Shock.

Listen To Your Heart.

Youngbae's POV:

I walked Jiyong over to the couch and laid him down, slightly annoyed that he'd resorted to this extreme to relieve his stress. I just wished he'd tried to talk about whatever made him this upset instead of taking it into his own hands. I'd never seen him drunk before, and frankly, I was a bit nervous to see the result of it.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard Jiyong slur out something I couldn't understand. I had to shake my head for a second and ask him to repeat. "I'm sorry what was that, Ji?"

I could tell what came out of his mouth this time was different than what he said before, and his words were clear. "So she finally did it." He paused. "She never even felt anything. Not for a single minute."

"Is that where you were?"

Jiyong nodded and continued. "We were supposed to have had a date at the coffee shop earlier." He swallowed air. "I waited 2 hours. She never showed up, but as I was about to leave, she called. She found someone better, so she's leaving me." He sat up and looked at me. Even though he was drunk, he seemed so sober. He was still so serious. Maybe it was only to the point where he was drunk enough to tell me the story.

"I'm so sorry. That's terrible."

He looked down and started to shake lightly; I took the seat beside him on the couch. "She told me I was nothing. She felt nothing. She told me to delete her number and act like I didn't know her. Youngbae...?" I made a soft 'hm' sound and our eyes met again, his eyes reflected sadness and sorrow, but also something else. I wanted to say heat, passion; but that would clash with the other emotions he showed, as well as it would make no sense. His next action shocked me and confirmed two thoughts that I'd forced myself to push aside: that look in his eyes was definitely heat and passion, and that I, Dong Youngbae, had once more, completely and absolutely had fallen for my best friend.

Jiyong leaned forward and our lips locked. His arms wrapped around me and his eyes closed, mine remaining wide open like a deer in headlights. I didn't know how to react. Hell, I didn't even know if what was happening was real; it was all so confusing. As soon as I was about to kiss back, he broke the kiss, keeping our faces close and his arms around my neck. Our eyes were now locked. "You know I love you, right?" My eyes did the impossible and got even bigger, and now I was in complete freak-out mode. My eyes darted back and forth and around the room. He didn't just do that, right? He couldn't have. There's no way he loves me. It has to be the liquor.... He loosened his arms and I slipped out from under them, quickly disappearing to my room and hiding behind the now-closed door.

He's just upset over his and Ji-eun's break up. He didn't mean it. He couldn't have, right? I shouldn't believe a drunk man but god damn, he was convincing. "Aish!" I exclaimed in frustration as I grabbed the nearest thing and threw it across the room. Yeah, the result wasn't huge considering it was a pencil, but it helped let out a little stress. I sat against the door, running my finger across my lips. Why did you do it, Ji?


"God, I've been near to you, the feel of you gives me a rush
It makes me feel that what we have is real
"


Jiyong's POV:

I sat on the couch and stared at Youngbae's closed door, letting out a soft sigh. I didn't know if what I did was the right thing or not, but I do know it sobered my mind up right away. Guilt overwhelmed me as I realised what I did may not have even been based off of real feelings, but desperation. I didn't know how Youngbae felt about me, and surely his reaction didn't make things any clearer.

The thing that got me most was the fact that I knew something was there, I just didn't know for sure if that was it. I hope I didn't push him away.

I gave it an hour. An hour so that he would know I sobered up. Youngbae still hadn't come out, but I forced myself to take a deep breath and walk to his door. I kept my voice soft, I knew he would hear me. "Youngie, you're not mad are you?"

"Why would I be mad? I'm just confused."

"So am I."

There was a silence before Youngbae talked through the door again. I'd taken a seat against the opposite side of the door.

"Were you really drunk?"

"I was. But not as much as you may have thought. It hit me hard at first, but afterwards was just enough to give me courage."

"Courage to...well you know...?"

"Yeah. Look I'm really sorry if I u-"

"Did you mean it?"

"Huh?"

"Did you mean it when you said you loved me?"

"Well um, yeah."

"What about Ji-eun? Do you still love her?"

"Of course I still love her, but I do love you. I meant what I said when I said I loved you, but I didn't mean for my situation of confession to be so...sudden."

"...Sudden?" He took a long pause and I could hear him gulp. "How long have you loved me?"

"I can't remember when I started, but I know it's there. I didn't want to acknowledge it, because I knew if I did, it might screw up our friendship."

He stayed silent for a while and I became scared. I think he was too because when his voice came out, it was quiet and timid.

"I love you too."

I froze.

"Then what do we do?"

"We wait."

"We wait until...?"

"Until your heart moves on from Ji-eun. I'll help you move on. But first you need to know your feelings, Ji. I say you should give it time."

"I know my feelings, Bae."

"I'm not meaning those feelings. I mean the feelings you had before you drank that bottle of soju. Did your feelings about Ji-eun and your's break up go away that quickly?"

"They're still here. I'm just not focused on them right now. Other things are more important."

I heard him sigh behind the door. "Ji..."

"Look, all I'm saying is think about it. And by 'it', I mean... I don't know... maybe we can give love a try?"

"Give it a week."

"A week for what?"

"A week from today. If you're still thinking the same way you are now, after your emotions for Ji-eun have calmed, then let's. I don't want to wait, but I think it's best for both of us if we do. You need some time to get your feelings straight, and I need some time to think."

Youngbae's POV:

"If you don't want to, don't feel like you have to. By no means am I saying you have to go out with me."

I was having an internal debate with myself. My heart was racing, telling me to go for it immediately, whereas my brain kept telling me to wait. Should I tell him how long I've wanted this? "I know. And I know I definitely want to. I've wanted to for a long time now. I just want to make sure you're ready for this, because your last relationship wasn't exactly the greatest. If you think you're ready, I'd love to give it a try."

I stood up and opened the door, and Jiyong fell over into my room; I'd almost forgotten he was sitting against the door. I had to stifle a laugh as I offered a hand to help him up. He grabbed it and pulled himself up. I pulled him into a long hug, which I'd known he'd needed since he came home from the coffee shop hours ago. Jiyong returned the hug tightly and softly said a, "You make me feel better even though I felt like death earlier. Promise me we can stay like this."


A/N: So today was a double update day. I'll tell you what, I have ideas for this fic bigtime lately. Leave me some comments, votes, and subscribes and I will try to do another double update tomorrow. I really hope you enjoyed these first 2 chapters and that you have an amazing night/day/afternoon/morning. ♥-Baozi.