Tale 2 - Shadows

Cinderella's Stepsister

Tale 2


They said Choi Sooyoung was a y who stole everyone’s man… just like her mother. She was an easy girl who dated and slept with anyone just like her mother. She got a lot of boyfriends that she played them around. And so on, so on. Well, I have that kind of image. My infamous mother was attached to my name too much. Everything I do, everywhere I go... It naturally became “Just like her mother”. My mother is way too famous for her own good… or my own good, to be exact.

The truth is… I was a faithful person. I only had one last-long relationship. The one I love entirely without a doubt. Everyone could talk everything they want, but I am really am a faithful person.

So this is my eternal love. Food.

I guess my love to food made me an easy girl. I always say yes to anyone who offer me food or they called it date, but everything I recognized in the whole process was the food, so offer me food it is. But I don’t sleep around with any boy, it just doesn’t make sense, I only ate. I can’t understand why on earth they attach food with , it’s just illogical.

“Aww.. Our Changmin-Oppa is deceived by that ! She is not even beautiful! !”

“What did she do to our Changmin-Oppa!! She will get it!”

“I don’t know Changmin-Oppa like an easy girl!”

Other than my mother, there is this one more person who’s way too famous for his own good. My food buddy. Okay, I know it’s a weird nickname, but it’s just the way things are. So this is my food buddy, Shim Changmin, who shared the same amount of love to food just like me. But, he is, you know… those kind of too handsome buddy who had too many fans without even doing anything. Oh, I have to correct that, he is not exactly doing nothing. He is in a band with some senior, and well, that band is glorified like a god in this university.

“You’re ruining your popularity if you kept hanging out with me.” I talked nonchalantly with a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. He just shrugged his shoulder and ate his own big-sized ice cream.

“You’re ruining your band’s popularity if you kept hanging out with me.” I said again.

“Don’t be too full of yourself. You’re not that good to ruin the hyungs’ popularity.” He finally said with a crooked smile in his face.

“I’m not full with myself. I’m full with ice cream.” I murmured which let out a chuckle from him.

“Are you sick or something? You never get enough of ice cream, and now you’re already full? Is that means I can have yours?”

“Hell no! I’m just kidding. Soo doesn’t share food!” I stuck out my tongue and then ate my ice cream faster, preventing Changmin’s evil side to kick in and stole my ice cream.

“Such a kid.” He murmured but had that crooked smile on, making his eyes became endearingly uneven, which were so cute that I had to really concentrate at my ice cream to distract myself from the thought of chopping those eyes. With this little tiny spoon in my hand.

“I became more famous nowadays. Maybe now, I am ‘that good’ to ruin your hyungs’ popularity.”

“You mean ‘the evil stepsister’ things?” He said then laughed out loud. “Soo, The Evil Stepsister,” he said again and laughed even harder.

“Yeah, my evilness will ruin you.” I shrugged, then grabbed Changmin’s Ice cream, and ate it as fast as I could, which instantly, made Changmin stopped laughing. I had a record to eat three scoop ice creams in five sec, and it came handy at time like this. Soon after the ice cream gone, I grabbed my bag and run for my live. Than losing his eyes, I think losing his ice cream was a little nicer and paid vengeance a little better. Right?

“Ya! Sooyoung!” shouted Changmin on top of his lung. Everyone attention must had been on us by now, with all the ruckus that we made. But anyone attention never really matter anyway. So I laughed, I laughed so hard.

There’s this kind of run, even if you run for your live, but you kept laughing, even though you have to stop laughing to run faster, but you just couldn’t stop. In short, you run happily? Yes, it does sound weird but it does make sense, right?

Aah... The feeling of happiness was overwhelming. This is a kind of effect that food did to me. From exhausted state to this cheerful one.