I'll just move on...

My Fat Daughter

 

As I promised, I return to the shop the next day. But he isn’t around. I sigh and take a seat near the window. Yui will be here anytime.

“May I have your order, miss?” A deep voice startled me as I was about to send a text message to Yui. I look around.

The guy is smiling at me with a piece of paper on his hand.

“I would like to have…err…” I think hard on what I should order. The guy’s presence scatters my mind away.

“Miss?” he asks again.

“I WANT YOU!!” I screamed because he surprised me with the light touch on my shoulder!!!

He looks at me weirdly. “I am not for sale, sorry.” Then he turns around and went away. I sigh. Why did I do that?!!

I was about to leave when Yui arrives. She stops me at the entrance.

“Jinhee-ah, where are you going?”

“I did something embarrassing just now.” I hid my face behind my palm.

“Really? Tell me! Let me clear it up for you.” Yui takes my hand and drags me inside.

“Never mind, Yui-ah…” I said, refuse to look around. I stare at my toes.

“Arasso, I will figure it out later.” She pushes me to the table.

“Who is your boyfriend, anyway? Why are you here alone?” I ask.

Yesterday Yui called me and she extremely excited and wants me to meet her new boyfriend. So we decided to meet here, today.

“I’m not alone. He’s here already. He’s working here as a part timer.” Yui grins widely.

“Part timer?”

“He’s a student at Seoul National University.” Yui looks around, perhaps looking for her boyfriend.

I gulp as I saw the guy I admire the most came to us. He changed his outfit already. I look at Yui when he suddenly stops at our table.

“Yui.” He calls.

Yui looks up and smiles happily as she stands up and hugs the guy.

“Han Taewoon.” She said.

The guy smiles awkwardly as he looks at me. I cross both my index fingers, warning him not to mention anything about what I did just now. His small eyes narrowed and finally he mouthed ‘arasso’, agrees with me. I lift up my thumb as I grin widely.

“Jinhee-ah, this is my boyfriend, Han Taewoon. Taewoon oppa, this is Jinhee, my best friend, Siwon ahjussi’s daughter that I told you before.”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” Taewoon hold up his hand to me.

“Hi.” I shake his hand.

“What do you think about my friend, oppa?” Yui asks.

Taewoon smiles. “Jinhee is cute. I hope she can be my best friend too.”

Suddenly my phone rings. I look at the number.

“Yui-ah, your appa calls.” I said, looking at Yui weirdly.

“Answer it.” Yui stands next to me.

“Yobeoseoyo?”

“Jinhee-ah, ahjussi can’t reach your appa. Are you with him?” Donghae ahjussi asks.

I sigh, glaring Yui.

“Ahjussi, appa is not in this country for a week, have you forgotten?” I laugh a bit.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot. Mianhae for disturbing you. Are you with Yui right now?” Donghae ahjussi asks.

“Umm…” I look at Yui who already shook her head. “She tells me to say no.”

“Yah, Jinhee-ah!!” Yui scolds me. I laugh frantically as Yui grabs my phone.

“Arasso, Appa. I’ll be around here, so don’t worry okay? Stop worrying like I’m a baby, Appa. I’m a big girl now. Arassoyo…Appa, saranghae.” Yui ends the conversation with her sulky face.

“Thanks to you now I have to cancel my date with Taewoon oppa.” Yui pinches my arms real hard.

“It’s good for you.” I said innocently.

Yui pouts. “Now I have to face Appa. To make it worst, we’re having dinner with Hyukjae ahjussi. I hate him.”

“Sigh…you should be grateful that your Appa is around to have dinner with you. I should make my move first. I need to buy something for dinner.” I pull my bag.

“Why don’t you join us?” Yui looks at both me and Taewoon.

“Me too?” Taewoon asks.

“Yeah, why not?” Yui smiles widely.

“Thanks, but no thanks. I should head home now.” I said as I kiss Yui on her cheeks.

“Take care, Jinhee.” Taewoon’s words somehow make my heart feels like exploding.

I smile and run to the taxi that stopped to drop the passenger. I sigh. I look behind, Yui and Taewoon walks hand in hand.

“I’m praying for your happiness, Yui.” I mumble as I try to forget Taewoon oppa…