It's not working...

My Fat Daughter

 

As promised, I went to the gym with Appa the next day. I apologized to Yoonji unnie.

“There is nothing you should apologize for, dear…” Yoonji unnie hugs me.

“So, Yoonji-ah. What is your plan?” Appa asks.

“We’ll start from her diet. Yesterday she had taken an inquiry with me. I had analyzed it through the night and I came up with this. She needs to undergo a healthy diet and you, as her father must control what she consumes. How come you manage to maintain this body by eating good foods but ignoring your daughter?” Yoonji unnie babbles.

“Ahh, Yoonji. I love my daughter that is why I treat her like this.” Appa laughs.

“Jinhee-ah, I thought you want to surprise your Appa?” Yoonji unnie looks at me.

“Yeah, it was my plan to make a surprise but it seems like Appa and I have sort of connections like telepathy that he actually knows where I was yesterday. I think Appa implanted GPS in my body since I was a baby.” I laugh.

“There’s no such thing, honey. You have been living with me for 16 years and whenever you’re trying to do something weird, I’d know it by the first glance.” Appa pats my head.

“So, shall we start to schedule the routine?” Yoonji unnie interrupts.

“Sure.” Appa and I answer in unison.

 

One week, I managed to cut off 5kg.

2nd week, another 7kg drops.

3rd week, I gained 4kg. Blamed Appa for bringing home pizzas (note the plurality) and carbonated drinks.

4th week, I had exams and didn’t manage to go to the gym, so I gained another 5kg. Again, blame Appa because he made me coffee and cooked so many things so that I could stay up at night.

 

I stand in front of the mirror.

“IT’S NOT WORKING!!!” I screamed.

Appa dashed into my room. “Why, what’s happening?” Appa asks.

“Appa…” I started to cry.

“What’s wrong?” Appa comes closer to me and hugs me tightly.

“The prom is in a week and I didn’t manage to get a suitable dress for me…I can’t wear Omma’s dress yet because it’s too small for me.” I sob on his chest.

“Aww, don’t worry. It’s not easy to get a perfect body. It needs times.” Appa rocks me back and forth to hush me.

“Just how long do I need?”

“3-4 years??” Appa answered.

I cry even louder.

“No, no, I mean 3-4 weeks.” Appa corrects himself.

“I’ve been on diet for a month already!!!” I cry.

“Okay, then you has to endure just another month.” Appa grins widely.

Appa, you are usually smart but at times like this you eventually turn out to be a dumb. I’m sorry Appa…