Knowingly Losing

Destructive Satisfaction

Minho's POV

"Wow, you really haven't changed anything." Onew commented as he looked around the familiar room that hadn't changed in the slightest since last time he'd been here. Which was about four years ago.

"Did you miss coming here?" I asked as I jumped onto my large bed. "We've had a couple rooms remodeled and a few added but my rooms pretty much the same. I'm sure you'd be able to navigate around here perfectly anyway."

"Of course." Onew smiled sweetly and climbed onto the foot of my bed. "I even bought you half of those books and picked out this bed with you." He smirked in remembrance.

"Onew..." I started but ended up hesitating as Key came into mind.

"What is it?" Onew wondered.

"I'm sorry." I looked at my hands and felt like a weight was being lifted off my chest. "For everything. I'd take it all back if I had the chance. I promise that I'll be better from now on."

"Why all of this now?" Onew stared up at the ceiling and I couldn't read his expression.

"Well, I don't have many opportunities to apologize." I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. "And I think I can finally stand up to Key now."

"Kibum..." Onew's expression became hard as the name slipped through his lips. Next thing he did was lock eyes with me seriously. "He's planning something. Isn't he?"

"Um..." I swallowed hard. How was I supposed to answer this? Yes, Key was going to seduce Taemin tonight and have you there to watch it all.

"It involves Taemin." Onew said knowingly and his face turned soft as a more comfortable name was brought up. "You need to understand that I need to protect him. I can't if I'm not sure what Kibum is thinking."

"Onew..." I cocked my head to the side and narrowed my eyes at the older boy whom I'd looked up to for so long, I'd never stopped. "What is Taemin to you?"

His eyes widened at my sudden question and he looked down nervously. I knew him well enough to see through his actions. Even if he showed it subtly I could tell. There was no way I could go through with Key's plans this way.

"You love him?" I found myself leaning in towards him so I could see his face just a little bit.

"Just tell me what Kibum's doing." Onew said flatly but his eyes confirmed my suspicions.

"I'm against it." I started. I sighed in defeat and figured I couldn't lose anything more. "He plans to make Taemin fall in love with him. He must know how you feel about Taemin and is trying to mess with both of your feelings. He's just using Taemin to hurt you."

Onew slowly stiffened as the words went from my mouth to his ears. He was completely tense by the time I had finished.

"And is that why you called me over?" Onew quickly put everything together, not giving me time to make up an excuse. "He's using you too just to get back at me? Fine, I'll just go willingly to see their little date."

"Onew it's not-" He cut me off.

"It's fine. I want to be there to stop Key from hurting Taemin." Onew said confidently.

"But you're just walking right into his trap." I mumbled quietly but Onew could still hear it in the silent room.

"Trap?" Onew scoffed. "The same Kibum who cried when I didn't make his ramen right is still in there somewhere. It's just hidden behind what he put himself in. He won't get anywhere if he continues to be afraid of himself."

"So you're saying...?" I wasn't sure what Onew was getting at here.

"I'll play his game and I'll knowingly be the loser. Losing meaning that I'll react how Key expects. But I'll win Taemin." Onew explained.

"You're so confusing, Hyung." I shook my head at him.

"It'll make sense. But we shouldn't just be sitting here." Onew sat up and pulled me to stand with him. "Let's go observe a little date."


Oh. Well.

Yeah.

I don't know where I want this story to go or end and I know I don't have a lot of readers but I would like those of you to please vote on this poll.

 

 

 

:)

Thank you~

Oh, here's a treat.