chp. 2

My Lovely Devil Stepbrother

 

The subject finished and it’s break time. You sighed hard not because the subject was hard to understand but it because L. He always made your concentration lost by calling your name, pulling your hairs, shaking your chair, and many more. It’s annoyed you so much but you have to act like you didn’t bother by him so you remain to act cool and him who being so stubborn kept doing it until the subject finished. When Mr. Jung left the class, you couldn’t hold it any longer.

“yah L! What’s your problem! Why you keep disturbing me!” you yelled at him, made the whole class attention to you. He just smirked then left the class with his 3 friends.

“yah! Answer me!” you shouted to him. “Aish, that jerk..” Eunji caress your hand tried to calm you.

L who was heard that just grinning and kept walking towards to canteen.

“hyung, why do you like to tease ~~~?” Sungjong asked him. “do you like her?”

“it’s impossible! Myungsoo type is girl who pretty as Hyosung nunna! His standard is high, you know!” Sungyeol blurted out. L just chuckled.

“don’t get it wrong. Ok? I do it just for fun.” L just smiled.

“you better stop it, before it become a habit and make you can’t go away from her.” Hoya said.

L just rolled his eyes. “you must be kidding hyung.”

“I’m just telling the truth. You will never know if someday you get addicted to her” He shrugged. “kajja, let’s go to canteen. I’m really hungry.”

You and Eunji finally got your food after long time queue. You looking for empty seat and suddenly bumped into someone. “ah, mianhamnida.” You bowed.

“gwaenchanayo. Oh, it’s you ~~~-ah.. You alright?” the man you bump asked.

You looked at the voice and saw Sunggyu smiling. “nde oppa.” you smiled too.

“are you looking for seats? I think they already full. Do you want to seat with us?” he offered you.

You were thinking for a minute. “gomawo oppa, it’s alright. I can find another seat for us.” You kindly refused his offer. Because you knew, if you were sat with him you will see that L jerk again and you were too lazy to deal with him.

While you, Eunji and Sunggyu talking and looking around for the seat L kept his eyes on you. He was curious, how did Sunggyu knew about you? But he kept quiet and acted like nothing happen. When Sunggyu finally back and sat next to him, then L nudged him.

“hyung..” he started. “do you know that girl?” his eyes looking at you.

“Nugu? Ah, you mean ~~~-ah?” he following L eyes. “Why?” he asked back.

“hyung.. I ask you first.” L rolled his eyes.

“ahahaa.. mianhe, mianhe. I barely know her. Hmm.. Maybe from six months ago?” Sunggyu counted.

“how?” L asked again.

“yah yah.. why so suddenly you want to know about this girl?” Sunggyu question him with raised brow. “don’t tell me, you like her?” he teasing L.

“he like.. screw that, he love to hyung.” Hoya told him.

L glared at Hoya and then remained to act cool. “just curious.”

Then the bell ringing means the break time was over. L rise from his seat. “I’m going first hyung.” Then he left his hyung and friends behind. When he finally reached the class, he saw that you already sat and talking with Eunji while smiling widely. He smirked and then approached you.

When you saw him coming to you, your smile automatically disappear and change into a frown. You stopped talking. Eunji who saw the change on your face, already knew what will happen next. “just ignore him, ok?” she said. You just sighed and nodded.

He sat on the empty chair in front of you, you trying to ignore him and read a book. Then you felt his finger playing with yours. You growled quietly and he kept doing that until you couldn’t take it any longer. You pinched his hand, made him yelp and quickly moved his hand.

“what do you want?” you finally asked but not looking to him.

“can I ask you something?” he said.

“what is that?” you asked again.

“how do you know Sunggyu hyung?” he asked.

“what?” finally your looked at him with questioningly face.

“how do you know Sunggyu hyung?” he repeated his question.

You scoffed. “my life isn’t your business master.”

Then he said something that you didn’t expect. “you know, you are not Sunggyu hyung type.” He eyeing you from top till bottom. “Hyung just act kind in front of you. Don’t force yourself to get his attention. And once again, don’t hope too much.” He smirked.

Your eyes widened in surprise. “WHAT??!! do you think that I-“ but he cut you talk. “don’t deny it. I know you like him. You better suit yourself.” He smirked and then back to his own chair behind you.

You still couldn’t believe what he said earlier. Damn that L.

You wanted to explain to him but you suddenly remember your situation. It’s made kind of hard to tell the truth because you didn’t want anybody knew about it. So you had to keep quiet. Finally the subject was start so you didn’t have any time to think about it. But you need to kept focus on the subject because you know.. L will not make it easy for you.

Finally the subject was over and time to go home. Eunji had to go first because she got call from her mother. You walking towards out class but someone block your ways. You sighed for N-times and look to L who standing in front of the door.

“move.” you told him.

“what if I say…NO?” he replied.

You tried to say something but then he stopped you. “you forget this.” He handed your book.

You accepted it. “gomawo.” He just nodded and left you. Maybe he was not too bad as you think sometimes he was kind to you. But it never last long. Then you continued your walk to home alone.

When you entered your house, you heard you mom giggling and a man laughing. Got curious you coming toward the living room and saw your mom smiling to a man who you thought a little bit older from your mom. “oh, honey. You’re home.” She saw you and smiling.

“nde mom.” You bowed to the man.

He bowed you too and smiled. “you must be ~~~-ah. Am I right?”

You nodded.”nde ajussi.”

“I’m Lee Minjun. I’m your mom…” he quiet for a while and looking to your mom. While your mom looking too at him.

You smiled. “you are her close friend right? Or I should say ‘boyfriend’?”

You and Hyosung eonni actually already knew that your mom has someone. But you didn’t care. Because at last you could see your mother smiling happily after some hard years since your father passed away.

His lips curved into smile. “you approve me as your mom boyfriend?” he asked you again.

You smiled. “please make her happy and please continue what you are doing now. I will excuse myself.” Then you walked toward your room upstairs.

You change your uniform into a comfortable one and then you start doing your homework. When you finished, it’s already dinner time. Then you heard a soft in your door. “honey, time to dinner. Get down now.”

“nde mom.” You said and then you go down joining your mother and sister who already sat down.

“since we all gather around I wanna tell something to you.” She inhaled before continue. “ you now, that man who came here earlier?”

You and your eonni nodded and giving your mom a sign to continue her speak.

“he proposed me.. and I said yes.” She told while blushing.

“kyaaa!! Congrats mom!!!” you jumped from your chair and hug her and your eonni hugged her too.

“tomorrow we have to meet his family to talked about this. You two must go home quickly, remember that.” She told you. You and your eonni nodded and smiling.

Then all of you continue the dinner while hearing your mom stories about him.