Tale 5 - Two Princes

Cinderella's Stepsister

Tale 5


The party, you see, was the typical high class party everyone could have imagine. All the glamorous people, luxurious interior, and—of course—the grand diner—my one and only interest—were in here. I found myself gape open at the party over and over again, it was such a relieved that Jessica had borrowed this dress or else I would be the ugly duckling in the middle of swans.

Since Jessica herself had already gone somewhere with her boyfriend—like I had expected, I drowned myself with the four stared restaurant standard food that I could never resist from.

“Have quite good time, don’t you?” A soft husky voice—that I had heard somewhere recently—suddenly come from the supposed to be empty seat—since Jessica left me—beside me. I turn my head only to find the certain man I really didn’t want to meet.

“I’m glad you enjoying yourself here,” he added while smirking in a way I was sure he were being sarcastic right at that moment. It’s not that I was being negative, but I knew for sure this kind of people. “Since look like I have offended you back then in the theatre.”

“I wasn’t hurt.” I said curtly, putting the spoon and the fork on the side of my plate, already losing my appetite toward the piles of food in front of me. It meant something you knew, I lost my appetite.

“If you weren’t then you are naturally violent?” He sound so innocent, so oblivious, so naïve, yet so fake.

“Yes.” I said while glaring exactly to his eyes, “I am. My hands are always so itchy to punch anyone who dares to annoy me.”

“So, am I annoying you right now?” he asked with an exaggerating terrified expression. There he goes again.

“Of course not.” I laughed mockingly, obviously being sarcastic.

“Good then,” he answered happily, grinning like a boy again, “Because I don’t want to be punched in my birthday party.”

Of course he didn’t want to. I thought while rolling my eyes. Such a kid and his birthday party. What… Wait. Who’s birthday party again? What did I just heard? I looked at him with widened eyes, and the boy in front of me just smirking triumphantly again… How I want to rip that crooked smile from his face!

“You look shock,” he began, “Don’t tell me you don’t know that this is my party?” he asked with a fake hurt expression. At this point I realized why he wanted to become the part of drama club. He and his acting skill!

I hastily took my glass of water and gulped it in one shoot. How..? How could it be…? Oh, now I remembered Tiffany once said about Cho’s Party? And this man name was… Damn it, Choi Sooyoung, how could you be this stupid!

Cho Kyuhyun. My mother’s fiancé’s bestfriend’s son. Seohyun’s father’s bestfriend’s son. So complicated yet so simple.

I opened my mouth to retort back but then closed it again, really lost in words. But then the surge of relieve filled my heart as a familiar tall man walking closer to this table. A stupid smile made its appearance in my face.

“Sooyoung!” Oh, there he come my savior! “Finally I could find you–oh! Hey, Kyu, you’re here..”

I was still smiling in relieve when Kyuhyun looked at me and that certain tall person back and forth, his expression was a mix from shock and confused, “Changmin,” he greeted the tall person, “You know her?”

“Well, yes, she’s famous, right? Who doesn’t know her? The evil stepsister?” I took back my word about him being my savior. This was Changmin we talked about after all, the wicked Shim Changmin. Look at him right now, smiling at me innocently as if he had just flattered me even though I was technically killing him with my murderous glare. Oh, how I want to kill him right now. “Apparently, you’re quite close with her, aren’t you, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun laughed, “I’m just accompanying her. She was alone back then.”

“What a good host you are,” Changmin said, “You can go now, you know. You have a lot more guest to take care of, right? I can accompany her.”

“So, you shooed me, huh?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Of course, just go away…” Changmin said while waving his hand, shooing him playfully. After punching Changmin in the shoulder lightly and muttered some words I couldn’t hear, finally that Kyuhyun gone from my sight. I sighed in relieve.

“What was that about?” I snapped after Changmin sat at the seat Kyuhyun used before.

“Helping you?” Changmin shrugged, “It’s pretty obvious that you want Kyuhyun to go away.”

“Not that, but the famous part and all,” I pouted then I frowned, wait, how could he know..? Or rather… noticed? “But… Am I that obvious? I thought I was–“

“Good actress? Yes, you’re. It’s just me that know you so well.” He said nonchalantly then took the plate in front of me, eating it like there were no tomorrow.

I didn’t know why I found it more interesting to learn Changmin’s figure which from this side was quite a good sight, him eating like that. I didn’t mind though he was eating my food, since I already lost my appetite.

But the more important thing is I never really thought someone would actually know me like this. I never knew Changmin understood me this much.

“Wow…” I said, “I don’t know you’re actually this sweet.”

“Of course. I’m shooing my bestfriend for you. Then what did you pay me with? You snapped at me. You are the worst, really.”

“But you made a joke about my ‘popularity’!” I raised my voice, remembering again why I snapped before.

Changmin choked on his food and looked at me while laughing, that uneven eyes of his made its appearance again, “You’re unbelievable. You already know it was a joke, then why are you angry? And it was you who like to talk about how famous you are, right?” He raised his hand to reach my hair, and I, being really cautious of the hair Hyoyeon spend an hour on, caught his palm before he messed my hair,

“And you stole my ice-cream.” He added while pulling my hand which caught his hand, making me closer to him. I flustered a bit, seeing how close his face to me was, but he just chuckled, his eyes lingered to my face as if examining it.

“It’s because you’re annoying!” I stuttered, couldn’t look at him in the eyes. “Beside, you’re demolishing my food right now!”

“You know what? I’ve just realized that you’re a girl, seeing you dressing up like this.” He joked, already loosening his grip to my hand, and leaned back to his seat, smiling with his famous mismatched eyes.

“Yah!” I shouted, but again, his respond was just laugh, “Just say it if I’m pretty, don’t make excuses, Min.”

“So full of yourself as always, Soo.” He laughed over and over again.

And I tried so hard to breathe properly.