Moonlight Rainbow Kiss

Subtle Love

 

                Sehun woke up to a loud rustling noise in the middle of the night and cursed in his sleep. If there was anything he hated more than having his food stolen, that would be having his sleep stolen. He turned in his bed and realized his other half wasn’t there. Where was his dear Lulu?

                Sehun could never sleep without Luhan by his side, so he forced himself up to look for him. He walked out to the kitchen and found Luhan poking buttons into the microwave, obviously reheating the leftover pizza they had consumed that day for lunch.

                “Luhan?”

                “Oh, Sehunnnie! You’re awake! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.”

                “It’s fine.” Sehun joined his arms at Luhan’s waist and pulled his lover close to his body. He kissed Luhan’s neck and chuckled. “You’re hungry?”

                “Yep. Plus the pizza looked so good. You know I can never resist Hawaiian Chicken.”

                Sehun snickered and turned to another direction, looking at the shoe cabinets. He started counting the shoes. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10…wait, just 10? Where’s another 2?

                “Luhan, why are there only 10 pairs of shoes by the door?”

                “Oh, Yixing is still practicing at the studio.”

                “Then where’s the other one?”

                “You think Suho is gonna let Yixing practice alone?” Luhan smirked and Sehun gave him a knowing look before laughing. Everybody knows that Suho is extra-super-intensely-protective of the group’s unicorn member. Luhan used, and still does; tease the K leader for having feelings for the M lead dancer. Suho would always deny everything, the same way he would deny the fact that his room is a mess, but everyone is sure that he likes Yixing more than a friend. And they are about as sure as the sun would rise, the oceans are blue, Sehun is in love with Luhan, Kai and Kyungsoo did more than just ‘watch Pororo’ in their bedroom (evidence: used condoms and stained sheets), and Chanyeol was always on crack.

                The whole of EXO has that much certainty.

                “I wish Suho hyung would hurry up and confess. Then we can go on double bowling dates together!”

                “But Suho stinks at bowling.”

                “Yeah, but he’s great at paying.” Sehun grinned and Luhan shook his head at his maknae boyfriend.

                                                                     *****************

                Yixing was still in the dance studio. He went through his moves one final time and paused to look at the clock. 12.30 a.m. It’s late, and finally time for Yixing to call it a day.

                You would think after months of relentless dance practice, Yixing would be perfectly content with his art, but nope. He is never content. He’s a perfectionist, right down to the very core of him. He wants and needs to be sure that he is in top form.

                “Yixing? You done?” Suho asked from outside the dance studio. Yixing smiled and nodded. Ever since EXO-M returned to join EXO-K for their comeback, Suho and Yixing would always stay back to practice, whether together or individually. Suho would ask Yixing to practice his dance with him, or sometimes he would head off to the recording booth, either alone or together. Even now that Wolf’s promotions are over, and Growl’s promotions in midway, Suho would still stay back together with Yixing. And he always insisted they walked home together.

                “You know, the night is really nice, wanna head to Han River together? They have some ddeokboki stands there that sell really good ddeokboki and we can bring some back for the others.” Suho suggested, handing over a towel to Yixing.

                “Sure!” Yixing jumped excitedly at the thought of going to Han River. It has been his favourite spot in Korea since he first arrived. He specially loved watching the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain from the Banpo Bridge. Suho and Yixing walked out of SM building, hailed a cab and set off.

                The night was lovely indeed. It was cool and despite it being a summer night, where everyone should be out to enjoy the cool weather, there were only a few people out and about. The only few that remained were couples and small children.

                “It’s so pretty.” Yixing hummed and Suho agreed. He turned to look at the angelic unicorn. You are the even prettier than the night sky…he thought to himself.

                Suho’s little crush on Yixing wasn’t so little anymore. These few days, they got to work more closely together and Suho found himself falling deeper and deeper for Yixing. He just loves the way Yixing’s dimples show on his happy face or his kind heart as he dotes on every member. He loves how caring he is to his fans, or how respectful he is of his sunbaes. He loves how freaking talented the boy is and he loves how selfless he is, always putting others before himself. Best of all, he loves the way Yixing looks at him. When they lock eyes, it’s as if time stopped and all that mattered in the world was just him and Yixing.

Flashback event 1:

                One day, during a fan sign event in Yeioudo  Suho and Yixing were standing next to each other before the screaming fans, When he had the chance to say a few words, he went around complimenting the other members, and he knew Yixing was shy and didn’t liked to say much, so Suho wrapped an arm around his crush and started complimenting him. Yixing wrapped his arms around the leader in response and then something happened that threw Suho off guard.

                Yixing kissed Suho’s neck.

                Suho recoiled to prevent any other further contact as the fans screamed in joy. Sure, he felt his skin tingle and face flush red but he couldn’t hide his big smile and happy laughter. Inside, mini Suho was squealing for joy and jumping everywhere. But the real Suho couldn’t do that. He gave Yixing a little pat on his lower back and continued to talk about the other members before his face blew up and turned into a tomato.

 

Flashback event 2:

                The boys showed up for Naver Starcast: A Midsummer Night’s Growl. Shindong gave the boys a chance to say a few words to each other. Suho had to say something to Yixing. He looked at Yixing who gave him a small dimpled smile and he couldn’t help but melt to his feet.

                “Lay, why are you so nice? Why are you so good at dancing and music? Is there anything you can’t do? How could this happen?” he said. Yixing simply smiled and said “Ah…I see…” as instructed by Shindong.

                But Suho is far from done. Inside, he went “Why are you so beautiful? Why do you have the sweetest smile? Why do you make my heart thump so hard? Why do you make me so crazy for you? Why do you make me care for you so much? Why are you so god damn perfect?”

                All these questions will probably forever remain unanswered and kept secret.

 

                Suho and Yixing sat down on the steps of the concrete platform by the river. They waited for the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain show to begin. Yixing tapped his foot impatiently against the pavement and Suho had to put one foot on top of his to stop him.

                “Stop it. You sound like a jackhammer.”

                “I can’t help it! I’m just so excited!!”

                “I know, just wait, it’ll come.”

                Then, as if it was right on cue, the show began. Endless jets of water spewed into the Han River, creating a majestic view of a giant water blanket. The lights behind it added this lovely spectrum of colours on the water and Yixing just gaped in awe. Even for Suho, who has lived in Seoul all his life, he had to admit that the fountain show still made him mesmerized as well.

                “Wow. It’s so pretty Joonie.” Yixing whispered.

                “Yeah.” Suho nodded. He inched closer to Yixing and looked at him. He was so focused on the show, so Suho put one hand on top of his. Yixing didn’t budge. Suho breathed. He took this as a good sign.

                “I wish I could come here every time to see this.” Yixing said, turning his head to look at Suho. Suho breathed and crossed his fingers. Now or never Kim Joonmyun…

                “Xingie,” he started “I’ve been…having feelings for you…and I…well…I like you. A lot.”

                Yixing stared at Suho with Kyungsoo’s 0_0 eyes, and for a minute, Suho was worried that Yixing didn’t feel the same. It wasn’t until Yixing’s face broke into a smile that he started breathing again.

                “You…like me?”

                “Yeah. I really, no wait, I love you. For the longest time.”

                Yixing’s face turned bright pink. He took Suho’s hand that was on top of his and intertwined it with his fingers. “Good. I like you too.”

                “You’ll go out with me then?”

                “Only if you take me here again.”

                “Xingie, if you wanted to go to Alaska, I would take you there.” Suho laughed. He rubbed the back of Yixing’s hand with his thumb and leaned forward to cup his chin. A little closer, and their lips met.

                Suho has dreamt of kissing Yixing, but this is so much better than his dreams have foretold. Yixing tasted of sweet candy and just…fluffy rainbows and colourful unicorns. His stomach feels like an entire butterfly colony migrated there and his heart was going to explode. The sounds of the fountain spewing into the river served as the perfect backdrop for their first kiss.

                Just like that, Yixing and Suho stayed in each other’s arms for most of the night by the Han River, the promised ddeokboki for the other members have long been forgotten (or eaten, whichever came first).

 

A/N: Some Sulay for y'all!

  

  

Note the other pairs...XD

This means something people! Plus, I've seen the Banpo Bridge Fountain show myself and it is lovely indeed...