Serenade For You

In Love With School's Kingka - Spin Off Stories

Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat on their hill, Baekhyun in between Chanyeol's long legs. Their fingers were laced together as Chanyeol's cell phone produced a lovely tune. 

"I like it." Baekhyun said, lowly humming with the song. 

"I know you would. You like everything I write." Chanyeol snorted, kissing the shorter's male head affectionately.

"Hah! Don't flatter yourself. I didn't like your first song." he said. 

"That's because you weren't even listening." Chanyeol retorted. 

"Yeah, I thought my ears were going to bleed back then." Baekhyun snickered. He just loved teasing his boyfriend. Especially to see the reaction the other gave. 

"You're lying!" Chanyeol defended. "I wasn't that bad!" he pouted. And even though Baekhyun couldn't see it he knew it was there. He laughed. Something he found himself do more often nowadays. More often in Chanyeol's presence. 

"Was it really bad?" Chanyeol asked weakly. Baekhyun only laughed harder.

"Of course it was." he said through his laughter. "It was getting awfully hot, why else would I cool you down?" he asked, jokingly. 

"I was too hot for you to handle?" Chanyeol tried playfully, causing more laughter to erupt from his cute boyfriend. 

"Yeah, sure." the other boy sighed. 

 

...

 

Baekhyun woke up with a groan. He had yet another nightmare of his father. He rubbed his eyes groggily and left the warmth of his sheets. His body trembled as the cold air hit the bare parts of his skin. 

He ran into the bathroom as quickly as possible. 

After a warm breakfast and milk Baekhyun went upstairs to finish his homework. Can't slack off, he thought as he worked on the equations. 

Just like the ones on the paper, Chanyeol was a huge enigma. He didn't have only one or two solutions. He had one million and one solutions, but somehow Baekhyun couldn't find any of them. 

As he was getting warmed up to calculus he heard a noise outside his window. 

"Is that?" he asked the empty room. "I though I told him..." he got up and sneaked to the window. 

True to his assumptions Chanyeol stood there, guitar in his hands strumming away. His mouth opened in producing the lyrics. 

"Baekhuyn, my love! When will you see? It is only me!" he sang. Baekhyun wanted to face-palm. What kind of lyrics were those? 

"The one that loves you! The one that wants you! It's all just me, baby." the other continued. 

Baekhyun couldn't take it anymore. He ran to his bathroom and filled a washbowl with ice cold water. He even ran to the kitchen and took some ice cubes from the fridge. 

He mixed everything and went back to his room. The washbowl was heavy but he managed to put in the right place.

"Oh Baekkie! Oh-oh-oh my Baekkie!" Chanyeol sang. 

Baekhyun opened his window as quietly as possible, Chanyeol to preoccupied with his singing to notice what was going on. Baekhyun used all of his strength to aim as close as possible to Chanyeol and threw the water on the unsuspecting boy. 

Water hit Chanyeol's head instantly and he stopped singing. Baekhyun had used a little too much strength and his arms gave out washbowl tumbling down to Chanyeol's head too. Luckily Chanyeol was safe and sound his curls had soften the hit. But still the impact had him falling down on his . 

Baekhyun laughs as Chanyeol looks up and starts whining. 

"Baekkie! I am pouring my heart out for you." he yelled, pouting childishly. 

"Well it !" Baekhyun lolled his tongue out. 

He shut the window not caring about the washbowl or the hurt person in front of his house.

Later that night, when his mother came home, she came inside caring the forgotten washbowl. 

"Baekhyun dear, what is this washbowl doing outside?" she asked softly. 

"I don't know." Baekhyun shrugs as he pops another mouth-full of popcorn into his awaiting mouth. 

His mother gives him a look. "You've been watering the grass?" she asks.

"Yeah, that's it." Baekhyun says nonchalantly. 

"Alright." his mother shrugs and continues her way. 

Baekhyun almost lets out a giggle, but continues eating his popcorn. 

 

...

 

"I had a bruise for a whole week!" Chanyeol shouts, but he's holding in his laughter. 

"But seriously, who sings "Oh Baekkie! Oh-oh-oh Baekkie!"?!" Baekhyun imitates Chanyeol's voice. 

"I do!" Chanyeol crosses his arms behind his boyfriend's back. "You just don't appreciate art in its finest form." he says and Baekhyun starts laughing. 

"Maybe you can give it another try." Baekhyun challenges. 

Before he knows it Chanyeol is up on his feet and is running down the hill towards their car. 

"Watch out, so you don't..." Baekhyun's words are cut with a loud thud and Chanyeol's cry of pain. "—fall and hurt yourself." Baekhyun says lowly. 

Sometimes he wonders what did he saw in the klutz? Looks?

Nah. 

Personality? 

Nope. 

But Baekhyun loves him and he knows the giant loves him too, when the other runs up the hill carrying his guitar and sporting a bruise on his forehead. 

"You are like a 3 year old." Baekhyun scolds, kissing Chanyeol's boo-boo. 

The taller boy just grins childishly before strumming the guitar and singing; "Baekkie! My Baekkie! Oh I love you my Baekkie!" in his deep baritone. 

Baekhyun just sways with the rhythm as he lets the love consume him. Before they know it the night envelops them and Chanyeol has to finish his little (long ) serenade and drive them both home.

 



A/N: No one said there won't be drabbles in here XD
I kind of, maybe, most accidentally forgot to put the serenade part into the story (got caught up in their angst that it totally slipped my mind ;-;) so here it is. Just a small serenade drabble. 
No matter what tune you imagine with Chanyeol's song, it'll still sound dumb, because I'm no damn lyric writer XD lol 

Tomorrow I'll be writing for the whole day, this is just a little start. Though I'm more set on my other stories (and the ones I have in drafts) this I think will finish soon. I don't have much to write and I'll probably put some Hunhan, Xiuchen before marking this complete. Perhaps two chapters for each. Since no one is requesting anything then this will be over soon :33

Lub cha all ♥