Chapter 5

Love On The Court [On Hiatus]

 

“Guys!” I banged on B1A4’s dorm room door.  Practice for the day was over and I had been around town searching for something to do. And boy, had I found the perfect time-passer.
“What? What?” Jinyoung opened the door, letting me in.
“Look what I found!” I held up a large paper bag. Sandeul took it from me and dumped its contents out onto the floor. There, in a pile, lay boxes of sparklers, snap pops, and smoke bombs.
“Woah!” Gongchan looked like he had just seen a walking jar of cookies, “Where are we gonna set these off?!”
“Down at the basketball court, if you guys are up for it!” I grinned.
“Is Karen coming?” Sandeul poked my forehead.
“If I tell her you’re coming, then yeah, probably.”
“Count me in!” Baro punched the air in front of him.
“Me too!” Shinwoo smiled.
“Me infinity!” Gongchan pulled Baro up and hugged him.
“All right,” I got up, “Get the fireworks in the bag. I’ll go grab a lighter. And Karen.”

                “Hey!” I jumped as a snap pop hit the ground by my feet. Shinwoo snickered as he looked for more of the small, gunpowder filled snaps, “That’s gonna cost you!” I giggled and started throwing some at his feet too. A war escalated before we finally decided to team up on Baro, who was throwing some snaps at Gongchan.
“Hey! You guys! Chill!” Sandeul yelled at us, as he set off a smoke bomb with Karen.
“Should we light a sparkler?” I turned to Shinwoo, who was already lighting one.
“Here,” My heart beat faster as we held the sparkler together, making shapes like stars and hearts. We even wrote Gongchan’s name backwards somehow. Once it went out, I found myself staring at Shinwoo. He was staring back.
“Uh, I’ll light another one,” I stuttered and shuffled off to the paper bag. I could feel his stare as I lit the tip of the sparkler with the lighter. Once it lit, we shared it again, but this time, he held me closer. What’s this feeling… I feel like my stomach’s about to fly off without me.
“You okay?” Shinwoo whispered.
“Yeah! I’m fine,” I smiled and waved the sparkler around.

                “Karen,” I closed our dorm door; all the fireworks were gone, and the boys had gone back to their dorm to sleep.
“Yeah? Something wrong?” I must’ve had a frown on my face, cause she pushed my cheeks up until I had a smile where the frown was.
“I… Had this feeling.”
“Uh-huh,” She had a scary smile on her face.
“It was when Shinwoo and I were setting off sparklers.”
“Omo!” She squealed and jumped up and down, “You’re in love!”
“That’s what it feels like?” I tilted my head; she nodded and continued jumping around the room, “It felt like a messed up rollercoaster.”
“But it’s awesome, right?!” I paused.
“I like rollercoasters… So yeah,” I grinned.
“She’s growing up!” She gave me a bear hug and made her way to the fridge. I shook my head at her and went upstairs. A rollercoaster, huh? Then this is gonna be one hell of a ride.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I meant to post this on the 4th of July. I was off by a few hours. Darn.
Sorry I haven't been updating as much. I try, really.
Tell me how I'm doing! I feel as if I'm not doing enough to please you guys >_>