Hell.

Listen To Your Heart.

The next morning.


Youngbae's POV:

Today would start the week.

A week for Jiyong to clear his mind.

A week for me to clear my own.

A week in Japan for a special solo photoshoot.

When I came back from that week, if his feelings were true, which god I hope they are, all of my wishes upon shooting stars would become real.

I took in a deep breath as I sat on my bed and stared at my suitcase. This was going to be a long week. Glancing at my phone to check the time, I grabbed my plane tickets and shoved them in my pocket, taking the handle of the suitcase and rolling it out of my room. I expected Jiyong to still be asleep, since it was barely past sunrise. What I didn't expect was to step out of my room and be engulfed in a bear hug from my roommate.


Jiyong's expression was blank; I had to hold back a laugh at the fact he seemed to still be half asleep. "You're up a bit early." I said softly.

"I wanted to say goodbye." His words were quieter at the end as he let out a small yawn.

"It'll only be a week." I stated, trying to make it sound like it wouldn't feel like an eternity. Watching his slight swaying, I couldn't help but laugh. I put a hand on Jiyong's shoulder to steady him. "Go back to bed, alright? Remember, we still have phones to stay in touch." Jiyong nodded and I continued. "I'll be back next Saturday. I'll see you then."

"Bye."

"Bye." I gave a small wave and received one in return before I watched Jiyong walk tiredly back into his room. I grabbed my suitcase handle once more and rolled it out the door with me as I left the apartment.


Jiyong's POV: (A few hours after Youngbae left)

I went to bed last night with mixed emotions.

I woke up this morning to say goodbye to Youngbae since he'd be gone for a week. My head was a mess of thoughts. Partially due to everything that happened yesterday, partially due to what was said last night, and partially due to lack of sleep.

I. Felt. Like. Crap.

Physically, emotionally, and so on.

I was never the type to stress or mope over anything but I'm pretty sure anyone in my situation would feel a bit depressed over what Ji-eun did to me. I wanted to stay in bed and never leave, and that's exactly what I'll do.

Sure it helped that I got my feelings for Youngbae off of my chest, but it didn't help that he had to leave. I was fine with waiting, but a week without my best friend would be hell, and this week was bound to drag on and on since my schedule was completely empty. I'd have to make do. I'd have to distract myself as much as I could so I won't go insane.


4 days passed.

Who knew such a short amount of time could feel like an eternity? It had been 4 long day of laying in bed either thinking about Ji-eun or worrying that Youngbae would find someone else, since they weren't technically a thing. I hadn't left the bed except to occasionally get a glass of water or go to the restroom. Motivation was a thing I lacked completely.

I ventured up and out of bed for the first time in half a week and got dressed, deciding to get coffee. I grabbed my keys and headed out, and upon the loud sound of my stomach growling, made a mental reminder to eat since 4 days of no food takes its toll on the body. The elevator ride down to the lobby and the walk to the small coffee shop that had become like a second home to me, was short. It was something I saw almost every day for the past 5 years, but today it seemed like a blur. I ordered my usual, an iced caramel macchiato with chocolate flakes on top.

I took my seat at the table and sipped at me coffee, staring out the window. Life felt so dull. Some time passed and my glass emptied, so I decided to wander. At least the fresh air would get my mind off of things. I let my feet lead the way, not really caring where I went. They eventually brought me to a small park.

As much as I passed by this park, I never really stopped here. It really was a sight for sore eyes today; sakura trees in full bloom everywhere, the small pond glimmering in the sunlight. After a while, I took a seat on an empty swing and rocked lightly. The park was quiet today, which was good, because the last thing I needed was paparazzi or sasaengs in my face. It was nice.


Youngbae POV:

I let out a deep sigh as I  fell back onto the bed in my hotel room. Who knew photoshoots could be such a tiring job? I should be used to them by now considering I've been doing them for god only knows how long now. I've been here for 4 days and 4 nights, and this is the first bit of time I got to myself.

I wondered how Jiyong was doing, if he was eating well. I hoped he'd be well. My hands made their way across the bed to my phone and my fingers lingered over his name until I finally decided to press 'call.'

...ring...

...ring...

"Hello?" He answered almost immediately.

"Hey, um. How are things?" I asked.

"Okay, I guess. I'm tired but things are...normal."

"That's good."

"Yeah, what about you? Are they treating you well?"

"I've been good, just tired as hell." I let out a small laugh and continued. "They've been nice, but this is the first downtime I've gotten all week. It's tiring."

I could hear him let out a half-laugh-half-sigh on the other line."That explains why you haven't called. Yah, babo. When are you coming back? I miss your face."

I smiled. "Saturday at lunchtime. I miss your face too...baka."

"Don't you use your fancy Japanese words on me now." He said, pretending to be shocked that I spoke another language to him.

"I'll do what I want."

"Fine, babo. You better buy me food when you get back."

"Fine~. But I get to choose where we eat."

"Arasseo. Rest up and enjoy Japan before they make more schedules for you."

"Alright, you be good."

"Yeah, yeah. Love you." He said, sincerity in his voice.

"I uh, love you too." I felt my face flush slightly as the words came out.

He hung up first. I set my phone on my chest and just laid there for a moment. I don't think I'd ever be used to him loving me back. For so long, I'd loved Jiyong quietly, expecting nothing in return. This was such a change.

Looking out the window and seeing the sun going down, it hit me how long I've been laying here. Acting on a whim, I decided to take advantage of being in Tokyo and go to one of their many nightclubs.


Jiyong POV:

By now, it was completely dark out. I'd been laying on a bench enjoying the cool night ait. Through time, the amount of people passing by and through the park lessened. Once it got down to  ony 1 or 2 people every few minutes, I decided to leave and walk back to my apartment. Letting a yawn slip from my mouth, I got up from the bench and started walking.


A/N: Oops. Long time no see, eh? e-e' Sorry about that. I've had writers' block so badly lately. I had like 95873957348579438 ideas but I couldn't word them. Thank you all for sticking around, I hope you enjoy this chapter. -Baozi