I promise to help him

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

The second level was sort of just a platform level, a small empty area with just a bed and table. It didn't have walls and stuff, and the railing next to the bed prevented anyone from rolling of the second floor to land on the first floor. The two boys were still staring at each other, shocked. He's my new roommate?! A shiver shot up Taemin's spine. Kai can be really nasty when he wants to, Taemin gulped as he recollected Sehun's words, anxiously anticipating Kai's next move. I wonder what he feels about this...Taemin thought. As Taemin drowned in his thoughts, he didn't notice Kai had already made his way up to the second floor, and was currently carelessly dragging Taemin's bags and stuff down the stairs. He was headed for the doors to the room. "Y-Yah...yah! What are you doing?! Give them back!" Taemin snapped out of his trance, clumsily chasing after Kai and his luggage as he raced down the stairs. As he swung the door open to fling Taemin's luggage out of the room, Kai turned to face the shocked Taemin for a second, giving him his signature smirk. "What do you think you are, invading my room just like that?! I don't care if they assigned you this room, you're not coming back here, get out!!!" Kai's smirk registered into the fiercest, most menacing glare Taemin had ever seen. His perfectly carved eyes shot Taemin a death look, causing Taemin to back away a little in fear, his face scrunched up and eyes squeezed shut. "What are you?! Just get out!!!" Kai yelled, finding Taemin's instinctive pose absurd, but weirdly...cute?!.  What is this thing doing?! Why is his face all scrunched up?! Kai's thoughts shouted. "B-But...I...I need a place to stay..." Taemin pouted, his eyes big and pleading. Kai's face twisted into a momentarily frustrated expression. What. Is. This. Thing?! Puppy eyes and a pout, seriously?! Kai almost groaned, but fought against it. "I don't care. Move out NOW." Kai ordered, shoving Taemin out the door with his bags and slamming the door immediately. Taemin knocked on the door rapidly, to no avail. He sighed, wondering if he was already going to be home-less on the first night. Then, a bright idea popped into his mind, making Taemin's mouth curve up into a smile instantaneously. Sehun did invite him over, right? Maybe he could just crash there for the night before making plans to get back to his own room; or for that matter, Kai's room. 2510, right? Taemin recalled Sehun's room number, as he skipped down the halls to find Sehun's room. 

 

Finally finding the room, Taemin bit his nervously, knocking on the door. He hoped Sehun would let him crash for the night, or he would be room-less. "Oh it's you, Taemin! Come in! You sure kept your promise" Sehun welcomed Taemin warmly, eager to show Taemin his room. At that moment, Sehun managed to spot the luggage Taemin had behind him. "Eh? Why do you still have your luggage? Did you actually come straight after class to find me?!" Sehun teased. "You wish! I...I need a favour, Sehun-ah," Taemin's habit of biting his lower lip returned as he hoped Sehun would be kind enough to let him stay over. Sehun raised his eyebrow, curious of what Taemin might ask of him. "I...I got kicked out of the room by Kai...and I have no where to go..." Taemin explained. "What?! Seriously, that bastard...I need to deal with him some day..." Sehun muttered under his breath. "But yes of course, you can stay over tonight! No worries, I'm sure my roommate will be fine with that, he's pretty easy-going and friendly~" Sehun smiled and reached over to help Taemin with his bags. "Thank you so much, Sehun-ah...what would I do if not for you?" Taemin beamed, and stretched over to give Sehun a hug. "Sehun ah, can I call you my younger brother? Since I have no siblings anyway, and you're such a nice dongsaeng," Taemin chuckled. Sehun laughed a little and nodded, he felt that his hyung was too adorable. "Oh there you are, Chanyeol-ah!" Sehun called out as a boy with chocolate brown hair which was styled sharply strolled out of the kitchen holding a bowl of salad. His eyes were really round and big, as Taemin observed. Taemin waved to the young boy, who was looking at him with a spoon in his mouth. "Is he your new friend you met this morning? He looks cute~" Sehun's roommate chuckled. "I'm Chanyeol, Sehun's roommate...if it isn't already very obvious, keke. You must be Taemin, nice to meet you! Sehun told me about you when he came back after class, he said you were going to be Kai's roommate. Well, looking at your situation...I'm not surprised, Kai is Kai. He doesn't really open up to people..." The boy whose name was Chanyeol shrugged lightly and sighed. "Oh, and sure you can stay here as long as you want, I won't mind. Sehun's friend is my friend too~!" Chanyeol smiled, giving Sehun a friendly punch. Taemin was relieved that Chanyeol seemed to be nice and friendly, unlike Kai...but he sounded like he knew Kai quite well? Taemin wondered. 

 

"Hey, let's tell some stories!! Its like a sleepover~" Chanyeol squealed excitedly, bouncing on Sehun's bed where everyone gathered after washing up. Sehun and Taemin laughed at the ball of excitement which was Chanyeol and complied. As Chanyeol started telling his horror stories and funny ones as well with such comical expressions, the other two couldn't help but laugh until their sides hurt. "Aren't you glad that bastard of a Kai kicked you out? Or else you wouldn't be able to have such fun!!" Sehun grinned at Taemin. "Hey, don't call Kai that...it's not nice, Kai's not a bad person," Chanyeol frowned, before Taemin could comment. "You always side with him...I know you're the closest person Kai has as a friend, but you don't have to cover up for him, saying how he's actually not all that bad and blah blah all the time" Sehun retorted. Chanyeol is Kai's friend? Taemin's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, I forgot to mention. Chanyeol once helped Kai during a camp when he got injured...they became friends." Sehun explained to Taemin. "No one else offered to help him, but I did! Kai was really grateful and he thanked me, that's how we became friends...be clear, Sehun! Stop giving your one-sided opinions. Taemin-ah, don't believe this idiot, Kai is a nice person...he's just been hurt too deep..." Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Sehun, and smiled at Taemin. Huh? Is Chanyeol…sane? How could Kai be...nice Taemin was bewildered by Chanyeol's words. "Been hurt too deep? What do you mean? He isn’t really that nice to me…" Taemin asked, curious. "I...I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you this...I've never even told Sehun before." Sehun raised his eyebrow questioningly, wondering what was it. Chanyeol sighed, "Fine...since I don't want you to get the wrong idea of Kai..." Chanyeol began his story. According to Chanyeol, Kai was an orphan. His parents passed away in a fatal accident when he was 14, a few years ago. Since then, he couldn't accept the reality and shut himself out from everyone. He became cold and uncaring; because he didn't want to see anyone he cared leave him anymore. He had built up a wall around his heart, not allowing anyone in because he was afraid that they would leave him and cause more wounds in his already damaged heart. He was just fragile, his outer personality a concealment for his wounded heart. Chanyeol was an exception he let into his life as a good friend, as he was really grateful for the boy who helped him when he needed it most. He was rather sure that Chanyeol wouldn't leave his friend in difficult times because he didn't when Kai needed his help most. 

 

"So...Kai's actually a really nice person. He's just...really afraid to get hurt again. But if you are genuine to him, he will let you into his life. I hope you'll try to do that...because I really want to help Kai rebuild his life and...help him to live his life with courage and happiness again. All he sees now is fear...that boy, I haven't seen him genuinely happy since the first time I helped him." Chanyeol sighed, his voice filled with compassion and pity. "But...please don't tell anyone about this. Especially Kai...I'm not supposed to tell anyone about this, he trusted me...I didn't want to tell, but I just wanted to help him, so you wouldn't get the wrong impression," Chanyeol frowned. He didn't want to abuse the trust Kai had for his friend. Understanding what Chanyeol felt, Sehun and Taemin both nodded assuringly. Woah, I never knew that Kai had such a story...Taemin thought. I really want to help him gain back his strength. Being the kind and soft boy that he was, Taemin felt the need and want to help Kai and rediscover his caring side. "I...I'll help him, Chanyeol." Taemin smiled with determination. Chanyeol pulled him into a warm hug. "But first...I need to get back into that room..." Taemin sighed, knowing it wasn't going to be easy. "Don't worry, I've got it covered!" Chanyeol grinned, a slight smirk playing on the edges of his lips. That grin...I wonder what he's planning? Taemin tried to decipher without success, resulting in a pout.

 

 

A/N: Hello again C: sorry for the late update bc i have major tests next week...I'll try to update more often!^^ Anyway, this is quite an important chapter so even though it might be a little less interesting please bear with it! I need to use this chapter as a linking chapter :) anyway,aren't you wondering how Taemin will try to break down the walls in Kai's heart? ;) Stay tuned for more OuO Subbies and Comments are greatly appreciated once again♡~