How Did We Meet? (Opening Part 1)

This, Too, Shall Pass Away [VERY SLOW UPDATE]

Hyo Hee's POV

 

3 years before, in Year 2 Class 1, Chung Chun Middle School.

 

"Good morning, class."

 

It's Korean period now. Our teacher walked into the class and greeted us like usual.

 

"Class, I'm going to arrange your seats again today."
"Arrange the seats again?!" 
"That's right. If I call your name, please take your belongings and sit where you're supposed to sit."
"Ne..."

 

I didn't concentrate at all. I was out of my mind and looking at the window. The scenery is beautiful and it looks so peaceful. Our teacher called some of my classmates' name and they reluctantly changed their seats. 

 

"Ha Hyo Hee-ssi!" Suddenly, our teacher called my name.
"Ne, songsaengnim!"

"Go to sit besides Woo Hyun-ssi." 
"Ne."

I have no idea to sit besides Woo Hyun. I'm not really know him well but I only know he's one of my classmates and now being my deskmate.

 

After I changed my seat, our teacher continued calling the other students. We're sitting and watching the teacher. It's too awkward.

"Annyeong, I'll be your deskmate from now on." Woo Hyun broke the silence between us.

"Er...Annyeonghasaeyo..Er...Yeah...That's right...Maybe...We can be...Best friends..." I greeted him awkwardly.

"Hey, don't be so awkward in front of me. We can talk comfortingly."
"Yeah, but...I don't really know you well..."
"Gwaenchana. We'll know each other soon." He gave me a warm smile while saying.


It's been a year now, Woo Hyun and I still being deskmates, and buddies as well. We always talk each other's life, study together, play and hang out, sometimes we will fight for anything. Everyone thought that we're dating each other, but obviously NOT. 

 

"Yah, Ha Hyo Hee!" Woo Hyun came towards me when I was taking some books from my locker.
"What are you doing here?"

"Aniyo, I just want to tell you we're going to hang out today."
"Yah, school exam is coming soon! Aren't you going to study?"

"Aigoo~Wuri Hyo Hee wanna study today. It's not her style by the way..." He pinched my cheeks and said.
"Yah, stop pinching! You know I always worry about your exam results right?"

"Aww~Fine. I'll find someone to hang out with me since you're not going today. I'll leave now." He stopped pinching my cheeks and left.

 

"Hyo Hee ah!" It's one of my friends, Lee Ji Eun, who is well known as IU, came towards me.

"Oh, Ji Eun! What's going on again?"
"Umm..." She looked everywhere around us, made sure there was none of the students here.

"What is it?"
"Umm...I just want you to answer my question."
"What question is it?" 

"Who...do you love?"

"Mwoh? You're coming here and just wanna ask me this question?" I was too shocked when I heard the question.
"I...can't answer you."
"Wae?"
"Well, I don't know my feeling." I answered and back toward her.

"Gwaenchana, I'll give you some time to think, or else I'll find out myself."
"Ne, araseo."

 

After that, I didn't talk to Ji Eun that much. She knew I don't want to tell her the truth and found it out. Then, she spread the scandal to the whole school and every student knew it. 

 

One night, I was thinking about the rumors in my bedroom.It was too confused to me.

"Neowa naui jeo haneureul geomge muldeurin jeo ibyeoreul eoseo jiwojwo..." My phone rang in a sudden. I saw Woo Hyun's name on my phone screen and pick it up.

"Yeobosaeyo? Why are you calling in the late night?"
"Aniyo, I'm too bored and I had no one to chat with me." Woo Hyun pouted.
"Fine. What's your problem by the way?"
"Umm...You have to answer this question honestly. If someone asked you who's your crush, would you tell him or her?"
"Why are you asking that?"
"I just want to know, okay? Tell me your answer! Ppali!"
"Okay...I think I may tell him/her, but depends on who's the one asking me. But wait, I heard this question from somewhere too!"

"Oh, where and when did you hear from?"
"I can't remember but it's a long story anyway."
"Then, if someone tells you he loves you, what do you do?"

"Depends on who's the one too."

"Ah...Is that so? Anyway, I have to sleep now. See you at school tomorrow!"
"Ne."


A month is over, the rumor that Ji Eun spread has ended. Woo Hyun and I kept denying the rumor last month. Woo Hyun said he fell in love with his neighbour and I don't love anyone. However, some students still believe the rumor, such as our classmates.

 

On this day, I did not come to school because I was sick and I needed more rest. However, one of my best friends, Lee Ye Jin, well known as Ailee, took advantage of my absence and asked Woo Hyun a personal question.

"Yah, Woo Hyun ah!" She called and walked towards him who was studying.

"Ne, what is it?"
"Can I ask a personal question? We really want to know about it."
"Go ahead."

"Actually...Who do you love?"
"Huh? I thought this rumor has ended..." He shocked after heard the question she asked.
"That's right, but you know, we don't really believe you that you love your neighbour."
"But it's true! I really love my neighbour!"
"Aish...Are you still wanna act in front of me? You can act in front of the students who don't care this rumor now, but you can't act in front of me."
"So...Ottokaji?"
"Tell me the truth. I won't tell anyone."
"Including the one I really love?" He asked curiously.
"Of course!"
"Fine, I'll believe you once this time. The truth is Hyo Hee and I aren't dating, but we're always hang out. We're just best friends and deskmates. Lastly, I already fell for her." The truth was short and simple, so Ye Jin wouldn't ask many questions about it.
"Ahah! I knew it! Anyway, thanks for the informations!" She knew the truth and left.


That night. 

 

I was taking a bath in the bathroom. Suddenly, my phone rang so I quickly wore my clothes and walked out the bathroom. I unlocked my phone and saw a notification. It's a message from Ye Jin.

Hyo Hee ah, can you meet me at 9? I have a secret to tell you.

                            -Ye Jinie-

 

What's for? Is it important?
-Hyo Hee-

 

It's important to me and it may important to you too :x

                                             -Ye Jinie-

 

I see...Then okay. Where should we meet?

-Hyo Hee-

 

Hmm...You know Cube Cafe right?

                     -Ye Jinie-

 

Cube Cafe? You know Cube Ent is at there too!

-Hyo Hee-

 

Ara...You love Beast too much. You wanna meet them rite?

                                              -Ye Jinie-

 

Yeah, that's right! Hehehe...XD

-Hyo Hee-

 

But I think they've go back to their dorm now. Sorry for dissapointing :(

                                                               -Ye Jinie-

 

Gwaenchana. Anyway, see you there soon!^^

P/S: Don't forget to tell me today's homework!

-Hyo Hee-

 

No problem! See you soon!^^

                 -Ye Jinie-

After the conversation, I get myself dressed properly and go to Cube Cafe as fast as possible.

 

It took me 20 minutes to Cube Cafe from my house. When I reached there, I saw Ye Jin was sitting there, playing her phone.

"Wassup, Ye Jin!" I went towards her.

"Oh, you're here! Wanna something?" She quickly stood up, and asked.
"No thanks. I'll leave after you told me today's homework and and the secret."
"Okay, we'll start from today's homework first. Today's homework is..." Ye Jin told me about today's homework, and I wrote down in a notebook.

 

"That's all. Now let me tell you the truth. I knew this truth from someone in the school today."Ye Jin finished talking about homeworks and continued talking about the truth.
"Oh? What is it anyway?"
"Do you wanna know who's Woo Hyun's crush?"
"Mwoh? We've told everything and the rumor has already ended. Why are you still talking about it?" I looked panic while asking.
"That's right, but he's lying. He don't even love his neighbour."

"Then fine. I'm not interested. I'll leave first. See you tomorrow." I was going to take my handbag and left, but Ye Jin stopped me.
"If, I say if, he loves you, would you accept him?" She looked at me with her puppy eyes.

"That can't be, because I know he won't love me." I answered her and left the cafe, without turning back.

 

"Pabo. You're the one he loves and you chose not to know about it. Fine, you'll regret." Ye Jin murmured to herself after I left.

 

*I'm curious who does he loves too, but it won't be me.*


Author's notes

Hi there! The first chappie is up! :) Sorry for the fonts too. I tried many times it wouldn't change it... :(

Reminder to every readers: Ye Jin (a.k.a Ailee) and Ji Eun (a.k.a IU) are just cameos in this fanfic. Many main and minor characters like Kris, 4Minute, Hyo Sung, Eun Jung and more characters will be appear in the first chapter soon!

Please appreciate the first ever chapter tomorrow! SUBSCRIBE&COMMENT too!! :D