More realisations

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

Taemin lay in bed, Kai's words replaying in his mind all night long: I kind of like Lee Taemin.

 

What? He likes me? Then why won't he want to be my friend if he likes me? And...he asked Sehun to stay away from me? Could he be jealous...does he like me even more than as a friend? Taemin drowned in his thoughts, thoroughly confused. Doesn't Kai hate me? Taemin shook his head, trying to rid himself of all the confusion clouding his mind. There was no way Kai would even like him more than as a friend...he probably just wanted to be closer to Taemin like Sehun as a friend but was afraid to? That seemed more likely, but even then it seemed hard to believe...Kai had always tried to stay away from Taemin, no? 

                                                                                                        ***

Taemin awoke with a groggy head, probably from sleeping late last night. His head felt heavy with the questions from last night slowly streaming into his head again, adding weight to it. Ah Taemin groaned. He made his way down the winding stairs, before noticing an unusual sight. A white, wrapped bowl sat on the dining table, with a familiar blue sticky note placed next to it: 

 

'Yah, by the time you see this, you are probably almost late for class. Go and wash up now, ppalli! [quickly!]

 

-Well, you know who.' 

 

Taemin glanced at the wall clock after reading the note, and realized it was 7.45am. "Oh no, I'm late!!" Taemin gasped, as classes started at 8. Taemin washed up and stuffed down his breakfast, afraid that he might be late. Although one part of him really wanted to slow down and savour the delicious salad Kai had prepared for him, though. Thank you, Kai-ah, for preparing breakfast for me today. I'm thankful. Taemin beamed, picking up a cherry tomato. "Ah, Key instructor-nim is going to kill me!!!" Taemin caught sight of the clock which now read 7.55am, thus gulping down his glass of water and dashing out of the room with his blue striped bag carelessly slung over his shoulder. 

 

"Ah, I'm sorry, instructor-nim! I slept late last night and didn't hear the alarm..." Taemin bowed and apologized sincerely to Key, which was glaring at the boy. "Aish, this is the last time, okay? Go and find yourself a partner, we have a project to prepare for starting from today!" Key instructed Taemin, his Versace glasses perched on the top of his head. He looks more like a fashion designer, Taemin chuckled to himself before heading towards the rest of the class which was busily choosing their partners for the new project. Who shall I go with? Taemin hummed, scanning the class for available people while all of a sudden, a hand grabbed his wrist, jerking on it making Taemin stumble around. "H-Hey! What-" Taemin blurted, shocked at the sudden action before realising it was Kai. "Cover me, please? Be my partner!" Kai's gaze held Taemin's, pleading. Before Taemin could ask why, all the screams started registering into his mind. "Kai-oppa! Partner me!! I dance well!!" Taemin's hands shot up to his ears, covering them with every shriek. Oh my god, fangirls…STOP Taemin groaned. "Please? Taemin." Kai pleaded. He...said my name? Taemin blinked, unsure if he was hallucinating but nevertheless nodded, agreeing to Kai's request. He had no partner, anyway, and Kai was good at dancing. He was amazing, actually.

 

"Sorry, girls...I'm attached." Kai turned to the screaming teenage girls whom he never understood, shrugging as he motioned towards Taemin. Faint sounds of mumbles and whines could be heard, as the class eyed Taemin curiously. Taemin's cheeks went pink at the attention he was getting, realising that Kai's words could mean something else to others. 

 

The first track was a slow ballad, and Key had requested the pairs to try out a new style of slower dancing, focusing more on the choreography and to cultivate feelings and charisma. At one point in the ballad, Kai gently tugged on Taemin's arms and dropped him, shocking the boy. But Kai's strong arms caught him mid-way as he fell, making Taemin slip into Kai's hold. Their gazes coincidentally met ― which wasn't part of Kai's plan ― making Taemin blush slightly. Kai took hold of this nice touch to his choreography and smirked at the black haired boy. W-What is he d-doing?! Taemin stuttered in his mind, distracted. His reactions, they're so...cute, haha Kai chuckled in his mind. 

 

As a faster track came on ― a pop song ― Taemin and Kai caught up to the beat, moving flawlessly in sync. No one could doubt the skills of these two dancing machines. Although Taemin admired Kai's dancing greatly, he was equal to, if not better than Kai in terms of dancing as well. Key paused the music for a short while, wanting every pair to work on their choreography for this particular song, as this track was more difficult. "Ah, um...your step isn't correct at this part, it should be like this," Kai mumbled, showing Taemin the right move. Taemin tried to follow after Kai, but got stuck at that move. Seeing Taemin's frustrated expression, Kai sighed and took hold of his arms, which felt surprisingly lean and warm. A tingle raced through their skin at the part where they touched, making both their hearts flutter just ever so slightly. Kai bit his lip, and tried to continue showing Taemin how the move should be executed. He moved his arms together with Taemin's, arching their backs together in possibly the most graceful and flawless manner. They were perfectly matched dancers, and both of them knew it. 

                                                                                                       ***

"Hey, Sehun! Haven't seen you today, how was your day? I'm tired!" Taemin caught up with his friend, seeing Sehun just round the corridor after their last class. "Not bad! We had practice for a...singing project? The teacher didn't tell us what was it, though." Sehun slung his arm around Taemin's shoulder and grinned, " But anyway, I really like my new partner!" Sehun chuckled slightly, and was Sehun actually...blushing? Taemin was curious who this new partner was, "Eh? Who is he? Why are you blushing when you mentioned his name, Sehun-ah!" Taemin teased, and the blush on Sehun's cheeks just got redder. "I'm not blushing!! Ah...his name is Luhan, he sings really well! And he's...kinda cute." Sehun bit his lip, trying not to grin. This just gave his cheeks more reason to turn into a dark shade of red. Taemin laughed, "Sehun-ah! Stop blushing, you're too adorable, dongsaengie! This Luhan, I must meet him one day keke," Taemin ruffled Sehun's pink colored hair, messing it up a little. Sehun looks like he's in love or something Taemin giggled, being too much of a blockhead to realize anything. "Wae?? Hyung, why are you giggling to yourself!" Sehun noticed. "Nyeh~ nothing!!" Taemin made a run for it, not wanting to spill his thoughts to Sehun. Being the kid that he was, Sehun just chased playfully after his hyung. 

                                                                                                      ***

As Taemin returned to his room after a long, fun session with Sehun, just talking and such, he noticed the room was dark and Kai was already in bed. Eh? It's only 8pm... Taemin wondered. Maybe he's tired...I should thank him for the breakfast this morning though! Taemin made his way over to his desk and wrote on a piece of sticky note:

 

'Dear Kai-sshi, 

 

I didn't have time to thank you this morning for the breakfast, so here's one now^^ Have a good sleep and wake up refreshed~

 

Love, 

Taemin'

 

Taemin tiptoed over to the side table next to Kai's bed, wanting to stick the note there. As he placed it near the lamp, Taemin unintentionally glanced over Kai, noticing his expressions when he was asleep. It was different, he looked...peaceful. Something like...an angel, if Taemin could describe. I think this is the real Kai, a kind...angel. Taemin smiled warmly. I think I got closer to Kai since we met, I'm really happy. The boy beamed in the dark room, as though his bright smile could light it up. 

 

 

A/N: Annyeong!^^ I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, as always OuO Just a short note from me, I'm not sure if I can update constantly this week and next week, because I'm starting exams this wednesday...so sorry :c but I'll try my best! Please keep supporting this story, though<33 Love all you subscribers and commentors!♡ P.S. Is it okay if I insert a bit of hunhan? Just a sideline! C: