Chapter 6

Love On The Court [On Hiatus]

 

“Urrgh!” I stretched as Gongchan held their door open for me. We had just gotten out of practice, and there was still no sign of Sandeul.
“Good job today,” Baro patted me on the back.
“Yeah, thanks,” I grinned. Shinwoo and Jinyoung plopped on the couch, turning on the TV to some cartoons.
“Man, where is Sandeul?” I leaned on the counter; we hadn’t seen him since our lunch break. He just disappeared. We all thought about it, and in our silence, we noticed the shower running, with the door cracked just a little.
“I’ll see if that’s him,” Shinwoo stood up and pushed the door open cautiously.
“Yah!” Sandeul yelled.
“Sandeul! Where have you been?!”
“Nowhere,” Him and Karen stood in the bathroom, fully clothed, but obviously hiding something.
“What’s that in the shower?” I stood in the doorway by Shinwoo.
“Nothing,” Karen scooted closer to Sandeul.
“There’s something behind you,” I pushed them out of the way. In the shower sat a small Shiba Inu puppy.
“Awww,” I squealed and stuck my face to the glass keeping the dog in the shower. Its tail started to wag as it sniffed the glass where my face was.
“You guys!” Shinwoo smacked his forehead, “You can’t have a dog in here!”
“Shinwoo, please, can we keep him?” Sandeul and Karen started to beg.
“No.”
“Please?” They were on their knees now.
“I said no.” I went over to Karen and Sandeul and kneeled with them.
“Pleeease?” I whined. He looked away, and again, I could’ve sworn he was blushing.
“…Fine.  But he’s your problem, Sandeul.”
“Yes!” Sandeul jumped up; Karen hugged Shinwoo, and then danced around with Sandeul in the small bathroom. I tackled Shinwoo and hugged him, burying my face in his chest.
“Thank you,” He hugged me back.
“Heh, don’t worry about it.”
“Karen!” Sandeul and Karen were in the shower, about to start the dog’s bath again, when she sprayed him with the nozzle.
“No!” She giggled as he squirted soap at her.
“Maybe we should leave?” I asked, looking up at him.
“How about we add to it?” He grinned and flushed the toilet. As in my dorm, when you flushed the toilet, the water in the shower got unbearably hot.
“Shinwoo!” Sandeul stuck his face to the glass and made faces. The dog started to bark and splash water at both of them.
“Now, we leave,” He lead me out of the bathroom and back into the living room, where we watched TV together. A note on the counter indicated that Gongchan, Baro, and Jinyoung went out for ice cream.

Soon after ‘Pucca’ was over, the puppy came out of the bathroom, fluffy and clean, following Sandeul and Karen, who were soaked to the bone and covered in lavender smelling soap. The puppy yipped a few times before curling up and falling asleep on Shinwoo and I.
“Aww look, they look like a family,” Karen teased. I threw a pillow from the couch at her, which she dodged, but Sandeul didn’t.
“Bah!” He yelped as the pillow smacked him in the face.
“It was her!” Karen pointed.
“Oh yeah?” He walked over and sat on me.
“Oof! Get off me! You’re too fat!” I tried kicking him; it only ended in failure. We continued to argue, as Karen laughed, and Shinwoo tugged at him to get off.
We really ARE like a family.  I smiled to myself as Shinwoo and I teamed up to beat down Sandeul with pillows.