He's my new roommate?!

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

"I guess all the rooms are full that's why they had to place you with Kai," Sehun shrugged, as they reached Taemin's classroom block. "Just...be careful. Kai can be really nasty when he means to, so just try not to get in his way I guess? I don't know how I'd be of help, but call me if you need anything...Kai-related or not," Sehun gave Taemin a genuine smile, and passed him his cellphone number. "I'm in 2510 by the way, just down your hall." Sehun waved goodbye to Taemin, after he made the latter promise to drop by his room after settling in later that afternoon. They decided on Sehun's room since well...Sehun figured Kai wasn't going to be too welcoming. Taemin beamed at his new friend as he left. 

 

Taemin made his way into his first and last class of the day (well since it was his first day, the principal let him skip the morning classes). Sapphire Studio, dance class. Taemin smiled slightly, his heartbeat increasing as he stepped into the brightly lit and cosy-looking room. Although he was excited that he was finally going to learn dance here, Taemin couldn't help but feel a little anxious. Was he up to standard? Was he good enough for them? Would they look down on him? Taemin bit his lower lip at those thoughts, feeling butterflies in his stomach. Upon entering the room, Taemin headed straight towards the guy at the front who was giving out some instructions. He should be the dance instructor, Taemin thought as he made his way nervously, never pausing to look at the class yet. He could feel their eyes trained on himself, judging his every step. "Good afternoon, instructor-nim...My name is Lee Taemin, I just transferred here today" Taemin handed his registration slip to the instructor, who was pretty tall, and as Taemin observed, had blonde hair with a centre parting and a diva-ish style. He was wearing a baggy tie-dye tee and some loose sweats, matched with funky platforms. Taemin almost raised an eyebrow, finding the instructor's fashion sense very...unique. "Lee Taemin" The instructor read off the registration slip. "Nice to meet you, new student. I hope you enjoy my lessons, I'm Key." the blonde-haired instructor had an aura of chic style. "Put your stuff down and go find yourself a spot quickly, we're about to begin." Key instructed Taemin. Taemin dumped his load at the front corner of the class, and made his way towards the front row of the class, scanning the room for an empty spot. 

 

Taemin's eyes fell on a boy who was alone in the second row of the class, with an empty spot available next to him. The boy had bronze colored hair, messily styled and his fringe occasionally touched the lids of his eyes as they were quite long. His face held no expression, his dark brown eyes mysterious and fathomless. The boy seemed to exude a dangerous yet charming aura which drew Taemin to unconsciously claim the empty spot next to him. "Hello, I'm Taemin...I'm new here, nice to meet you!" Taemin introduced himself to the boy enthusiastically, his mouth stretching into a smile as he hoped his new classmate would receive him warmly as well. However, all he got from the boy was a cold glare, his eyes seemed like they were actually penetrating deep into Taemin's soul, killing it. He made no intent of introducing himself. A shiver ran up Taemin's spine, making him already feel afraid of his new classmate. Wanting to get away from the spine-chilling stare he was getting, Taemin bit his lips anxiously and immediately turned to face the instructor, without waiting for his reply. The ends of the boy's mouth curled up into a smirk, before he turned to face the instructor as well. 

 

During the lesson, Taemin tried to focus on what Key was teaching them; a new routine. But however hard he tried, he just couldn't help taking small glances at the boy next to him. His movements were so fluid and accurate, his body perfectly in sync with the music. The only flaw Taemin could pick out was his expression. The boy didn't display any form of emotion on his face at all…and well, dance was supposed to convey your emotions and expressions.

 

"Is my face too gorgeous for you? Why do you keep staring at me?" the boy smirked, as the music stopped playing. Taemin had unconsciously been staring at the boy's face, drawn into the expressionless canvas. Yes, canvas. Taemin felt that the boy's face was something out of a painting, the work of a great artist. Those long eyelashes, defined jawline and his pink, plump lips-they seemed to fit perfectly and flawlessly on the boy's small face. Taemin's cheeks grew red at the boy's teasing comment, his eyelids fluttering shut. He didn't expect to be caught staring. 

 

"I-I wasn't staring! I-I- There's something on your face!" Taemin stuttered, trying to find an excuse. Taemin reached his right hand out to the boy's face, his long and thin fingers approaching his cheeks. With a swift action of his thumb, Taemin gently brushed the boy's tanned cheek, pretending that there was some dirt there. "I…I don't like people to touch me! Next time just tell me, I'll do it myself." The boy said harshly, shoving Taemin's hand away. What? It's just some dirt...Taemin thought to himself, wondering what was the big deal, but he didn't protest. He didn't want to get into anyone's bad books that quickly. 

 

As dance practice ended for the day, Taemin grabbed his bags and made his way to the hostel. He was finally going to settle in, after a long day. 2501, 2502...ah, 2504~ Taemin beamed as he finally found his room number. He inserted the key into the lock and ce. Click! The door complied and opened successfully. Ah, I need some rest. Taemin dragged his bags through the white door, stepping into the room. The room was quite big, and had two levels, a small staircase leading up to the second level. It was rather simple and had a homey feel, with wood being the main material used for the floor and furniture. As Taemin scanned the room, the upper level was empty, and he guessed he was using the space and the bed there. Taemin started up the stairs, and made his way up, plopping himself on the large blue bed immediately after dumping his things near the side of the bed. "Ah~ this bed is so comfy~" Taemin chuckled to himself as he rolled all over the bed. All of a sudden, Click the sound of a door below opening. Taemin popped his head over the railing that was just beside his bed, wondering who it could be. Maybe his roommate? Taemin was curious how his roommate would be like. His name was supposedly Kai, as Taemin remembered Sehun telling him. As someone walked out of the door to the toilet, dressed in nothing but a towel. As the boy below looked up, both their eyes widened like a pair of saucers...in shock. 

 

So his name was Kai, the dancer Taemin met earlier in his dance class. And he was Taemin's new roommate. 

 

 

A/N: Chapter two is up~ OuO Keke, what a surprising meeting...Hope you all like this chapter! ^^;; Thank you everyone who subscribed and commented!!♡ Subcriptions and comments are greatly appreciated~ P.S. you can leave me comments on what are some things you hope will happen between TaeKai, and if it's a good idea I'll credit you and include it in one of the chapters^^