Introducing...Kai

I Want To Be Your Guardian Angel

How it all started

Seoul Arts University. The large, shining gold letters were carved out and hung proudly on the fancy metal school gates which protected the entrance to the prestigious University. Lee Taemin was a new transfer student, who was going to join the university in the faculty of fine arts—or rather, dance—this day. And no, it wasn't easy at all to get a referral letter in; it took months of rigorous audition and hard work. And persuasion of his parents. Taemin wanted desperately to attend Seoul Arts University, a university where he could pursue his dream with the highest level of professional help, and alongside all other great dancers. Dance wasn't just a dream for Taemin, it was his passion—his entire life. Now here he was, finally making his way through the gates of the university. Taemin walked through the sacred gates, a huge smile plastered across his face. He was glad that his hard work had paid off, and thrilled just thinking about soon starting his "adventure" here. Taemin soon reached the front office, and registered his attendance. The female clerk at the counter smiled warmly at Taemin to welcome him, even chuckling lightly at him, "Ah, this boy is such a sweetheart, so cute." Taemin's eyelids fluttered at her comment, looking down to the floor shyly, his cheeks tinted pink. Taemin was naturally a rather shy boy, which was part of his adorable personality which made him liked and adored by many people. As Taemin wandered through the huge maze-like school—kind of lost—he turned round one of the corners and accidentally bumped into a student who was seemingly older than he was. "Whoops, sorry! I'll help you to pick those up!" Taemin hurriedly apologized as the student's books were scattered around the floor. "It's alright, I got them," the student assured, picking them up himself. "Hmm, but what are you doing here? Almost everyone's in class at this time of the day." he asked, curious. "Oh, I'm a new student here, I'm trying to find my way to...Hannah block, but I'm kinda lost actually," Taemin bit the side of his puffy lower lip, embarrassed that he couldn't even find the block after such a long time, when it was just a university campus. "Oh, I see...I can take you there, I'm free for this period," the student gave Taemin a friendly smile, adding, "Nice to meet you, I'm Sehun. Faculty of fine arts, Singing" Taemin's new acquaintance introduced. "Taemin. Fine arts too but I'm taking dance," Taemin replied enthusiastically, "Thanks for bringing me around, you're nice~" Sehun ruffled Taemin's hair playfully, "You must be 19? The same age as me. You're so cute," Sehun chuckled slightly, walking Taemin towards Hannah block. "Neh~ I'm 20! I'm your hyung," Taemin chuckled, finding it amusing that Sehun was actually older than him. 

 

"What's your room number? Maybe I can visit you later when you've moved in after lessons" Sehun grinned at his new friend. "Hmm...2504" Taemin read off his room key. Upon hearing the number, Sehun stopped abruptly in his tracks. "2…504?" Sehun gulped, confirming. Taemin nodded, a blur look across his face as he scratched the back of his head, wondering what was wrong. Sehun swallowed, before continuing. "Erm...Taemin. I think I should tell you about this first. Your...roommate. He's a boy named...Kai." A hint of pity escaped from Sehun's lips. Taemin raised an eyebrow, wondering what was wrong with his new roommate. Kai? What a...unique name, Taemin thought, as he listened curiously to Sehun talk about Kai. 

 

Kai was a smart and talented boy...Wait, scrap that. Kai was a prodigy. He was incredulously smart, his yearly certificates boasting a never-ending string of As, and not to mention naturally amazingly talented in dance. Also, Kai was handsome. Kai's face and body, they were a masterpiece of art, perfect and flawless-it was any girl's dream to kiss those pink, plump lips of his. It wasn't a surprise that Kai was one of the most popular boys in school. But, everyone has flaws. Right? Kai's was...well, Kai wasn't exactly very friendly. Although Kai wasn't rude to teachers, he wasn't overly enthusiastic. The same didn't go for anyone else in school, though. Kai was cold and very unfriendly towards everyone, and just didn't care. The thing was, he could be really mean when he wanted to. Like really. You wouldn’t want to know what he can do. But even then, flocks of girls still idolized him like mad. Kai also has his own room in the hostel. When everyone else has to share one, Kai managed to persuade the female clerk to give him one by himself—he didn't like sharing a room with anyone.

 

So that was Kai, Taemin’s new roommate. The last part, though. Now Kai had a roommate. He had to share the room. With Taemin. 

 

A/N: So here's the first chapter! C: I know it isn't very long, I'll make it up in the next few chapters ^__^ Please bear with my horrible introductory chapter though :c I'll try to make every chapter from now on more interesting OuO so all of you can satisfy your TaeKai feels~ :3 Please comment and subscribe if you like the story too^^ Comments and subscriptions are greatly appreciated