Runaway

TeenTop Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Ricky and Changjo were walking to school in the cold weather, while Niel was out with his boyfriend doing who—knows—what. They were walking hand—in—hand as Changjo tried to comfort the sulking Ricky.

                “Niel-hyung is really mean for leaving us in the cold.” Ricky complained, pouting.

                “Well, it’s not Niel-hyung’s fault, since CAP-hyung kidnapped him.” Changjo said, chuckling.

                Ricky kept complaining about how Niel should’ve told CAP to bring them too, instead of just leaving them like that while Changjo was still trying to crack some jokes so that the sulking boy would loosen up a bit.

                Suddenly, Ricky heard weird noises from the alley they were about to pass.

                “Did you hear that?” Ricky said, tightening his grip on Changjo’s hand.

                “Hear what?”

                “That!” Ricky exclaimed and hid behind Changjo when the sound was heard again.

                Changjo wasn’t sure what it was but he decided to check on it because it might be someone who was dying. Who would have known? Crazy things like that happened every day.

                “Changjo, be careful, I don’t want you to die just yet—I still love you, you know.” Ricky said as Changjo moved closer to the source of the sound.

                Chuckling, Changjo nodded as he moved forward the alley. Even though it was bright outside, the alley was dark and humid as well. Changjo shuddered as he entered the alley. He wasn’t someone that scared of ghosts, but he watched a lot of horror so he knew what usually happened on scene like that. He was walking when suddenly a cardboard box that was placed on the side of the alley slightly jumped, scaring Changjo.

                “The hell is that?” He asked himself as he clutched on his heart, not wanting it to fly away.

                He opened the cardboard box, revealing a soft white little puppy. The puppy stood on its hind legs and put his front paws on the edge of the cardboard, woofing to Changjo while wagging its tail happily.

                “What is it Changjo?” Ricky said, peeking from behind Changjo’s back. Apparently, Ricky’s curiosity got the best of him and he decided to follow Changjo. “Oh, my god! It’s so cute!” Ricky squealed and pushed Changjo, lifting the puppy and hugging it.

                “Ya, Ricky, why did you push me like that?” Changjo said, pouting and clearly not liking the affection Ricky gave to the little puppy.

                “Sorry, Changjo, but it’s so cute!” Ricky squealed again and hugged the puppy. That was when he realized that the puppy was shivering a little. “Omo, the puppy is shivering and might as well hungry. What a cruel person to leave a cute little puppy here.” Ricky furrowed his eyebrows and pouted while looking at the puppy.

                “What are you guys doing here?” A familiar voice asked, making Ricky and Changjo looked back.

                “Oh, Niel-hyung, look what we found!” Ricky lifted the puppy so Niel could see it and the puppy woofed once. “Oh, wait, I’m still mad at you for leaving us alone! What did you do anyway?” Ricky scoffed as he put the puppy back to the box.

                “Oh, CAP just wanted to buy me this and he asked me to choose it by myself.” Niel said, holding out his brand new phone, smiling like a madman.

                “Whoa, that looks so cool! Now I’m the only one who doesn’t have it.” Ricky pouted.

                “Don’t worry jagiya, I’ll buy one for you.” Changjo said as he patted Ricky’s head, making the latter blushed.

                “No! I mean, it’s fine. I’m older than you anyway.” He said, making Changjo scoffed inside. He was sure older but he had never do anything that indicated that he was older.

                “So, what are you guys going to do with the puppy?” Niel asked.

                “Oh, yeah, right. Umm, let’s skip today’s club activities and bring it home first so we can ask Chanhee-hyung if we can keep it.” Ricky said as he lifted the box. “Now, as your punishment for leaving us, you have to carry this.” Ricky said as he handed Niel the box while the latter couldn’t say no.

                As they arrived at the café, Ricky was the first to enter it. Changjo was about to enter the café when suddenly, he saw Byunghun’s mom. He had been to Byunghun’s house countless time and he should’ve known better not to call her ‘ahjumma’.

                The sound of the hit made Ricky cringed, silently hoping that his boyfriend wouldn’t have amnesia. Ricky told Chanhee that they skipped today’s club activities and signaled Niel to go to the kitchen.

                Few minutes later, Chanhee entered the kitchen to see the 3 boys were sitting at the table while the box was on it.

                “So, what’s with the box?” Chanhee said, making the three boys looked at him.

                “Hyung, you know that I’ve been a good boy and I’ve never really asked for anything, right?” Ricky asked.

                Chanhee knew that Ricky had been a good boy. He rarely asked for anything expensive, maybe just some cakes that he made but that was it; nothing really expensive or anything. And he had been helping the café, too. So, Chanhee just nodded as his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter