Friend Gathering

Life As Kim Namjoon's Younger Sister. (HIATUS)
When they were 5? What the actual heck?
 
"5?" I ask in disbelief and Xiao nods his head as he continues rubbing Myao's arms in comfort.
 
"How- how did you manage to-?" I can't even complete my sentence.
 
"Our aunt took us in but we left her home at the age of 14. The 9 years we spent with her was pure torture, we've been living by ourselves for 2 years," Xiao says.
 
"That must be really difficult," I say sympathetically and he nods.
 
"It is, but at the end of the day I have Myao and he has me, so it's all alright," Xiao says and sends me his eye-smile again.
 
"You're 16?" I ask him, and he nods.
 
"Oh, I'm 17. You're the same age as Ara," I say and Xiao nods.
 
"Yeah, we've talked before," Xiao says.
 
"Really? When?" I ask in surprise.
 
"When V and Jung Kook decided to gang up on is," Myao mumbled in disgust.
 
"Huh?" I as in confusion.
 
Xiao answers for Myao, "Ara came up to us and welcomed us to the school. V and Jungkook, I don't know if they were being jealous or protective, but they came up and started cursing us out."
 
I nodded and gestured for him to continue.
 
"Eventually things got ugly and they beat us up pretty bad, they told us not to get near their property and that that's why they were the rulers of the school," Myao finished off.
 
"That's funny- they told me you were insulting them," I mutter.
 
"We weren't insulting them, Ara told us to avoid them and we said stuff like, 'Oh well why are they the rulers?' and, 'We could be them too, but we don't want to.' Myao and I, we're not really into violence. We also hate gangs so you could see why there was a misunderstanding, but Bangtan seem like a 'nice' gang so I guess we'll be able to get along with them," Xiao says.
 
I smile, "Well we should probably head over to Jin's, he'd be pissed if we don't show up at all."
 
Myao chuckled for the first time, and it sounded so cute.
 
They really did look exactly alike, sounded alike, but they acted differently. 
 
Xiao was so friendly, easy-going, and sweet.
 
Myao, on the other hand, was very protective. Although he looked like a 4 year old with his babyface /soft voice and all, he looked out for his brother a lot. I can still tell that he's a softie- he just hides it with his tough act. 
 
Maybe, if I get through to him, just maybe- he'll be exactly like Xiao. Maybe he's just like this around new people, I can see the similarities already. 
 
---
 
"Uwa! Unnie you made it!" Ara says as she opens the door.
 
"Yeah," I say and walk inside with Xiao and Myao behind me.
 
The first thing they do is bow and stand still, earning a weird look from everyone in the room.
 
Suga goes up and cheerfully smack Myao's back, who's eyes widen slightly, "You don't have to be formal with us, you guys." He laughs at Myao's stuff posture.
 
Xiao giggles and drags his brother with him, "Can we sit down?"
 
Jin nods, "But why would you want to sit? My house is like an indoor amusement park."
 
Xiao grins as he looks around, "Myao! Myao, look! It's amazing."
 
Myao silently looks around and gives one bop of his head.
 
"Hey, Xiao do you want to have a jumping contest with me in the bounce room?" J-Hope asks and Xiao nods eagerly.
 
He stands up but Myao grabs his hand, "Don't go.."
 
Xiao sighs, "I would love to J-Hope Hyung, but my brother."
 
I could have bawled right there.
 
"Don't worry about Myao, we'll go race in the kart room," Namjoon oppa says and flings an arm around Myao while shooing Xiao away.
 
"Thanks Namjoong Hyung! Myao, will you be okay?" Xiao asks as he releases his hand from Myao's.
 
It takes a few seconds but Myao mumbles a barely audible, "Ne," with his soft voice.
 
"Thanks Hyungie!" Xiao says and kisses Myao's cheek before running to J-Hope.
 
"Jin, do you want to join us?" Namjoon calls out.
 
"Yea, let's go!" Jin and Namjoon practically drag an un-amused Myao away.
 
"Min-ah, Ara-ah, can you go with Jimin and Suga Hyung, Jung Kook and I need to have a word with ____-ah," V says as he shoots me a narrow glare.
 
"Yea, fine," Min-ah shrugs and takes Ara by the arm.
 
Once they've left Jung Kook lets out a heavy sigh, "Noona! How could you make friends with those two!?" 
 
"I had to tutor them, and they came up to me. Plus, they're really sweet so you should move on and make friends with them," I answer and cross my arms over my chest.
 
"They insulted us!" V says and looks at me like I'm crazy.
 
"Well it was a misunderstanding, and  you beat them up for it! V, they don't have parents like we do. They live off their own money!" I say and V's expression falters.
 
"B-but noona they were talking to Ara! Don't you always go on and on about protecting her?" Jung Kook asks me.
 
"Actually, Ara talked to them first and she brought the topic of you guys up first, before they did. Just get along with them, please?" I ask the two of them.
 
They look at each other and V lets out and exaggerated sigh, "Fine!"
 
"Great," I say and grin.
 
----
 
"That was amazing, J-Hope Hyung!" Xiao cheers as enters the common room again. 
 
Seconds later, Suga's group enters the room as well.
 
"That was so cool! How'd you learn to drive like that Myao!?" Namjoon oppa yells as he pats Myao on the shoulder.
 
Myao shrugs in return.
 
"Man, this kid beat us- four times!" Jin says and Myao give a small smile for us.
 
"Myao loves racing, he's really good at it," Xiao says and goes over to reclaim his brother who seems in a very uncomfortable position.
 
"Oh really now? Then you and I should compete," Jung Kook says and Myao blinks at him.
 
Everyone (besides V, Myao, and I) gasps.
 
"Who me?" Myao points at himself and tilts his head. It is illegal to be this cute.
 
"No, the ceiling- yes you," Jung Kook says and smirks.
 
"Oh- um sure," Myao mumbles and looks at his brother who smiles at him. 
 
"What do you like Xiao?" Min asks him.
 
Before Xiao can reply, Myao does, "Xiao likes to be bipolar. He does aegyo way to often- he's like an alien. He has this 4D personality."
 
Xiao pouts at Myao who grins at him.
 
"Myao's smiling!" J-Hope says and falls onto sofa.
 
"Wow, Xiao. You and V could be twins as well- well personality wise anyway," Jimin says as V grins himself.
 
"I guess I was wrong, maybe you aren't so bad after all. Say, do you want to go and get some free things by using our aegyo powers?" V questions and Xiao smiles.
 
"No, seriously, older women love my aegyo. And I bet they'll love yours too," V says and Xiao nods.
 
"Great, we can go tomorrow," V says and links arms with Xiao.
 
Myao tugs Xiao away from V, his smile disappearing. He throws an arm around Xiao's waist, "Mine."
 
V just shrugs it off and Xiao sighs but smiles at his brothers protectiveness.
 
"Yah, ____-ah, why are you so silent? Usually I can't get you to shut up," Namjoon oppa sighs and I hit him.
 
Namjoon oppa whimpers, "My little sister is so violent."