he immediately pulled her into her arms. “Promise me you will be okay?” She tried not to cry at the thought of Kyungsoo getting injured.

“I promise. You too, Nana. Promise me nothing will happen to you.” He softly whispered as he her hair and she wordlessly nodded. Kyungsoo loves her as much as the TwoMoon pack, only in a different way. “I will miss you.” He mumbled, knowing that this might be the last time he will see her, Jonghyun and Seokjin for the last time before the wolf demon completely takes over his body.

“Me too.”

 

After 10 minutes of non-stop goodbyes, the Pacific and Luminous pack finally left for their hometown, leaving TwoMoon pack and Geunyoung. They were thankful for the help and a bit sad as they were leaving but most importantly, they were worried about what is going to happen. “Minseok, call the council. We are having a meeting in 30 minutes time.” Yifan instructed and the beta went back into the house.

“Luhan, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter