Home

Subtle Love

Warning: small amounts of may be mentioned. XD

 

               “Have you packed your socks?”

               “Yes.”

               “How about your guitar?”

               “It’s out there in the living room.”

             “How about soap? And mosquito repellent? You’re gonna need moisturizer, antiseptic cream…”

               “For God’s sake!” Kris threw his newspaper down on the ground, startling his partner Tao who was busy texting the Tasty twins on his phone. He snapped his head towards the source of his annoyance, who’s currently bugging his boyfriend in the kitchen. “Baekhyun, he’s only going for 3 weeks, not 3 years!”

               “But Chanyeol’s going to Micronesia! Do you have any idea how far that is?”

               “Just a few hundred thousand kilometres from here?”

               “He might as well be on the other side of the world! It doesn’t matter, one needs to be prepared!”

               “Ge, stop yelling at Baekhyun hyung, he’s only taking care of Chanyeol hyung.” Tao stopped his boyfriend’s yelling by cuddling up to his side. Kris sighed. He could never say no to Tao. He peered down at the phone in Tao’s hands, buzzing away.

               “Who are you texting?”

               “The Tasty twins.”

               “For 2 hours? Isn’t it time to stop?”

               “Oh, stop being so possessive over your panda boyfriend and let him text who he wants.” Baekhyun spat back at the leader, trying to gain petty revenge for having being yelled at earlier.

               “I’ll stop if you do.” Baekhyun stuck out a tongue at the M leader, who stuck his back out.

               “How’s packing, Chanyeol?” Suho asked, holding hands with their unicorn member who’s rubbing his eyes sleepily.

               “I’ve just about finished. Can’t seem to think of anything else that needs packing.”

               “Channie, take this chilli paste with you.” Baekhyun handed over a carefully packaged container. “You’re gonna need this to add flavour into your meals. I know you like it spicy.”

               “Thanks babe.” Chanyeol kissed his small lover, who smiled at him before wrapping his arms around the tall member. Chanyeol was leaving to film Law of The Jungle in Micronesia, a tough reality show set in the jungle wilderness of a foreign country. Everyone was thrilled for Chanyeol to join such an amazing show (even if for a short while) but Baekhyun had his doubts. He was worried for the clumsy rapper, and furthermore, how can he survive 3 whole weeks without his Yeollie?

               “Be careful of the insects there Chanyeol, some of them can be deadly.” Yixing advised.

               “Yeah, you never know when a poisonous spider might crawl on your body and bite you in your sleep and the next thing you know, you’re lying in bed with a coma.”

               “Sehun!” Luhan clamped a hand over the maknae’s mouth. “Don’t jinx him!”

               “Chanyeol’s gonna get bitten by a spider?!” Baekhyun widen his eyes in terror while Chanyeol shook his head.

               “No sweetie, don’t be ridiculous!”

               “Nah, you don’t have to worry about spiders.” Kai reassured the couple, and Baekyun heaved a sigh of relief. “What you should worry about, are snakes.”

               “S….snakes?” Baekhyun stammered. He was genuinely afraid of snakes. He gripped onto Chanyeol tighter and Chanyeol tried mouthing to Kai please don’t do that!

               “Yeah, there are tons of poisonous snakes in the wild. There could be a huge python or maybe even a cobra! Once you get stung,” Kai let out a dying sound and fell to the floor dramatically. “You could die.”

               “Chanyeol’s gonna get bitten by a snake?!?!” Baekhyun squealed.

               “Or maybe even drown in the ocean!” Sehun said, faking a drowning noise.

               “Or attacked by head hunters!” Kai said.

               “Or get food poisoning!”

               “Or eaten by lions!” The two maknaes listed as many possible ways to die in the jungle. Baekhyun was shaking his head in fear as Chanyeol tried to stop them. It was Kyungsoo, Kai’s boyfriend, who managed to do so. He grabbed his wooden spatula and smacked them across the head.

               “Ow!” the two maknae’s winced.

               “Stop doing that! You’re freaking Baekhyun out. He’s shivering in fear!”

               “Hannie, Kyungsoo hyung hit me.” Sehun tried, cooing up to his boyfriend. Luhan rolled his eyes.

               “Frankly, I thought you deserved it.”

               “Hannie!” Sehun pouted.

               “Chanyeol, you can’t leave! What if everything that they said happens to you?!” Baekhyun held onto Chanyeol.

               “Don’t listen to them; they are a few shrimps short of a cocktail.” Chanyeol smiled. “I will be fine. Do you trust me?”

               “Yes.”

               “Then trust me when I say, I’ll be home safe and sound before you know it.”

               “Baekhyun, you have to be strong if you want Chanyeol to do well.” Xiumin coaxed his dongsaeng. “It’s going to be safe. They wouldn’t film the show if they knew that place was dangerous.”

               “Plus news of a dead cast member wouldn’t exactly be good publicity for the show.”

               “Kim Jongdae!” Xiumin yelled at his younger lover, who was innocently chewing an apple.

               “What?” he shrugged carelessly.

               “You’ll be safe?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol one last time. Except this one sounded less like a question and more of a plea.

               “Yes, I will be safe.” Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun wished he could be like Chanyeol, always smiling and optimistic. He felt reassured for just a little while as he hugged Chanyeol close and sniffed his scent. He sure was gonna miss this for the next few weeks.

              “We’ll give you two some privacy.” Suho said, dragging Yixing with him as they left the kitchen. The other couples nodded, realizing the need for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to spend some quality time with each other before he leaves the next day.

               “Just one final request,” Sehun piped up. “Can you two please keep it down for tonight? You guys sound like a bunch of wailing wolves at midnight.”

               “Takes one to know one.” Chanyeol smirked as he whisked Baekhyun away in his arms, leaving a very red faced Hunhan couple.

                                                                           ****************

               The next morning was extremely difficult for the couple. Bad enough Chanyeol is leaving modern civilisation for a place in the jungle, he’s also leaving his beloved Baekkie for a few weeks. The two have been inseparable since they first met, so this is going to be an extremely difficult challenge for them.

               They started off being late for breakfast, since the couple refused to get out of bed. Kris and Tao managed to get them out by literally lifting the bed and shaking them out of it. They took forever to actually eat breakfast because they spent too much time holding hands, but Kyungsoo solved the problem by piling his cook books in between the couple so they couldn’t see each other.

               Then came the dreaded goodbye. Chanyeol said farewell to all the other members, who wished him well and be safe. Baekhyun took the longest. He always seemed to have one last thing to say.

               “Oh, Channie, one last thing…”

               “Geez hyung, this better be the last of your ‘one last thing’.” Kai groaned.

               “Yeah, hurry up or he’ll be late.” Tao said.

               “I love you.” Baekhyun said. The whole dorm was enveloped in silence as Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged gazes. With one last kiss, Chanyeol said “I love you too.”

 

                                                                           *************

               Weeks have passed and Baekhyun was nearing his breaking point. He missed Chanyeol so much he was beginning to hallucinate. He could almost imagine Chanyeol in his room, or in the kitchen, or in the studio. Once he woke up in the middle of the night and sat in the living room, thinking Chanyeol was going to come home. It was Xiumin who told him to go back to bed, saying that Chanyeol was not going to return home that night.

               On the actual day when Chanyeol was really supposed to come home, Baekhyun couldn’t sleep a wink. Not that he actually could while Chanyeol was away, but knowing his lover was home in under 24 hours, he couldn’t sleep at all. He didn’t even yawn.

               “Baekhyun, I know you’re excited for Chanyeol’s return, but can you please stop shaking like that?” Luhan put his hand on Baekhyun’s knee, which is shaking violently.

               “I can’t help it. I’m too nervous.”

               “Nervous? I thought Chanyeol coming back home is something you have been looking forward too.”

               “It is, but you know, these things happen. You wait your whole life for something to happen but when it does, it freaks you out. What if he comes back as a changed person?”

               “Baekhyun, the only change Chanyeol is mostly like to go through is his skin getting darker.” Kyungsoo comforted the shaking vocalist. “Not that it’s a bad thing. Tan men are very y.”

               “Hey guys, I’m gonna take a shower.” Kai happened to walk by, and as if right on cue, he was half with a towel around his waist. Kyungsoo bit his lip at the sight of Kai’s toned, muscular body. No matter how many times he has seen the dancer , still the sight of his body made him drool. He turned to Baekhyun and pointed at Kai. “Exhibit A.”

               “Kyunggie, I need someone to scrub my back.” Kai said, motioning for the shorter male to follow him. Kyungsoo jumped to his feet.

               “If I come out within 10 minutes, we can continue this conversation. Any longer than that, you better prepare an extra towel.” He smiled and walked away. Luhan rolled his eyes as Baekhyun watched the Kaisoo couple skip along into the bathroom. He sighed heavily.

               “I miss that.”

               “Taking showers?”

               “No, shower .”

               Luhan laughed at that one. “When he comes back, you guys get to do it whenever and wherever all night long. Oh, except for the kitchen table.”

               “Why?”

               “Xiumin and Chen just used it.”

               “Ew.” Baekhyun’s face scowled at the thought of his Beagle Line friend and Baozi hyung making love on the table. So EXO had a very open policy about relationships and they all agreed that they shouldn’t bar each other from having whenever or wherever (unless absolutely necessary), but still the thought can make your skin crawl.

               In about an hour’s time, everyone was gathered in the living room, waiting for Chanyeol’s return. Kyungsoo and Yixing had dinner ready, the dorm was clean and they had welcome home gifts and even a huge banner prepared. Baekhyun was waiting with baited breath, when finally…

               “I’m home es!!”

               “Chanyeol hyung!!” the maknae’s Sehun, Tao and Kai half tackled their hyung once he entered the door. Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat when he saw his lover finally home, but he sat there and waited. He wanted to be the last to greet him so that he can latch onto him and never let go.

               “Good to have you back.” Kris fist pumped his rapper partner and Kyungsoo gave the tall giraffe a hug. Luhan and Xiumin had prepared a coming home present as everybody else helped to move his luggage into the dorm.

               “Baekkie.” Chanyeol breathed. He stood there, looking at the most beautiful boy in the world, whose eyes are tearing up and fingers knotted together in anxiety.

               “Channie.” Baekhyun choked out and ran straight into the giant’s arms. Hot tears dropped down his face as he sniffed and kissed the man he loved most. The scent, the warmth, the kiss, the smile…oh how he missed it all.

               “I missed you so much.” Chanyeol whispered.

               “I missed you more.” Baekhyun sniffed. He kissed Chanyeol one more time. “Welcome home baby.”

               “God I love you.” Chanyeol kissed him again, harder and deeper and much more passionately.

               “God, you two are gonna sound like wailing wolves again tonight.” Sehun complained, foreseeing the noisy future.

               “Yeah, no sleep again.” Kai groaned.

               “You know, we should all have the same time, so the noises won’t bother each other. Heck, we’re too loud to care for how loud the other person will be anyways.” Everybody stared at Tao, who’s just calmly making his statement.

               “Tao, you are a genius.”

 

A/N: Hey y'all!! I'm back!! I'm sorry for updating so late. Ever since I started the Porcelain Dolls, that story just demanded all my attention, and I have been focusing on that. I'll still come and update here every once in a while now, but you know how writer's block is, so if I can't update frequently, please don't kill me! TT

Here's some Baekyeol for y'all!

  

 

credits to tumblr for all the gifs!