Chapter 4

Love On The Court [On Hiatus]

 

“Say ‘cheese’!” I grinned, taking a picture of Sandeul and Karen. We were walking around the city, taking pictures to send to our parents in the States. It had been a few days since I had been out of the WM Entertainment building, much less the practice room we worked in. Our practices were gruesome, but I was willing to work through the pain. It was just nice to get a break once in a while.
“Aww, you guys look cute,” Shinwoo grinned; I nodded and showed them the picture.
“Wow, when did you get to be a good shot?” Karen teased. I used to be terrible at taking pictures, but somehow, over the years, I got better.
“Eh, I dunno. Practice, I guess.” I shrugged as we meandered around the park.
“So, Karen, want to go out to eat later?” Sandeul smiled.
“Yeah! Sounds great!” She blushed, but hid it with a smile. I couldn’t help but smile too.
“Then I guess we’ll go after we get back to the dorms,” He continued to go on about their plans for the evening.
“Sandeul!” I called, a little too late. He had already run into a waist high pole, and was currently laying on the ground, keeled over in pain. “Watch out for that pole!” Shinwoo and I doubled over in laughter.
“Sandeul-oppa! Are you alright?” Karen helped him up off the pavement.
“He’s not gonna be able to have kids!” Shinwoo laughed.
“Thanks for the warning, guys.”
“You’re welcome!”  We high-fived, as Karen strolled off with Sandeul.

                “Should we eat?” Shinwoo and I sat on the couch in my dorm, watching a cartoon: ‘Pucca’.
“Yeah, that sounds good,” My tummy rumbled.
“What should we eat..?” We rummaged through the pantry and fridge. “Aha!” I turned to Shinwoo, who was holding a bag of flour. “Let’s make cookies!”
“For dinner?”
“Well, you know what they say,” He went through the cupboards, pulling out some measuring cups, a bowl, and some spoons, “Dessert first!”
“If you say so,” I grinned and grabbed the flour. I opened the brand new bag; a big cloud of flour appeared in my face. We put all of the ingredients in the bowl and mixed them; I had ‘accidentally’ put two bags of chocolate chips into the mixture, but we weren’t really concerned.
“You’ve got something on your face,” Shinwoo stared at me.
“Where?” My eyes widened.
“I’ll get it,” Before I could stop him, he wiped a glob of cookie dough on my cheek.
“Oh, hey, I think you got a little somethin’ on your shirt, actually,” I took a handful of flour and threw it at him. Our harmless joke escalated into a food fight in less than a few seconds. When I’d throw water at him, he’d throw sugar at me. And when he threw more cookie dough at me, I’d throw a handful of chocolate chips at him. Somehow, I got the worst of the fight, though Shinwoo didn’t have an easy win.
“Aww, Shinwoo,” I grinned mischievously, “You look like you need a hug!”
“No, no, no, no, no,” He backed up into the wall; I wrapped my arms around him and gave him the biggest bear hug I possibly could. “Maria!”
“You deserved a hug, after all that hard work,” I snickered and stepped back. “We did a good job.”
“Yeah, but it’s gonna be a pain in the to clean up.” We smiled at each other.
“Guess we better get to work…”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

There hasn't been a lot of basketball court scenes, but I promise there'll be more! I swear!
Ideas or comments? Put them below! :)