It's Our Anniversary?

In Love With School's Kingka - Spin Off Stories

Kris sighed exasperated. It was his and Tao's anniversary soon and after fiasco of forgetting last year he had to come up with something big.

But what?

Walking down the streets he tried to look for something he knew his boyfriend would like for sure. But nothing seemed eligible enough for Tao. He passed by so many stores he couldn't even count; his legs numb from all the walking, but he didn't notice that. He was far too much stressed about the perfect gift. 

Shrill ringing noise of his cell phone cut his thoughts of the present short. Looking at the ID he grinned. 

"Heeeeey Kai." he cooed to the other. 

"Oh god what do you need Kris?" he heard the other sigh on the other line. 

"Who?! Me?!' Kris played innocent. 

"No, my grandmother. Now spill it." Kai said over the phone. "And it better be good or I'm just wasting reception." 

"Oh, yeah you and Kyung went to a trip. How's that working out for you?" Kris smirked. Knowing his friend they were having really hot times - in bed. 

"Not well. That's why I called." Kai heaved a sigh once again. 

Kris frowned. "What do you mean not well?" 

"Weeeeell... I kind of, maybe have tried to ually assault him on the plane which resulted in him ignoring me." Kai said in one breath. 

"Stupid, try being romantic." Kris said. 

"Yeah, says the guy who forgot his own anniversary." Kai snorted. 

"You know I'm not good with dates." Kris defended. "And I was hoping you could help me with this one."  

"Woah our timing is good." said Kai. 

"I'm thinking we're twins separated by birth." 

"No . Now about the present. How about a picnic in park. Old Chinese food, some pandas around you. And bam you get ." 

"Unlike you, yes. Thanks for the idea, Kai." Kris grinned before clicking the red button. 

After a minute he got a text message. 

From: Kai

You son of a ! What about my problem!?! 

Kris quickly texted him back a pretty obvious solution about the problem and went shopping for all the necessities.  

Two - exhausting - hours later, he was finished. He loaded everything into his car trunk and sat inside. Leaning his head against the seat cushion he exhaled deeply. 

For two hours he was stuck looking for all the Chinese things he could find lanterns, blanket, then ingredients for home cooked Chinese traditional dish and of course two traditional Chinese outfits.

The idea hit him when Kai said old Chinese food. He remembered how Tao always misses home and how much he loves China therefore he wants to give him a Chinese traditionals in flash. 

He got home and said hi to his parents. Before running to his room. 

Only three more days, Kris thought as he stored all the items carefully. 

 


 

Three days later, Saturday, Kris was in his kitchen. He shooed his parents out of the house for the day and he started preparing for the celebration. Just as he pulled out everything he needed his phone rang. 

"Hey baby." he cooed instantly. He heard his lover giggle on the other line and his couldn't help the grin that spread across his face.

"Hey. What are you doing today?" Tao asked. 

"Nothing really. I thought we could watch a movie around 5, since my parents went to their friends for a day." Kris said, trying to hide his excitement. 

"Oh." Tao sounded a little disappointed. "Only watching a movie?" he asked. 

"Well I was thinking..." Kris paused a little. 

"Yes?"  Tao's voice grew excited. 

"Since I have the empty house..." Kris paused again. 

"Mhm, go on." Tao urged him. 

"That we could get a little wild after the movie." Kris finished, his voice dripping with fake lust. Though Tao didn't notice that. 

"Oh." Tao sounded disappointed for real. 

"So I'll see you latter?" Kris asked, wanting to get back to his preparations. 

"Yeah. Sure. 5 o'clock." Tao said before hanging up. 

Kris couldn't stop the laugh that escaped his lips. Tao was certainly thinking he forgot their anniversary. That was what Kris exactly wanted, so his surprise could only be bigger. 

He grinned going back to preparing. 

He laid out the clothes on the couch, placed the lanterns all around the living room. Taped a ribbon that read "I love you" in Chinese, above the TV. He cleared out the coffee table, so that he can place food later on. 

After he was finished with decorations Kris looked around the living room. It was perfect. He added scented candles on the empty surfaces. He would lit them later, before Tao comes. 

Happy he headed to kitchen. He took out his mother's old cook book and searched for Tao's favorite. Celery with cream soup. 

He was ought to prepare other Qingdao traditional's, like stew salted fish and sea cucumbers stewed with shallots.Kris wasn't much of a cook. But he was ready to try for his lover. Plus he needed to redeem for the last year, when he oh-so-conveniently forgot.

He started working on the cream soup first since it was easiest to make.

"2 stalk celery." Kris read. "Check." he said putting the celery in front of him.

"3/4 milk." Kris took out his mother's measure lid and poured exactly 3/4 of milk. 

He did the exact same thing with the rest of the ingredients. Then he proceeded with mixing everything, it all went according to the recipe. After steering the soup to its finish Kris put it on the dinning table and covered the ceramic bowl he poured the soup in. 

Then he proceeded to make the stew salted fish. His mother soaked the fish last night; even though Kris wanted to do everything by himself, he was thankful for it, because he would never remember to do it and he would have loads of trouble now. 

He cleaned the fish of its scales and bones and put it in a oily pan. He left it like that while he worked on seasonings. He added everything to the fish in the pan and steered it. 

Then while the fish was frying he made dumplings which was really easy for him since he knew it from earlier. Now he had the fish and dumplings on the stove and Kris busied himself with preparing the cucumbers. What he didn't notice was that the fish was cooked well by now and due to high temperature it started burning. 

Kris' nose caught the smell and he dropped the cucumbers fast going to the stove. 

"! ! !" he cursed removing the pan and putting it on a shim. 

He opened the lid on the pan, a wave of steam hitting his face. He coughed from the heat, waving his hand in the air to remove the steam. 

The damage wasn't big - but the fish wasn't perfect as he wished for it to be. Kris looked at the dumplings on the stove. 

"At least they'll taste good." he smiled sadly. 

He removed the pot with dumplings and arranged it on a round plate along with the fish. It looked good and Kris was satisfied. Though, he thought his boyfriend deserved only the best, Kris didn't have time to fix everything. So he finished preparing the rest of the food. He sliced the cucumbers and prepared pancakes, which were another Tao's favorite. 

When he was done he looked at the clock. He only had forty-five minutes to fix himself, the house and set the rest of the living room up. 

He ran upstairs and took a quick shower. His hear was wet and he was running around in his boxers, little sprinkles flying everywhere as he franticly ran to the kitchen. 

He put the dishes in the sink leaving them for later and hastily took the food and arranged it on the small coffee table. He lit the candles and sprayed a lavender scented air refreshner all over the room. He closed the curtain that stood on the door frame to shield it from curious (or Tao's) eyes.

Just as he ran to his room again to get dressed and dry his hair the door rang. 

"Coming!" he yelled putting on a shirt and pants not even looking at what he was wearing and ran a towel through his hair. The doorbell rang again and Kris knew if he didn't hurry he'll have a pissed panda. 

He ran downstairs skipping two steps at the time and in no time he opened the door. 

"Hey." he smiled leaning on the door frame trying to look cool. 

Tao proved him otherwise, however, when his cute little panda laughed out loud. 

"Nice shirt." he commented before moving in. 

Kris looked down at his shirt confused. 

you Kai!, he thought closing the door. 

In his rush Kris took his birthday present shirt he got from Kai. And the shirt oh-so-adorably read "I'm a fluffy dragon" with a cute dragon picture bellow. 

"Kris!" Kris didn't have time to think as his love called him. "What's with the curtains?" 

"Wait!!!" he yelled. 

He ran to his lover's side and stopped him from pulling the curtains. 

"Hey.." he said trying to sound.. smooth.

"What's going on?" Tao demanded. "This isn't one of your tricks to get in my pants right?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. 

"What?!" Kris put a hand over his chest. "I can't believe you consider I am such person!" he gasped for the effect. 

Tao instantly chortled.. He liked the childish side of his boyfriend. Only he could see it and it was on rare occasions. 

"Really now, what's up?" he asked once again. 

"Well you know." Kris sighed.

Here comes nothing he thought, before continuing.

"I am not a perfect boyfriend. I abuse you ually, I haven't even met your parents, I rarely laugh with you." he said, his face down. "But I do love you!" he exclaimed lifting his head. "And I want to become a good boyfriend, one you'll be proud of." he let out a exasperated sigh. "So, without further ado." his hands gripped the curtains. "Happy Anniversary Taozi!" he yelled pulling the curtains and revealing his work. 

Tao gasped at the sight. 

"Kris." he said, eyes bulging out. "This is..." he slowly stepped in the room. Kris eyed him with uncertain eyes. "-it's... amazing!" he exclaimed, gasping once again. 

Kris smiled in victory as Tao wrapped his arms and legs around Kris, making them tumble down to the ground. 

"I love you!" he yelled peppering Kris' face with kisses. "I love you" more kisses. "I love you so much!" he finally pulled from his face. 

"And you thought I forgot." Kris said pouting. Tao laughed. 

"Well you weren't exactly hyper about today either. So...." Tao let the words linger. 

The two lied on the floor in silence, smiling at each other. 

"How about we start eating before the food gets cold." Kris suggested still smiling. 

"Yeah." Tao nodded, still smiling. 

But none made any action to move. 

"Umm. Tao. Foods over there." Kris said pointing at their side. 

"I know." Tao nodded, but he stayed still. Kris eyed him. 

In the end Kris sighed and sat up making Tao move to his lap. When the latter still didn't move, Kris stood up with Tao wrapped around him. 

He carried Tao like a baby and sat down with him. 

"You know I'm not very creative with gifts so... ..um, yeah.. this is for you." Kris stuttered. 

Tao turned in his lap carefully. 

"I'm too high." Tao pouted jumping up and down on Kris' thighs. 

"Well, why don't you sit across?" Kris rolled his eyes playfully, even though his beautiful boyfriend couldn't see it. 

"No." Tao crossed his arms. "You make your legs smaller." he said childishly. 

Kris smirked. "Okay." he spread his legs making Tao fall on his behind with a thud. 

"Hey!" Tao slapped Kris' biceps. 

"You said it was too high." Kris looked at him innocently. 

"Jerk." Tao huffed, but took utensils in his hand and started eating. 

"This is so good!" he said eyes sparkly. He turned to Kris with a spoon full of cream soup. "Say aaah." he said making the spoon fly like an airplane. Kris opened his mouth like a kid and the plane landed in his mouth. 

"Yummy." he exclaimed.

"Oh!" he suddenly remembered. "I have something for us to wear." he said, smiling proudly. 

"Really?" Tao asked, taking another spoon of cream soup. 

Kris wiggled out of their position and took the clothes he bought for them. He showed them to Tao, grinning widely. 

"Kris." Tao put the spoon back in the plate. He stood up and went to Kris. 

"Thank you so much!" he said tears in his eyes. "I love it!" he said hugging the living daylights out of Kris. "I love it so much!" he weeped now. 

Kris hugged him tightly. 

"Happy Anniversary." he whispered. 

Tao pulled out and kissed him deeply. Suddenly he pulled out, his nose twitched as he smelled the air around him. 

"Do you smell something burnt?" he asked. "Mixed with... lavender?" he looked around confused. 

"Ughh.. No!" Kris scratched the back of his neck. "Let's finish eating" he said hurriedly, pulling Tao  back to the table. 

He stuffed the food in his boyfriends mouth and fed him the rest of their little lunch. 

 



 

A/N: I've been so stuck with this. And I imagined it a lot more funnier. But I guess this is that.. :/ 

Next chapter: Kaisoo vacation continues and what is Kris' solution for Kai's problem?