Chapter 3

Love On The Court [On Hiatus]

 

“So, what’s the plan for today?” I broke the silence.
“Well, since you’re our new trainee,” He started.
“Almost trainee.”
“Okay, ‘almost trainee,’” Shinwoo grinned and ruffled my hair, “We get to help you practice!”
“Hm,” I nodded and waited as the elevator descended. The doors finally opened, revealing the receptionist from yesterday.
“Oh, Maria,” She smiled, “I was just on my way to give you this.” She handed me a card key and quickly sauntered back to her place at the counter.
“What’s this for?” I turned to Shinwoo.
“It’s a-“ He was cut off by the elevator door opening.
“There you guys are!” Sandeul lightly punched Shinwoo in the back.
“As I was saying,” He glared at Sandeul, “It’s to get into the different rooms, like the practice room, the pool, and the weight rooms.”
“Yup! It’s the only way to do anything here!” Jinyoung smiled.
“I see,” I held the key tighter, “Ready to go?”
“Yeah! Let’s do it!” Sandeul and Jinyoung shuffled down the left hallway to the practice rooms, with Baro close behind. I started to pull Shinwoo with me, until someone slapped my hand.
“Yah! Get your hands off of my CNU!” Funny, she wasn’t using his real name.
“Your CNU?” I held back laughter. He chuckled uneasily, and tried to pull his arm away from the girl.
“Yeah, is that a problem?” She gave me an evil glare, before smiling at Shinwoo. “Let’s go!”
“G-go where?” She pulled him in a different direction before I could hear the rest. I shrugged and walked in the direction Baro, Sandeul, and Jinyoung went off to; a feeling of hate and resentment inside of me. I’m not jealous. I’m NOT jealous. I don’t even know him that well.
“Who was that freak show?” Sandeul and Jinyoung laughed at me.
“Someone’s jealous!” Jinyoung pinched my cheek. I pushed his hand away and kicked him.
“That’s Eun Mi. She’s a trainee; been here for about a year,” Baro shook his head and held the door open for me, “Don’t let her get to you.”
“Who said she bothered me?”
“The look on your face said it all!” Sandeul continued to snicker at me.
“Hmph.” I stuck my tongue out at him, and walked into the practice room.

 

“You’re doing good,” Baro smiled at me, as we started doing some top rock together.
“It’s what I do,” I smiled back.
“You guys need lives!” Jinyoung yelled from the other side of the room.
“You need a girlfriend!” Baro shot back. I had a feeling a civil war was about to start.
“Hey, hey, guys!” Sandeul held up his ringing phone, “It’s Gongchan!” We stopped out dance and sat down by the others.
“Guys!” Gongchan’s voice projected out from the phone’s speaker; if it was any louder, people outside of the room might be able to hear him. “Can someone come get me?”
“Why? Aren’t you capable of coming downstairs by yourself?” Baro had a confused look on his face.
“I’ll be lonely!” Gongchan pleaded.
“And he might get lost,” Jinyoung scoffed.
“Ah, you guys are mean. I’m glad I’m not related to any of you,” I grinned, “Don’t worry, Gongchan, I’m coming.” I got up and started my long journey to the 9th floor.

 

“Noona!” Gongchan tackled me; giving me a giant bear hug.
“Glad to see you too,” I grinned. He closed the door behind him and tapped me on the shoulder.
“Can I have a piggy back ride?”
“Fine,” I bent down. “You only weigh, like, 90 pounds, right?”
“I’m not that light!”
“You sure look that way,” I rolled my eyes as he hopped onto my back.
“Mush!” He giggled and pointed in the direction of the elevators; I started to jog down the hallway, avoiding other people, and running into walls frequently.

 

                “Left! And mush!” Gongchan ordered as I stepped off the elevator. Shinwoo and that girl…what’s her face? Well, they were in the lobby once again; she seemed to be yapping nonstop. Shinwoo didn’t seem to be paying attention, until we caught his eye. A glare came from him as I made a mad dash for the practice room.
“Woo!” Gongchan slipped down from my back, “You’re really strong!”
“Uhrrrm… Yeah,” I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.
“What’d I miss?” He sat down by Sandeul, who was texting, and Jinyoung, who was messing with the music playing on my iPod. Baro had continued dance practice, so I joined him, as the other three chatted.
“Gongchan!” Shinwoo opened the door, not amused.
“Y-yes?”
“Come outside for a second.” Gongchan scooted along the floor to the door, and went outside with Shinwoo. They walked out of sight.
“Let’s go spy!” Jinyoung pulled me out of the room and down the hall. Hiding behind a corner, we kept ourselves quiet while we listened in on the conversation.
“Don’t get too close. She’s not for you.” Shinwoo said through gritted teeth.
“…Why? She’s my noona!” Gongchan whined.
“Because I said so.”
“That’s not a good enough reason!”
“We don’t need to discuss this.”
“You’re the one telling me to back off, so tell me why! And give me a good reason!”
“I… Don’t need to tell you. Not now, anyways. Maybe later.” He glanced off, a sad look on his face.
“You can trust me!” Gongchan smiled.
“Jinyoung, you’re a terrible spy. Find something more important to spy on,” I slapped him on the back of the head and walked off.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ps. You'll probably have NO idea who Eun Mi is, unless you read the Foreword again. I've added a new addition to the character sheet. :)

Sorry for not updating so often... I've written a ton of stories, but I've NEVER had writer's block this early on. It's pretty pathetic, actually. I'll keep going, but it might be a few days for every update. Sorry D:

If you've got anything that you think I should add... There's a comment box down below; it's a pretty nifty device. Give it a try :)