Chapter 7

Love On The Court [On Hiatus]

A bit of language. Careful, readers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“So, what’re we gonna learn today?” Gongchan pulled my sleeve as I opened the practice room door.
“I’ll teach you guys how to tut, if you want.” I smiled.
“Yeah! We’re gonna be cool like Maria!” He screamed and threw his hands in the air. Suddenly, I felt a pang of sickness rush through my body. There, Eun Mi stood, pushing herself onto Shinwoo.
“Hey, get a room,” I teased, a fake smile plastered on my face. Eun Mi glared at me, finally strutting towards me, Shinwoo in tow.
“Watch who you get an attitude with,” She growled.
“Why, what’re you gonna do?” I challenged; she slapped me. Shinwoo looked shocked; Eun Mi probably had never gotten this upset over anything.
“What now ?”
“I don’t waste energy on idiots like you.” She pushed me against the wall and continued to slap me. Before I could hold myself back, I pushed her into the ground. She started acting like I had cut off her arm, and cried on the floor. I turned and bolted straight out of the room, running aimlessly out of the Entertainment building until I found myself in the park, right next to the basketball court Shinwoo and I always hung out at. I sat on the grass beside it, overlooking the river next to it. It was always so calming to be there.
“Maria!” Shinwoo’s voice behind me made me jump.
“What? Shouldn’t you be somewhere,” I raised an eyebrow.
“I came to bring you back.”
“Don’t worry about me. Go get your practice done.”
“It’s not really practice unless you’re there with us.”
“What about Eun Mi?”
“Gongchan took care of her,” He grinned and extended his hand. “Now come on.” I hesitated before standing up with his help. We walked back to the building in silence.

“Maria!” Jinyoung and Baro grinned, “Over here!” They waved Shinwoo and I over to a broom closet.
“Let me out!” Eun Mi pounded on the door.
“Never!” Gongchan cackled. “You’ll never be mean to my noona ever again!”
“That ?!” She snickered. “She must be a terrible noona.”
“Don’t belittle Maria!” Sandeul kicked the door.
“You guys locked her in a closet?” I gasped.
“Yeah! She deserves it!” Sandeul continued to kick the door like Chun-Li from Street Fighter.
“Stupid!” Gongchan stuck his tongue out at the door.
“We’re here to look out for you,” Baro hugged me.
“Besides, it’s not every day we get a reason to lock her in a closet. It’s quite fun!” Jinyoung helped Sandeul pound on the door. I bet she had a hell of a headache.
“So cheer up, okay? She’s not a big deal. Actually, if she ever bothers you, we’re always up for this again,” Shinwoo smiled.
“So, who’s the one who locked her in the closet?” Everyone pointed at Shinwoo.
“She hurt you; you had a reason to fight back, but all you did was knock her down. She deserves much more than this, but we have values too.” He hugged me.
“Yeah, if it were me, I’d push her off the Eifel Tower!” Gongchan pouted.
“You guys,” Tears swelled up in my eyes.
“I think it’s time for practice,” Shinwoo wiped away my falling tears and Baro pulled me to the practice room. Gongchan continued to taunt Eun Mi, until he realized he was the only one left in the hallway. Leaving the distressed trainee in the closet, Gongchan happily skipped into the room, ready for some tutting lessons.