Tale 3 - Acts

Cinderella's Stepsister

Tale 3


I love acting. It comes naturally to me. The feeling to life in another person’s live. Because deep inside, there’s this hidden wish… That I don’t want to life as Choi Sooyoung anymore. Was that the same reason my mother became an actress? I don’t know… Since my mother didn’t actually do her job as an actress.

People mocked me for being here, because they said I was following my mother’s path. Really, my mother’s name is extremely hard to be shrugged off. I stayed despite the other’s mockery, just because, this drama club was the only thing in the world—in my world to be exact—that closed to the word ‘home’.

It was hard at first. They underestimated me. But after they saw me act, I’m proud to say that they enchanted with my talent. They became the family I longed to have.

“Sooyoung! There’s a new member!” said Yuri excitedly as I put my bag on the floor. I looked at her with a raised brow. I guessed it was a handsome guy, since Yuri became this excited. “He is so handsome!” Ha! Told you so!

“More handsome than Siwon and Donghae?” I asked, mentioning the two most handsome members.

Yuri closed her eyes and put her index finger on , as if she were thinking so hard. “He looks like Siwon, though.” She finally said. “And he had an extremely beautiful voice! Even Leeteuk-Oppa instantly chose him as the main lead of the end-year musical.”

“Wow, wow, wow... Slow down… The End-year musical has been decided?” I said, perplexed.

Yup, serve you right not to come yesterday.”

“And the main lead is not Siwon?” I said again, with widen eyes now.

“Hmm… We are kind of playing a mixed plays, so there will be more than a pair of main leads. It’s not fixed yet, though. Maybe three pairs of main leads. The fixed main leads are Taeyeon-unnie, Kyuhyun, and Siwon.”

“Kyuhyun?”

“The new guy!” she smiled from ear to ear. I just nodded and mouthed an “Oooh..”

“Maybe we can play Cinderella’s stories and you can play the role of stepsister,” said an annoyingly familiar voice. The only part in the Club which I hate was the most annoying member, Tiffany, who purely hated me. I don’t even know why she hated me so much.

“Oh, well, that’s a good idea, since you must have longed to play a role as dirty rat and helped Cinderella.” I crossed my arm in the chest and looked back at her. “Although your face looks like Rumplestilskin, I do hope you have a better role as... rat, right?”

“Girls… Stop this.” Taeyeon hold Tiffany arm, preventing her to launch her body at me, which she almost do if the older girl didn’t there.

“This is getting exciting, Taeng… Why do you cut it off?” said Heechul with his typical mischievous grin. “Let’s see the cat fight.”

“Stupid, Kim Heechul. This is not a catfight, this is Tiffany commit suicide.” Jessica shook her head exasperatedly then she looked at Tiffany, “Why are you even here? I thought you said you wanted to get out from the club. Just get out. Why are you still here?”

“Why are you still here? You’re never part of this club anyway!”

“Like I wanted to be in the same room as you,” Jessica said coldly then pointed to the opened door, where two men just came, one of them was Donghae, Jessica’s boyfriend, “I come for that guy.”

“Wow, everyone come early today,” said Donghae cheerfully, walking to the center of the hall where everyone and I were. Beside him, there was an unfamiliar man. From his prince-like aura and handsome look, I instantly knew he was the one that Yuri talked about. “But… What’s with the mood?” Donghae added with a frown after sensing the atmosphere. Wow. Kind of shocking that Donghae was actually fast enough to realize the circumstances, he didn’t use to… you know… this fast.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” Heechul shouted, dragged the Kyuhyun guy closer to us, then he put his arm around the tall guy shoulder, “Let’s join the catfight!”

“Catfight my ,” scoffed Jessica, rolling her eyes with her arm crossed in the chest like queen that she might had been in her past lived.

Taeyeon gave us a look which instantly made the ruckus died down. This is how great Taeyeon’s charisma was. She cleared and turned her head to the tall man, “Kyuhyun-ssi... This is the member who doesn’t come yesterday, our best actress, Sooyoung.” She said, referring me. I glanced at the guy, with my arm still crossed in the chest. I must look like a little bit arrogant, but to put down my arm right now was… awkward. And a little bit arrogant is good. It is good on Jessica, it might be good on me too.

“No, I’m not... Yuri and Yoona are way better than me.”

Yuri laughed bashfully and hit my arm, “No way, Soo are the best, she can sing too..”

A one sentence from the new guy instantly made Yuri silent, well, actually the whole hall became silent, “The Evil Stepsister?” he asked while seeing me from head to toes, as if inspecting me with his raised brows.

The high-pitched laugh from Tiffany was a boom in the silent… and for my long-suppressed patience.

I couldn’t even remember anything but a shock in Tiffany’s face, and the teary-eyes in her famous half-moon eyes, oh, I just realized, apparently I had just slapped her.

My action gave quite a shock to everyone in the room, it’s written all over their face. At that time I couldn’t even care about anything, my chest was rising, and my mind was as if it was going to explode any moment.

Had I mention something about tiring day?

“I’m quite famous, am I?” I shouted at the new guy in his face then walked out of the room fuming.

This was a really bad day indeed.