That escalated quickly

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

“Okay, class, there’ll be an audition for the main leads for the musical this upcoming Friday. I’m going to announce the people nominated for the various parts based on what I’ve been seeing of you all these past few months.” Key, decked out in all white today, stood in front of the hundreds of students, including both dancers and singers as all gathered here today for the combined rehearsal. The anxious faces of the students included the ones of Kai, Taemin, Sehun, Luhan and Chanyeol. The five boys were chattering nervously together and were praying hard that they would all be able to make it in. The past few weeks had many combined rehearsals and it seemed that the five of them were always sticking together. Taemin was glad that Kai was becoming more friendly to the rest too. “What if I don’t get in? My parents will kill-” Taemin started and furrowed his brows but was cut off by Kai as the younger boy grabbed his hand in his own. “Shhh, stop worrying, pabo, you are amazing, you’ll surely get in,” Kai whispered to Taemin as he gave his hand a little squeeze while smiling. “I’m amazing? What-” Taemin raised a confused brow at Kai, who abruptly cleared his throat, “Uh-I meant your dancing is amazing! Yeah, y-your dancing!” Taemin started laughing as he saw Kai’s cheeks starting to turn red. “You’re cute.” Taemin chuckled before Kai surprised him by grabbing his wrist. “Yah, what-” Taemin started as he turned to face Kai but gulped as his face met Kai’s. “I’m not cute, I’m-I’m…” Kai tried to put on a fierce expression but his resolve faded when he didn’t know what to say. “You what? Yah, stop acting all tough and cold when you’re actually so soft inside, you little baby~” Taemin teased and Kai blushed before clearing his throat. “Yah! I told you I am not cute! I am hot and manly, you can ask any of those girls there!” Kai pointed at his hoard of fangirls in the class and his mouth twitched up into a smirk. “No way, you are still baby cute-” “Don’t lie, we both know I’m hot.” Taemin huffed and pouted while reaching out to pinch Kai’s cheeks. “Kai! Stop cutting me off, I said you are cute and it’s true-” Taemin couldn’t finish his sentence again, as Kai’s steady hand grabbed hold of his own that rested on his cheeks, and he couldn’t process the next few seconds fast enough as Kai’s delicious lips landed on his own, absorbing all his words from his mouth.

                                                                                        ***

“Guys! Stop being so awkward around each other oh my god, this awkwardness can totally be smelt like 1000yards away...” Chanyeol rolled his eyes as the five of them ate in silence in the canteen. Taemin was sitting opposite Kai with Sehun on his left, and as they heard Chanyeol break the silence, the two boys only looked up to face him but unfortunately caught each other’s gaze halfway, and they quickly looked away. “Whoa, come on, it was just an accident, right? Don’t need to be so awkward…” Chanyeol nudged Kai and raised his eyebrows, urging the younger boy to say something. “Y-Yeah, blame that stupid girl who pushed me from behind...” “Well, she said it was an accident.” Chanyeol added as he shrugged. Taemin bit his lip as he nodded, still not looking up because he felt embarrassed that his friends saw him kissing Kai and it must have looked totally wrong. Oddly enough, he remembered he felt a jolt in him when Kai’s lips touched his own, and he found that he liked it just a little too much. And he was surprised that Kai’s lips felt so soft and fluffy against his that he was almost tempted to kiss back those cotton-candy like lips. It was like he was almost instantly addicted to them- “Hello? Earth to Taemin?” Taemin was snapped out of his so-called fantasies when Chanyeol waved his large hands in front of his face. “Ah-yes? Sorry, I just-I—er…I was thinking about the auditions this Friday...Are we going together?” “Sure! And I haven’t said this but congratulations to all of us, I’m so glad we all got nominated for the last round of auditions for the musical! This means we’ll probably have major roles, awyeah!” Chanyeol started high-fiving the rest and Luhan chuckled, making Sehun chuckle adorably along with him. “I swear, you guys are in love or something!” Chanyeol suddenly blurted, making Kai and Taemin finally look up and chuckle at the cute couple. “Yah, y-yah! We are not-” Sehun tried to cover his furiously blushing face when Luhan spoke up. “Do you like me? Sehun?” Sehun’s face was beyond tomato red by now. “W-What? I—I-Oh my god, I can’t do this anymore, guys-” “I like you~” Luhan took Sehun’s hands and but he was saying the truth. “M-Mwo?! Y-You like me?! Am I hearing things or-” Luhan cut him off abruptly, leaning across the table and kissing him immediately. “OMO, you guys—for real?!” Chanyeol exclaimed and Taemin and Kai’s eyes widened as they didn’t expect that. Taemin looked away, not wanting to stare, but he caught Kai’s eyes. For the second time. This time, they didn’t look away from each other as they locked their gazes. “Okay, I’m going to say this. I’ve been keeping it to myself since forever and I can’t keep it to myself anymore. Taemin...I am in love with your dancing, I am in love with your laughter, your smile...I-I—” Kai said rapidly in one breath before he felt his breath get away softly, yet sweetly. Taemin leaned over the wooden table, and matched his lips on Kai’s. “I like you, too,” Taemin breathed as he pulled away, smiling, but not before Kai’s infamous smirk appeared and he pulled Taemin in harshly, crashing their lips together once again. Chanyeol eyes widened as large as they could get as his jaw dropped. “Wait—what? Wait, wait, what?! I—I...You two too?!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he just stared unbelievably at the two couples on either side of him that were currently making out in public. “Guys? Care to tell me what’s going on?...HunHan? TaeKai? Man, this escalated quickly.” Chanyeol groaned as he rubbed his hands down his face.

                                                                                        ***

“Hey, guys, can I sleep here for tonight? HunHan’s making out again in our room and I—” Chanyeol burst through Taemin and Kai’s room but stopped abruptly when he saw Kai kissing Taemin passionately against the wall, his arms wrapped protectively around Taemin’s waist. “Oh my god, I’m sorry—er I’ll just sleep somewhere else then...ugh why is this happening to me,” Chanyeol apologized and mumbled as he left. “Go find someone for yourself too Channie!” Taemin chuckled and shouted after Chanyeol as he momentarily broke away from the kiss. “Come back here, I miss your lips already~” Kai whined and Taemin chuckled. “Awh, baby~”

 

“I told you I am not a baby, I am a man!”

“Fine, you are not a baby, you are my baby~”

“eww, you are so cheesy, Tae!”

“I like you.”

“I like you more. I liked you since you barged into my room the first night. Weird, I know, but I couldn’t help it. You were one of a kind,” Kai laughed and Taemin hit him playfully in the chest.

 

“I thought you hated me.”

“Well, I didn’t want to like you. You were too good in your dance. Better than me.”

“Wow, somebody’s jealous~” Both of them laughed and Kai picked Taemin up, spinning him around and making both of them laugh even harder.

                                                                                        ***

As they walked into class the next day, Taemin and Kai earned a lot of glares, especially from the girls. Taemin hid a little behind Kai, taking his hand and letting him lead. “Kai oppa! Are you really dating Taemin sunbaenim?” A girl with ombre hair stood up and asked, glaring at Taemin. It was sort of vague, but Taemin seemed to remember her from somewhere. “Yeah. I am. Is there a problem?” Kai said and Taemin blushed. The girl just huffed and walked out of the classroom, obviously displeased. Kai turned around to give Taemin a small smile before they settled down with the rest of the class.

“Today will be the last rehearsal before the last round of auditions for the main leads tomorrow. To help those who are nominated, I will be asking our very own classmate Kim Jongin to demonstrate a few techniques that I find he has great skill in. Afterall, he hasn’t been offered a scholarship to Laselle for nothing, right, Jongin?” Key strolled into the classroom and put down his bag, while turning to smile at Kai. Taemin turned to face Kai, narrowing his eyes at him while raising his eyebrows, mouthing what? Kai only bit his lip and smiled apologetically at Taemin, as he didn’t tell him about the scholarship yet. I’ll tell you later, okay? He mouthed before getting up and going to the front.

Kai danced, so smoothly and sleekly, that everyone in the room was awed. His techniques and moves were so well executed that it was perfect. Just like the first time Taemin had seen him dance. Except this time, his face glowed with feelings and expressions that he was finally able to convey through the dance. It was literally the most perfect dance Taemin had ever seen someone perform, and he smiled. Because he would rather Kai be better than he was, and he was proud of his boyfriend.

“Yah, you owe me an explanation! What scholarship?” Taemin narrowed his eyes at Kai, who rubbed the nape of his neck sheepishly. Taemin jabbed Kai in the waist before Kai spoke, “Okay, okay...I got offered this scholarship to Laselle…but I have to get the main lead position in the musical before it’s valid.” He bit his lip as Taemin furrowed his brows. “oh...” Taemin immediately recovered from his realization as he straightened up and flashed Kai an excited smile. “Wow, congrats! I always knew you were really talented, aw I am so proud of you! Now I need to go show you off to the rest!!~” Taemin chuckled as he grabbed Kai’s hand and skipped along the corridor with his boyfriend, occasionally giving him a peck on his cheek. Kai noticed something was off about Taemin’s initial reaction, but kept the thought at the back of his head. “Yah, stop running like this! We look like crazy lovestruck teenagers!” Taemin only stuck his tongue out playfully at Kai while chuckling.

 

 

A/N: Hi guys! I am so, so sorry for not updating for so long!! I won't give any excuses, I was lazy >< anyway, I won't say anymore, hope you enjoyed this chapter! :) I think I will be ending the story in about 2-3 chapters, if it fits in I will include some but if it doesn't, I'm sorry :( because I really want to write this other fic I have in mind, and I can't concentrate on it if I don't finish this one (weird, I know) haha anyway, love y'all, and see you guys soon!!! ;)