3 ǁ Friend

Split Images *Hiatus*

3 ǁ Friend

 

"Oi you! Get back here!"

 

Daehyun watched on with wide eyes as 'you' catapulted yourself over a 2 metre fence and disappeared from his view. Earlier on, you had offered to go to the convenience store to buy snacks for the others and seizing this chance, Daehyun decided to slip out of the house to avoid you when you came back. Little did he know that he would come across you in what he called your 'barbaric true form'.

 

Breaking out of the shock, he rolled his eyes before turning to leave. "Crazy woman…" he muttered.

 

Meanwhile, you were in hot pursuit of that guy who took your wallet. One moment, you were walking out of the store with two bags of goodies, and the next, a random guy had swiped your wallet from your grasp.

 

"S-stop! T-thief! My w-wallet!" you called out in panic. But of course, no one went after the guy who was quickly getting further and further away from you. Unknowingly to you, your facial expression darkened into a menacing glare as your hands clenched into tight fists. That guy chose the wrong person to mess with, because now, your other half was out and ready for some major -kicking.

 

 "You! Thief! Stop right there before I kick your to outer space!" you (well, your other half) yelled at the top of your lungs.

 

The guy turned around briefly just to see you fly through the air in a jump kick. Your foot hit smack-bang into his face as he fell to the ground in pain as opposed to your elegant landing. After kicking him once in the stomach for trying to attack you again, you flipped him over and pinned him to the ground with your foot.

 

"Yah! Give me back my wallet you punk!" You added pressure onto his back when he didn't respond and he yelped out in pain.

 

"Ah ah! OK OK! Just stop, please!" the guy screamed. He held out your wallet as you swiped it from him.

 

Flipping through your bills, you found that nothing was missing. "Hmph, I'll let you off this time. But pull off something like this again and you'll have ME to answer to!" With that, you marched off in triumph.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Slowly, you opened your eyes just to be blinded by the bright sun. "Ah…" you groaned, using one hand to cover your eyes and the other to clutch your pounding head. Immediately, you regretted doing so because you felt your hand spread something uncomfortably sticky into your hair. You gasped when you found that strawberry ice-cream from god-knows-where had melted all over your hand.

 

"Wh-wha? How did this… When?...." Looking around, you saw that you had passed out on a random bench in the park. An unfinished ice-cream cone and your bags of snacks were at your head.

 

You tried recalling the day's events, but no matter how hard you tried, all you could remember was buying snacks, getting your wallet stolen, then waking up on a bench with a huge headache.

 

You sighed. It happened again. And you had no recollection whatsoever of what you did during the time before you fainted.

 

 

With each reluctant step you took you got closer to Yongguk's house. You owed them a good explanation because well, you did take an awfully long time just to buy a few snacks from the nearby store. But before you could even ring the bell, the door flung wide open.

 

"Hana! Where were you?! What took you so long?! Do you know how worried I was?!" Yongguk stressed. He eyed your head. "And what happened to your hair!"

 

"I… I'm sorry…" you said. Without the others noticing, you swiftly shot your cousin a worried look and he immediately caught on.

 

"Come in and get yourself cleaned." He closed the door behind you and led you up the stairs.

 

"Doesn't Hyung want an explanation first?" Zelo asked.

 

Daehyun 'tsked' and muttered under his breath. "Like she'll tell the truth anyway."

 

"What was that Hyung?" Jongup blinked.

 

"Nothing. I'll be in my room."

 

"Seriously, what's up this kid?" Himchan said.

 

Youngjae just shook his head in disapproval.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Alright Hana, make your first day of college a great one!" Yongguk beamed, giving you a big hug.

 

"Ne!" You pumped your fist in an attempt to look determined, but it came out looking cute instead.

 

"My little cousin is so cute." He ruffled your hair as you shied away from his hand. You glanced up at him with a slight frown.

 

Yongguk just laughed. "Time to head off now or you'll be late for your class." He waved you away as you walked alongside Youngjae.

 

"Excited?" he smiled down at you.

 

"Mm!" you nodded. "… and a little nervous…"

 

Youngjae chuckled. "You'll have fun Hana."

 

Looking forward at Daehyun's back figure in the distance, you sighed. If you weren't here, you supposed he would've been walking with Youngjae.

 

The latter noticed your sudden loss of spirit and followed your line of sight.

 

"Hey," he nudged you. "Don't worry about him." Youngjae nodded towards Daehyun. "Just enjoy your stay here, alright Hana?"

 

You were surprised for a second that he had noticed, but then smiled gratefully. "Ne, thank you Youngjae-ssi."

 

"Hey, what's with the 'Youngjae-ssi'!" he jokingly complained. "Just call me 'Youngjae' or 'Oppa'."

 

You weren't comfortable calling him -- or anyone for that matter -- 'Oppa'. Besides, he was only a month or so older than you.

 

"Thank you Youngjae," you shyly replied.

 

Soon, the two of you had passed through the front gates of TS Arts College. You were immediately the centre of attention.

 

"Omo, it's Youngjae-oppa!"

 

"He's with a girl? That's a first!"

 

"Daehyun-oppa's not with them?"

 

"Is she his girlfriend?"

 

"Nah, can't be. Youngjae-oppa's not holding her hand or anything."

 

"I saw Daehyun-oppa before. Maybe he left first to give them some time alone?"

 

"Who is that girl?"

 

You looked around at all the students in confusion. Why was everyone talking about Daehyun, Youngjae and you being his girlfriend? Were the boys really popular here or something that everyone took note of everything to do with them?

 

Looking up at Youngjae questioningly, he chuckled. "I suppose you can say we're always the centre of attention. Rather annoying at times, I've got to say."

 

Even at college, gossip spread like wildfire. As soon as you entered your classroom -- where Youngjae kindly escorted you to -- all eyes turned to you. This was your elective Performance unit, so both Youngjae and Daehyun weren't in your class.

 

A girl came up to you. "Are you Youngjae-oppa's girlfriend?"

 

You were taken aback by her straight-forward question. "A-aniyo…"

 

"See, I told you guys!" She ran back to her group of friends who sighed in relief. As usual, they all ignored you now that there was nothing much 'interesting' about you.

 

Scanning the room with your eyes, you looked for an empty seat. You saw one next to a girl sitting by herself in the back row. She was a cute, bright-looking girl with her hair cut in a bob, the ends resting just below her shoulders. With her side fringe, she looked innocent.

 

*Alright Hana, gather some confidence and walk over to her. Remember to be friendly and greet her politely!* you encouraged yourself.

 

"Hello, I'm Kim Hana! May I sit here?" you beamed.

 

She smiled back at you. "Hello! Of course you may, take a seat! I'm Kang Miyun by the way."

 

You were more than happy that you were finally off to a good start. Settling into your seat, you took out your books.

 

"Are you a new student here?" Miyun asked.

 

"Ne! I'm a second-year Music student, it's nice to meet you!" you cheerfully answered.

 

Her eyes widened. "Oh me too! Well, I'm a Performing Arts major, but I just transferred here from Hanguk Arts College. Whereabouts are you from Hana?"

 

"I came from Australia."

 

Miyun held up two thumbs. "Daebak! Your English must be amazing then."

 

"A-aniyo!" you waved your hands in front of you. "It's not all that great…" Of course, you were just being a humble, modest person. English was practically your first-language now, having lived over there for a few years.

 

"I heard you came to school with Youngjae-ssi?" she nudged me playfully.

 

"Please don't misunderstand, I'm just staying with my cousin and he lives with him!" you frantically explained.

 

"Who's your cousin?"

 

"Bang Yongguk."

 

Again, Miyun's eyes widened in shock. "So you get to see Daehyun-oppa everyday? Aww, lucky you, I'm so jealous!"

 

Confused, you just stared at her. *Why did she bring up Daehyun-ssi?*

 

"Can I let you in on a secret?" she whispered. You nodded your head. "I actually transferred over here to see Daehyun-oppa. I'm a huge fan of his!" she giggled.

 

"Oh, I see. How do you know him?" you asked curiously.

 

Miyun gaped at you in shock. "Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, Jung Daehyun, Yoo Youngjae, Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong a.k.a Zelo from the college's affiliated high school. Everyone knows them!"

 

You tilted your head. "Really?"

 

"The six of them are really popular! They started performing around at colleges under the name 'B.A.P' just last year, but things have slowed down a bit since your cousin graduated and focused on his club. Jung Daehyun is their main vocalist!" she fangirled. "He has the most amazing voice in the world!"

 

You were beyond speechless. You've been living with these guys for two weeks, have known Yongguk ever since you were born and still you had no idea about all this.

 

"W… wow…" Indeed, you were amazed.

 

Miyun looked at you in amusement. "I guess these guys are too down-to-earth to tell you about their undying popularity?" she laughed.

 

You just laughed along with her.

 

"Let's be great friends, Hana!" she announced.

 

You stopped for a bit and stared at her in surprise. Then, you smiled a smile so big that it stretched all across your face as your eyes turned into little crescents.

 

"Ne, let's be great friends Miyun!"

 

 

===========================

 

 

Hana (or you) has made a friend! But Daehyun's still ignoring you, aww. Well, that chasing-after-the-thief scene didn't exactly give him a better impression of you. Well, at least Youngjae is nice :)

 

Thanks to my subscribers ^^