Sticky notes

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

'Dear Kai-sshi, 

 

I prepared breakfast for you, tuna sandwich and scrambled eggs. Thanks for helping me yesterday.^^

 

Love,

Your roommate, Taemin' 

 

Taemin woke up early to prepare his and Kai's breakfast, leaving Kai's on the dining table before leaving for math class alone as Kai didn't have math that day. He left the yellow sticky note next to the sandwich. 

                                                                                                *** 

Ah, I'm so tired Taemin sighed as he dragged his tired feet through the white door of their room, wanting to immediately flop onto the bed. It was the end of the day, and Taemin expected Kai to be resting or doing homework, but he came into the room to find it empty. Mmh? Where's Kai? Taemin strolled past the dining table, noticing a similar piece of sticky note―but blue―on the dining table, realizing that the tuna sandwich and eggs were still left untouched. Frowning, Taemin picked up the note.

 

'You don't need to do this for me. Don't do it anymore, I won't eat it. P.s. I don't eat tuna.

 

-Kai.'

 

Taemin's heart sank, disappointed. It's alright, maybe he just doesn't like tuna...I'll try Nutella tomorrow Taemin gave a weak smile, trying not to be discouraged. 

 

For the next few days, Taemin repeated his routine, preparing all sorts of food for Kai. Yet he received the same response over and over again. But as Taemin recalled the incident where Kai had helped him, he reassured himself that one day Kai was going to accept the food he prepared, if he didn't give up. All Kai thought of this was I really don't want him to waste his energy on all this...I don't want to waste his time. Kai sighed as he walked towards his Geography class. That night, as Taemin returned to the room, grumbling how he had loads of homework to complete that night, "Ugh, I've got so much work. Calculus, history, biology...why not just kill me..." Taemin sighed heavily as he settled down, taking all his work with him to start on at his study table downstairs. Kai was seated directly behind, opposite him at his own study table, back turned to him, ignoring Taemin's grumbles as he had his headphones on and was doing his own work. "Quit grumbling and just start doing your work," Kai mumbled under his breath, faintly hearing Taemin whining. 

 

"Hey, can you help me with this question? I've been stuck at it for sooooo long!" Taemin groaned, tapping Kai's shoulder hoping he could ask for help on his calculus worksheet. Kai was the smart one anyway. "No, do it yourself. Try harder." Kai said, not even turning around. Taemin pouted, turning around disappointedly. Suddenly, Porong porong porong porong po ro ro!! Taemin's cellphone rang, making him jump and blush slightly, embarrassed at his ringtone. "Hello? Oh, Sehun? Oh...yeah sure! I'll go there now~" Taemin answered as Sehun called for him to go over to help him judge his singing for some audition tomorrow. "Hey, Kai...I'm going over to my friend's room...see you later?" Taemin informed Kai, still a little disappointed from earlier. Kai didn't respond, so Taemin just sighed and left. 

 

Once the door clicked shut, Kai glanced over at the door, making sure Taemin had left. He slid his chair, bent over and stretched to reach for the worksheet Taemin had been working on earlier. Kai took the calculus worksheet and began working on the sum that Taemin couldn't solve apparently. Aish, that boy. This sum is so easy...look at his working, he was just careless. Kai thought, as he re-did the entire sum with neat working in pencil for Taemin. He placed the worksheet back where it had been, with a sticky note saying:

 

'Yah, you were just careless...next time don't be careless or you'll have to waste my time helping you to do the working again, arasso? [understand?]

 

-Not your personal tutor'

 

By the time Taemin returned from Sehun's room, it was already midnight. The three of them were having too much fun judging Sehun's singing, that's why. Taemin clicked the door close softly, hoping he wouldn't wake Kai up as he found the room in complete darkness. He must be sleeping already, Taemin thought, making his way to his table to complete the rest of his work. He the lamp dimly so that he wouldn't disturb Kai, and saw the blue note Kai had left, and the completed working. Oh! Taemin thought, surprised. Ah, that boy...he actually helped me while I was gone. Thank you, Kai-ah. I'm grateful Taemin smiled, keeping the note. He was sure that Kai didn't have a bad heart...and touched by Kai's small action. Kai's many small acts of kindness towards Taemin, he wasn't sure if Kai could feel it, but Taemin's feelings were definitely not immune to them. Feelings that were...more than gratitude? What? Am I...having feelings for...Kai? Taemin tried to shake those thoughts off. Kai was...a guy. What? I think I’m thinking too much… Taemin turned off the lights, deciding that maybe sleep was a better option to clear his mind. 

                                                                                                    ***

"Yah, how was your audition!" Taemin chuckled as he asked Sehun. They were both in the same history class and sat next to each other. "Mmh, not too bad! There were people...worse than me...so I hope I get in!" Sehun grinned cheekily. "Oh, right, I realized I haven't asked you this...how are things with...Kai? Does he still bully you? If he does, tell me! I'll go beat him up or something..." Sehun pretended to crack his knuckles, making Taemin chuckle. "Thanks for the help, Sehun-ah, but really, Kai's...nice. He helped me twice already" Taemin broke into a smile at the mention of Kai. He told Sehun about how Kai had helped him and that it seemed really genuine. "What, really? Are you sure it was Kai and not someone else..." Sehun raised his eyebrow, making Taemin roll his eyes at his words. "Yes, really! Kai's really nice." Sehun just shrugged, "Well, if you ever need my help don't hesitate to call me!" "Yes, yes, Sehun hyung." Taemin said sarcastically. 

 

"Hey, let's have lunch together!" Sehun said excitedly as the lesson ended and it was lunch break. "Sure!" Taemin smiled as he raced his friend to the canteen, acting like small kids...

 

They found a table, and started eating while talking non-stop. Those two had so much to talk about and no one could stop them. They had sort of became best friends in...two weeks?! 

 

"Oh, is that you, Kai? Do you want to join us?" Taemin spotted Kai with his tray, searching for an empty table and so offered him to sit with them. "Kai oppa!! Sit with us? We have an empty seat!" A girl with long, curly hair came up to Kai, tugging on his arm. What even? Are they that...desperate? Taemin scoffed in his head. 

 

"Uh, no thanks. My friends are over there." Kai shoved the girl's hand off, and made his way towards Taemin and Sehun. Taemin grinned, inviting Kai to sit next to him.

 

"Taemin-ah, why are you so adorable?!" Sehun chuckled as he ruffled Taemin's brown hair, finding his hyung's eating habit of stuffing his cheeks with ramen interestingly cute. Kai rolled his eyes slightly at Sehun’s action. 

                                                                                                     ***

The last lesson of the day for Taemin was dance, and he had Kai in the same class with him. "Ah, I'm exhausted, aren't you?" Taemin whined to Kai as they packed up and made their way towards their room together. "You, stop grumbling and learn to live with it!" Kai ruffled Taemin's already messy hair, smirking a little before a slight frown took its place on Kai's lips. "This afternoon, during lunch...are you that close to Sehun? You two seemed really…close." Kai's voice hid a tint of something, which Taemin couldn't put his finger on. "Ah...I suppose so? He's the first friend I made when I transferred here, and he's a great friend!" Taemin beamed as he talked about Sehun. All I know is that he's Chanyeol's roommate...is he all that great like Taemin says he is? Kai scoffed in his mind. 

 

When they reached the room, both boys immediately washed up, showered and flopped onto their beds, as they were really exhausted from practice. "Ah, I'm so thirsty, I can't sleep like this!" Taemin grumbled as he awoke in the middle of the night, by his thirst. He made his way to the kitchen and fumbled in the darkness for some water. As he made his way back to his bed upstairs, he walked past Kai's bed, and heard some faint mumbles. Curious, Taemin walked softly and slowly over to his roommate, only to hear Kai's words, "Sehun...get away from Taemin...I know I'm not supposed to get close to anyone anymore but...I kind of...like Lee Taemin..." Taemin's eyes widened in shock, as he stood rooted to the floor, right in front of Kai. 

 

 

A/N: Huehuehue I couldn't resist writing another chapter...although I have exams :C anyway, I hope everyone will enjoy this!! OuO Tell me if you like the way things are going!^^ and more TaeKai fluff on the way~ UwU Have fun reading♡ All subscriptions and comments are greatly appreciated!!♡~ Love all my subbies and commentors o (◡‿◡✿)