Pancakes???

Listen To Your Heart.

Quick A/N because I don't think I made it very clear in the last chapter. When Youngbae came back it was night time. It was implied, but not implied very well haha. I hope that makes this chapter a little easier to understand. Toodles~ I hope you enjoy the chapter.


Youngbae POV:

Jiyong and I stood in each others' arms for a few minutes, my arms loosening their grip after the first minute or two and drooping from his waist. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep me from saying something I might regret later. He was sincere, it was clear to tell; I didn't have the heart to hurt him more when he obviously had regretted his actions. This didn't mean I was any less hurt or angry. I was still at the point where infuriated could be considered an understatement; but I imagined his actions had more of an effect on him than on me. I had to pretend I was okay. For his sake.

When we backed off and faced each other for a moment, I took the sight of him in; my heart sinking deeper than I thought possible. Jiyong's face looked as if it had lost all colour aside from the rings of black under his eyes from lack of sleep and the slight red tint and swell that blended with the rings. He hadn't slept; it was obvious. My eyes flickered around the apartment, looking completely untouched, aside from the door to Jiyong's room that was always open, with the exception of now. I could feel Jiyong's eyes boring a hole into me; he wanted me to say something, anything. Neither of us spoke, and questioned if the air had changed at all. I walked away first, going to the fridge for one of the green bottles of soju we always seemed to have a surplus of. Noticing that the amount had gone down roughly 10 bottles since last I was here, I looked over at Jiyong with concerned curiosity. He was staring, the glimmer of fear in his eyes visible from across the room. My mouth opened to say something, but no words came out. As much as I hated drinking out of anger or sadness, I grabbed the bottle, opening it and taking a large chug before replacing the cap and putting it back in the fridge, adjusting to the burning feeling in my throat. My feet led me out of the kitchen before pausing and debating which room to go in.

Guilt and reflex told me to go into Jiyong's room to lay down. But at the same time, my anger and instinct told me to sleep alone in my own room. I don't know how long we stood there before Jiyong finally spoke.


Jiyong POV:

I didn't know what to do or say. One wrong word and I risked him storming out on me again. Hesitantly, I spoke. My words were almost mute in the deafening silence of the apartment. "You should sleep. You're probably exhausted." Youngbae's eyes made their way from the floor to me, not neglecting to look over a single inch of my body. I couldn't tell what his expression was; anger, fear, sorrow? When our eyes met, his narrowed and he walked away, off into his room, closing the door behind him. That was the end of that. Shivers ran through my body before I followed suit and retreated to my own room, collapsing onto the bed and accepting the fact that tonight was going to be yet another sleepless night.

Before I could get my head straight, night turned to day once more and the blinding sun shone through my window. My head throbbed; partially from the lack of sleep, partially from the lingering feeling of helplessness, of hopelessness. I knew, despite my endless wishing, that our situation wasn't going to improve any time soon, unless some miracle happened. The urges attacked once more; urges to throw things across the room and punch the wall out of anger at my own sheer stupidity; but I made myself stay still. I sat on my bed, hugging my knees close to my chest with my blanket wrapped around my shoulders. I was about to get up and make a hot drink to make myself feel some sort of warmth when I heard a soft knock on my open door. My eyes flickered up from the sheets to the figure standing in the doorway, staring at the small pile of broken glass swept off into a corner of my room. He stood still for a moment, looking around my mostly unchanged room before coming over and sitting by me on the bed.

Silence filled the room, the most awkward kind of silence because neither of us knew what to say. Eventually, I spoke first, feeling like I had to say something, no matter how dumb it was.

"How'd you sleep?" My question caught Youngbae off-guard, I could tell from how quickly he looked up from staring at the floor.

"Good." He paused, closing his eyes for a moment before opening them once more, asking the question as if he already knew the answer. "What about you, did you sleep well?"

"I slept okay." I lied, feeling that I didn't deserve to make him feel bad by admitting that I didn't get a single blink of sleep. He could see right through it though, his lips turning to make a slight frown made it clear.

"Ji, have you slept at all?" I heard two things in his voice; concern was the most prominent tone, but behind it was still the cold tone that I'd almost exclusively heard this past week.

I let out a plastered a fake smile on my face and forced myself to laugh. I never realised how much sadness had buried itself into me until now when it hurt to do even this. "Of course I slept. You know me, I always sleep, Youngie." I softly punched him in the shoulder, smile fading as I saw his frown grow and I hoped that maybe someday we'd be back to normal.

He reached a hand up to his head, rubbing his temple. "If you're going to lie, don't make it so blatantly obvious."

"Why ask such an obvious question then?" I muttered under my breath. Youngbae said nothing and just sat where he was for a moment, staring at the floor.


Youngbae POV:

Silence filled the room once more and a wave of annoyance swept over me again. I wondered if I'd ever be truly over this. I stayed still for a moment, feeling my slight frown stay glued to my face before standing up and taking a step to leave the room. One step, that is. I made it that far before Jiyong grabbed my wrist and I spun on my heel to face him, his face a show of more sorrow and pleading than I thought possible for a human being to possess. My face softened as he spoke softly, almost in a whisper. "Please don't..." His words trailed off before he spoke again. "How can I make it up to you?"

"You don't have to-" I tried to answer, but he cut me off, his voice back at normal volume once more.

"Don't lie."

"No, really. You-"

"I want to. I owe it to you."

"Ji." I pause, maintaining my composure at his pleading little puppy-dog face. "Really, it's fine."

"Nothing?"

"Okay, fine. You really want to do something for me?" He perked up for a moment and looked up to meet my eyes before I noticed a small glint of fear in them. It was now that I realised the harsh tone I'd used before without meaning to. I made sure my tone wasn't so harsh this time. "I want pancakes, and you look like you haven't eaten in days. Take me to breakfast and I'll try my best to forget this happened. Just keep my warning in mind. Mention that harlot's name ever again around me, and-" I cut myself off, knowing he knew full well what I meant; there wasn't any need to keep repeating it.

Jiyong nodded, his unsureness of what to think reflected by his distant expression and eyes darting from side to side. After a couple of seconds, he looked up at me once more and repeated, a confused, yet slightly amused tone in his voice, "Pancakes?" He let out a small laugh at the end.

"I'm being so serious right now, Ji. Grand Hyatt isn't very far if you want to go to Paris Grille for pancakes." 

"Pancakes it is." He said quickly, his voice crescendo-ing at the end.

"Good, now get dressed pabo. I don't think they'd ve very happy if you showed up in your boxers and bunny slippers."


A/N: I'm so so so so so sorry for taking over a month to update. There's been a lot of stuff going on with me and it's been a bit hard to get my mind straight. The times I could actually think, I couldn't think of what to write. Anyways, enough about me. You guys are here for Jiyong and Youngbae, haha. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.