2 ǁ Ignored

Split Images *Hiatus*

2 ǁ Ignored

 

You were feeling rather overwhelmed by the fact that you were living under the same roof with five other guys.

 

*Five good-looking guys* you thought, before shaking that thought away.

 

 Sighing, you silently questioned your mother as to why she would oh-so conveniently forget to tell you that important piece of information before you came here. But of course, you had no idea that your mother only informed Yongguk about your arrival after you had already left for Seoul.

 

Briefly scanning around the house, you noticed that the house had been refurnished into a nicer, much bigger place since the last time you've been here. Again, you felt that someone was boring their eyes into the back of your head and turned to see Daehyun still staring -- more like glaring -- at you.

 

*We've only just met and he already doesn't like me* you thought glumly. Of course, you were used to people acting this way towards you but still, you were disappointed that you weren't off to a great start.

 

"How about you head up to your room first?" Yongguk asked good-naturedly. "I'm pretty sure you're tired after such a long flight and want to freshen up."

 

"Neh, thank you…" you replied in a small voice before scurrying up the stairs in a hurry. On the way, you heard Himchan's voice.

 

"She's... different. I imagined someone more fashionable and wears makeup as Yongguk's cousin."

 

As much as he might've meant no harm at all, you couldn't help but to feel a pang in your chest. Yes, you were naturally a very sensitive person and had no confidence in your own appearance. Not wanting to hear anymore, you quickened your pace.

 

Yongguk slowly turned to Himchan and raised an unamused eyebrow. "Got a problem with my cousin? I think she's fine the way she looks."

 

The latter put up his hands in a cross motion. "Uh, no problem! She looks more innocent like this."

 

Daehyun scoffed inaudibly. *Yeah, innocent. Right.* Suddenly, you appeared at the top of the stairs again.

 

Feeling embarrassed, you timidly asked "Y-yongguk-ah… which one is my room?" Your ears were already red because you felt stupid asking that in front of everyone after you just ran off before. You were so eager to get away from Daehyun's unwelcoming aura that didn't even realize you had no idea where your room was.

 

Your cousin just chuckled. "Silly girl, I'll come show you."

 

The rest of the boys just watched the two of you disappear upstairs.

 

Youngjae broke the silence. "You really need to learn to shut up Hyung." Himchan whipped his head towards him.

 

"What? I didn't say anything." Youngjae rolled his eyes at his reply and continued flipping through the new electronics designs on his iPad.

 

"Hana-noona seems very shy." The others just nodded in agreement at Zelo's comment, with the exception of Daehyun. Instead, he was feeling annoyed that you managed to trick the others already with what he presumed was your 'amazing acting skills'. So without another word he walked away to do something more interesting than to talk to the others about how 'shy' and 'innocent' you were.

 

Noticing his strange behaviour, Youngjae raised an eyebrow but decided not to say anything.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Daehyun, could you call Hana down for breakfast for me?" Yongguk asked.

 

A week had passed since you suddenly arrived out of the blue and for the first few days, you were starting to see some hope in having a new start. But you noticed that every time you were getting just that little bit closer to the others, Daehyun would shoot you dirty looks and start to ignore the others completely. So being the considerate person you always were, you distanced yourself so as to not ruin their close friendship.

 

Groaning to himself, Daehyun hoisted himself from his chair and unwillingly dragged himself up the stairs. Hearing one rough thump on your bedroom door, you opened the door to see a phone screen being shoved in your face.

 

Hyung said to come down for breakfast, it read.

 

"Eo… thank you Daehyun-ssi. I'll be right down." You politely bowed, but straightened up to see that he had already walked away from you.

 

You sighed. Cold, as always. Nothing new.

 

"Good morning Hana/Noona!" the others greeted cheerfully as soon as they saw you in hopes of drawing out a brighter reaction from you.

 

You nodded and smiled awkwardly. "Good morning," you softly said, before taking a seat.

 

Instantly, Daehyun shot out of his seat. "I'm done. I'm going out."

 

"Yah! Where are going!" Himchan called after him, only hearing the front door slam in response. "Aish, that kid."

 

"Why's Hyung so moody these days anyway?" Zelo innocently asked.

 

Guiltily, you lowered your head. *Because of me…*

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You lay there, lifelessly, on your bed with your precious white guitar in your hands. Mindlessly, you started strumming random tunes while thinking about everything that has happened recently. You were so absorbed in your thoughts that you jolted up in shock and fell off the bed painfully when you were interrupted by a sudden loud thump on your door.

 

"Ow…" you winced, rubbing the part of your leg you fell on. Shifting your attention to the door, you noticed a piece of paper had been pushed under your door.

 

The word 'Q U I E T' was splotched all over the page in big, fat, messy writing. In turn, you had a very big idea who this note could've come from.

 

For the millionth time since your arrival, you sighed. You've had it. You felt too suffocated being stuck in this house. You needed out. You just needed somewhere -- anywhere-- you could go and relax.

 

Grabbing nothing but a jacket and your guitar, you headed out into the Seoul streets. Remembering the place you happened to stumble upon on your first day, you let your feet lead the way without another thought. You enjoyed the feeling of the cool breeze at your bare face, the wind soaring through your sleek, black hair. For the very first time in a very long time, you felt carefree, worry-free. It wasn't long until that familiar ambience of peacefulness entered your senses and you knew you had found the right place.

 

Trees rustled calmly to the wind as it carried the sweet scent of blossoms and petals through the air. You were at a garden. The beautiful, public garden full of blooming, colourful flowers which nobody seemed to appreciate anymore. Not that you really minded at the moment -- you liked the peaceful quiet of the place. You wouldn't want it any other way, especially when you were looking for an escape.

 

Taking a seat on a bench, you closed your eyes and slowly breathed in and out, allowing your creative mind to freely wander to the hidden depths of your imagination. Soaking in all the inspiration you received from this place you now claimed yours, you felt a tune start to play from your fingertips, your pick moving elegantly over the strings.

 

That was your way. Your own way of relaxing. Your own way of expressing yourself.

 

The life of a lonely girl,

Walking along the road with heavy steps.

With each step she takes,

She enters deeply into a world of oblivion.

 

When she feels she has hit rock bottom,

She feels nothing can pick her up.

No matter how much she wants to hope,

Belief has dimmed time and time again.

 

You were in your own world, blocking out everything from the real world, letting the words flow from your lips as you sang with your heart.

 

Unknowingly, she has overseen the brightness,

The unlikely brightness she did not trust.

Even until now, she wants to hope,

Hope that she will find that silver-lining within her cloud.

She borrows from an unknown force,

Feeling herself be lifted from the ground for the first time.

A foreign yet wonderful feeling can flourish,

As that one thing tells her she can be happy.

 

That itself is enough. All she ever needs is to be happy.

 

Your fingers clutched onto your pick as your right hand ended with a downward motion. You smiled in content at your work, feeling accomplished.

 

"It's been awhile since I've been able to do this," you breathed. "Too long."

 

Finally breaking out of your own little world, you noticed that the day had turned into night. Your eyes widened in shock as you hurriedly packed up your guitar and hurried home. *Oh no, Yongguk must be worried sick about me!* Holding tightly onto your guitar, you picked up speed and ran as fast as you could.

 

A figure watched your back figure as it disappeared into the night. A gentle smile broke out on his face as he thought back to the beautiful, emotional melody he had just heard. Just as he was about to turn around and head off, he caught sight of a white object lying on the bench you were at just a minute ago.

 

It was your guitar pick.

 

Picking it up and looking at it closely, he saw that there were words etched in silver.

 

"Kim… Ha… Na…" he read. "Kim Hana."

 

He smiled as he enclosed the pick in his palm.

 

"I hope to meet you again soon, Kim Hana."

 

 

============================

 

 

Poor Hana, Daehyun's being mean to her. He's mistaken!!!

 

:P